Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Wanted some subtle appearance mods so I picked up these over the BF sales.

Winglets:
The good- Very easy install. The self tapping screws took a little bit of pressure to start biting. I like the look, hardly noticeable but a nice touch. I recommend a lift or a jack. I did mine with the car on the ground and the angle is slightly awkward, but doable.

The bad- none noted

Hood vents:
The good- I initially wanted to paint these gloss black but after talking to a body shop they expressed that the parts would look good for awhile but the paint would eventually blister. So I elected to leave them as is. Removal of stock vents was easy. I have a 16 so I just tucked the signal harness under the heat shield. The harness goes down into the driver's quarter panel so I'm not going to try to remove it completely.

The bad- the holes for the rear screws weren't lined up on the vents. The vent is built in two pieces and sandwiched together with screws and some sort of binding tape/glue. There are two holes you drill for each vent and a screw mounts the vent to the hood. The hole in the lower piece was not even with the holes in the upper piece that holds the screw. I had to use a drill bit to open the lower piece. Since these are molded pieces I have to assume they are all off, and that's an oversight by Roush.
Secondly, the provided template is a guess at best. My passenger side isn't centered and I may have to drill my hood again to move it 1/8" to satisfy my OCD. The inaccuracy of the template coupled with the mismatched holes on the vent are the reason it's off. With some ingenuity I managed to avoid this on the drivers side by opening the vent screw hole guides a bit more and using a paper clip and a dab of paint to mark the real location to drill.

Overall I like the look, but the fit and finish needs some work.
Sponsored

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Appreciate the feedback, first I've heard of the hood vents so i have passed the info along.