Sponsored

When ORDERING a ProCharger kit (HO or STG 2)

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Please make sure you guys tell your dealers / shop all the details on your car, and if you live at elevation.

Having these details is critical for us to be able to install the correct boost level pulley. :)

Remember our pulley for 8psi boost on a 100% stock car is different then a car with full exhaust.

The more details, the better. :)

Also make sure the dealer knows if the car is a Stick of Auto. :)
Sounds silly, but you would be surprised how many times this gets left off.

Thanks again for all the orders guys (and gals)!

GUESS THIS WAS A PROCHARGER PSA hahaha :)
Sponsored

MyYellowPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trip Yel GT Prem PP
So I have an f1a kit I just installed on my 2015 5.0 and when I ordered I specified 9 psi. The tuner is saying the car is making about 13/14psi. As far as I remember, I explained the build to the salesman and I have kooks 1 7/8 headers and 3" catback off-road exhaust by borla. Not only is the car throwing a code for a misfire, the the blower is making more boost than desired, roughly 13/14psi. Looking for any input/guidance. I am not the most mechanically inclined so if I'm missing something very simple I do apologize for being ignorant.

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
So I have an f1a kit I just installed on my 2015 5.0 and when I ordered I specified 9 psi. The tuner is saying the car is making about 13/14psi. As far as I remember, I explained the build to the salesman and I have kooks 1 7/8 headers and 3" catback off-road exhaust by borla. Not only is the car throwing a code for a misfire, the the blower is making more boost than desired, roughly 13/14psi. Looking for any input/guidance. I am not the most mechanically inclined so if I'm missing something very simple I do apologize for being ignorant.
You can't specify 9psi on a F1A....cause it won't go that low.

It's hard to even turn a D1SC down below 11psi.
Since you can't fit much more than a 4.88" or 5" pulley under the hood.

F1A's are race blowers or for really high HP street applications, usually E85 or something of that nature.
The kits are all in a sense "custom" since the dealer ordering it, would need to tell us what size pulley they want on it.
(aka the size in inches, not boost)....

You will have to either lower your engine RPM to limit boost,
or add a wastegate to bleed pressure off,
or have a custom small crank pulley made to slow the blower down.

I urge you to please contact your dealer, as to how to proceed.
Thanks,

NOTE: This is another reason why I urge urge people to stick with our normal P-1SC-1 blowers since they are WAY more than enough for the stock motor to handle.
And then even a D1SC is enough to turn a coyote motor into a pile of scrap parts.
Sponsored