Sponsored

ozracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
i wonder if with the complete engine redesign on the mY18 models if they will be able to use the exisitng stock exhaust headers in the rhd applications by taking it into account with the design process. This appears to be have what they have done in the all other design aspects of the car to make sure we get the same car as the yanks and presumably to keep production costs down.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Guys did this bulk purchase go ahead?
No, it didn't. There are a variety of reasons why, but at this point, post headers and tune, I'm not even sure if I need it anymore. :crazy::shrug::ninja:

Mcgyver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Spd Manual
No, it didn't. There are a variety of reasons why, but at this point, post headers and tune, I'm not even sure if I need it anymore. :crazy::shrug::ninja:
That's interesting - do you have blog on your mods as I am interested in where the sweets spot is on these engines.

I imagine they leave quite a bit of safety margin in the tune-up as it isn't strictly 98 in Australia. It's naturally aspirated so I thought the tune gains would however be hard to feel.

Headers sound like a difficult mod and expensive too. Are they legal? Or are the Cats in the same place as standard?

Appreciate the insights.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's interesting - do you have blog on your mods as I am interested in where the sweets spot is on these engines.

I imagine they leave quite a bit of safety margin in the tune-up as it isn't strictly 98 in Australia. It's naturally aspirated so I thought the tune gains would however be hard to feel.

Headers sound like a difficult mod and expensive too. Are they legal? Or are the Cats in the same place as standard?

Appreciate the insights.
Ok Mr. Mcgyver...
Yes, I have a thread that details the majority of what I've done, here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71854

Yes, Ford are leaving a bit on the table.
Yes, the factory exhaust is crappola.
Headers "legal" erm, no. The cats are further down steam and unlikely to pass an emissions test.
How much different is the car with headers and a tune?
Well, before headers I rarely used anything but normal mode. Now, I have to use Race mode with the ESC off or the engine will sound like it's breaking down every time I get on it a bit. The reason is traction control. The TC pulls timing and makes the car sound like it's a shitter. Now I just roll the throttle on and enjoy the wheelspin :headbang:
Seriously, it's just animalistic and I LOVE it. :ninja:
Sponsored