OP
OP
Erez

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Had an interesting find today - I was able to stop a lot of the "jerking" between 1-2 if I wait for the revs to drop (about 1-2 seconds) before shifting. I assume this rev hanging is mostly for shifting in really high RPMs / track - can we cancel it for daily drive?
Sponsored

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
I've just informed by the lady from Ford that in about a month, a new MT-82 will be fitted.:D
Congrats on a satisfactory resolution. Hopefully now you get a drama free Mustang experience.:thumbsup:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Had an interesting find today - I was able to stop a lot of the "jerking" between 1-2 if I wait for the revs to drop (about 1-2 seconds) before shifting. I assume this rev hanging is mostly for shifting in really high RPMs / track - can we cancel it for daily drive?
Youll find that the jerkiness stemming from the the rev hang actually disappears if you just get stuck into it. If you try and drive sedately, that's when you need to wait for the revs to drop.
No way of getting rid of it other than flashing a new tune to the car.

OP
OP
Erez

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
I've just informed by the lady from Ford that in about a month, a new MT-82 will be fitted.:D
That's great news!

Sponsored

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on a satisfactory resolution. Hopefully now you get a drama free Mustang experience.:thumbsup:
Yes hopefully. One of the service guys says they're all noisy. I said you've got a lot of work ahead of you then!

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Well it was one way to get a gearbox that's not splattered with black paint!:D:D

MT-82small.jpg

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I haven't got mine yet but I wasn't unimpressed with it in the one I test drove. I'm spoilt too....my GS has the 6060. Fantastic box! Prob something to consider down the track when the 82 goes plink. The whole 6060 assembly should be avail via ford racing from the GT350 to drop right in.
I had the 6060 connected to an LS3 in my old TVR.....it was hands down the best manual gearbox I've ever used....the change was like a rifle bolt...brilliant bit of kit..

Can't comment on the Mustang as I went Auto this time:)
Sponsored