Sponsored

Binks Ford's Fusion paint protection (Nano-ceramic)

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
I spent 2k on that. Nano-ceramic interior and exterior protection...

It is said to have life time warranty and it does not require annual inspection.

Because it is invisible and dunt even know if it is still there???

And I am given some 'special' detergent etc.

Does anyone know how to wash the car after this properly and whether this thing is worth the money???
Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I spent 2k on that. Nano-ceramic interior and exterior protection...

It is said to have life time warranty and it does not require annual inspection.

Because it is invisible and dunt even know if it is still there???

And I am given some 'special' detergent etc.

Does anyone know how to wash the car after this properly and whether this thing is worth the money???
You've been had at $2K

OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
Good to hear that, cuz on whirlpool people are like completely the opposite.

Now I need some care instructions.

Sponsored

zeeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
OXFORD WHITE GT AUTO MY17
Id ask Binks Ford.Gone there for a few new cars.
But went elsewhere to actually buy.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Heh, just wasted 2k. Better off going to an actual reputable detailed and getting opticoat or 9H done. Takes a fair bit of correction and prep to apply ceramic coats something that the moron detailed that the dealer hires won't do at 20 bucks an hour.

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've seen some horror stories, people paying dealers 2k to completely swirl up a decent paint job and lock it in with their Paint Protection Coating. But I've also seen some pretty slick jobs, it can be hit and miss with Dealers. Safest bet is to use a Detailer who will take pride in their work and have their reputation on the line instead of a Dealer who is just pumping out numbers. You will probably spend three quarters or even less for a better job and a far superior coating.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
hahahah I'm never sure to take the OP posts seriously anymore. I've seen a few now which just don't quite seem to make sense.

Either way 2k for ceramic coating inside and out is way pricey! I paid about $800 for the same thing, with a perfect paint correction too.

Anyone who wants the same, drop me a message and I'll put you in touch with my guy

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Got the Binks fusion as part of my sale too but not feeling warm and fuzzy about the dealer applying it vs a dedicated installer.

I'm now looking at these guys, but it seems so many people do ceramic protection claiming why theirs is the best and others crap....
http://finalfinish.com.au/paint-protection/car-paint-protection-melbourne/
Final finish are great, the only place I let clean my car. I don't think you will be disappointed. Morrie from reflection perfection works out of there, he is arguably one of the best

Jules-2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Cheers, the whole ceramic protection is confusing (ie who's is better) but I think I know I don't want the dealer doing it. The guys ?sam? I think was his name said the dealer one he can remove but his one you need to use heavy cutting pads to get it off its so well bonded. Damm I lost my notes from when I spoke to him as to his recommendation on the mustang. I need to go down there and chat with the guys.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Cheers, the whole ceramic protection is confusing (ie who's is better) but I think I know I don't want the dealer doing it. The guys ?sam? I think was his name said the dealer one he can remove but his one you need to use heavy cutting pads to get it off its so well bonded. Damm I lost my notes from when I spoke to him as to his recommendation on the mustang. I need to go down there and chat with the guys.
Sam is the owner, the coating he is talking about is probably g technique.

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus
I've seen some horror stories, people paying dealers 2k to completely swirl up a decent paint job and lock it in with their Paint Protection Coating. But I've also seen some pretty slick jobs, it can be hit and miss with Dealers. Safest bet is to use a Detailer who will take pride in their work and have their reputation on the line instead of a Dealer who is just pumping out numbers. You will probably spend three quarters or even less for a better job and a far superior coating.
This is correct. I wouldn't / didn't use the dealer. Paid 2/3 the price, wheels included. Detailer had the car for 4 days. Magnificent job.

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Do you actually need paint correction done on a brand new car? My understanding of swirls is they end up on the paint over time from normal washing. I'm no expert on paint protection and this level of detailing so correct me if I'm wrong on this the more I learn the better.
Sponsored