D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
The stock bolts can be reused but it seems that one of the bolts will need some length trimmed off. You will need 4 extra bolts for the spacer to intake. The size is M6x1.00mm by 20mm length.
Yes the spacer to intake bolts were hard to come by, I got some at the local hardware store, button head bolts but the head was bigger than the hole inset in the spacer. Had to go to a Fastenal store to get something to fit, Part#2139913 comes in a five pack. The stock bolts have the last two or three mms unthreaded, it's probably all Rika would need to trim.

Rica Go ahead man, mine was a lot more trouble than it should have been due to my goofs.:headbonk: Just remember to trial fit everything first, just trim the fins like soldier989 did, and be sure to thread those holes straight!
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Glad you got it done D BERRY, sucks to hear about your trouble. With the 3 good bolts, maybe a thick ziptie would have been sufficient enough for that bottom right bolt hole. It wouldnt have looked very good, but would have probably held OK.

I also bought a 6 pack of button top bolts that were too big from Lowes. Then I went to Home Depot and they had individual flat top M6x1.0 by 20mm bolts for .68 each. Those were perfect.

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Glad you got it done D BERRY, sucks to hear about your trouble. With the 3 good bolts, maybe a thick ziptie would have been sufficient enough for that bottom right bolt hole. It wouldnt have looked very good, but would have probably held OK.

I also bought a 6 pack of button top bolts that were too big from Lowes. Then I went to Home Depot and they had individual flat top M6x1.0 by 20mm bolts for .68 each. Those were perfect.
If I was smart enough to think before acting sometimes I would have only have drilled out the one hole and put the bolt and nut on top where it would have been easy to get at. But that is why they say hindsight is always 20/20. Zip ties on a carburetor spacer, they are good for everything else so why not. I'm an old guy, I'll probably call them carbs till I die. This mod is worth every penny and more, I was going BBK but now have $300 to spend else where. Must be tough to get all the little stuff for a job like this when your like Rika and live where some of this stuff isn't readily available.

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack / 2016 Ecoboost Premium
Forgot to update my final result. I ended up returning the 15 TB and getting a 13 TB and it worked with no issues. She pulls! Still debating if I'm going to port the manifolds....hmmm

Just want to give a big thank you to whatdoyoufeedit for putting this together and helping the v6 community out. And also thanks to zack for making the spacers happen too. Good Job you guys haha

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
So I got it all wrapped up, took it for a spin around the block (cant do much more than that) and wow, the engine feels more responsive. I'm stock without a tune, have a pedalmax and GT exhaust.

I used the included vacuum line hookups and kept everything as stock as possible. I also kept the intake fins. I dremeled about 2mm inward on all of top side fins and that was enough for the throttle plate to clear (while using the adapter). I didn't touch the bottom side fins at all. The throttle plate opens from the top and never gets close to the bottom ones, even at WOT.

Now, I am a bit concerned with how the TB gaskets and adapter plate all seat. I may have just torqued things differently, I was trying to be careful, I cant hammer down on the TB bolts that go into the adapter, that will strip the threads on this 3D material. I tried to go around in circle and get everything even, but maybe that didn't happen. Can those who used the adapter plate check on if mine seated like theirs?

I hear a wisp noise, but it sounds like its from the intake manifold. I sprayed starting fluid around the gasket area's and the idle didn't jump any. So I don't think I have any vacuum leaks. I'm just curious if this is normal. If so, then at least we have a pic of it so future installers know what to expect.
Hey soldier989 how did the vacuum lines from the ebay tube work out? Are they on there nice and sealed? Think they'll last long term?

Sponsored

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the threading concern on the adapter plate, what I did to make sure it was tight and secure was use some nuts (lol)

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
For the threading concern on the adapter plate, what I did to make sure it was tight and secure was use some nuts (lol)
I could only get 3 nuts on, the bottom right one kicked my ass i couldn't get it on

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The vacuum lines worked out well. Drilled the holes, sloppy as they may be, and stuck the grommets in. I think they'll hold just fine.

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could only get 3 nuts on, the bottom right one kicked my ass i couldn't get it on
I know what you're talking about. Have you tried maybe unscrewing the bolt and aligning the nut right behind the adapter and re screwing it back in holding the nut down?

Sponsored

Rika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 v6 auto
Hi all,
Have a question. I think I have everything to start this mod except for oil separator. Can I go ahead and do this without oil separator? I have the kn breather for the drivers side but missing the separator for the passenger side. Thanks
Rika

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Forgot to update my final result. I ended up returning the 15 TB and getting a 13 TB and it worked with no issues. She pulls! Still debating if I'm going to port the manifolds....hmmm

Just want to give a big thank you to whatdoyoufeedit for putting this together and helping the v6 community out. And also thanks to zack for making the spacers happen too. Good Job you guys haha
Definitely port match the manifold. Open the throttle body by hand and take a silver sharpie and draw a circle and it will show you how much to grind off.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Hi all,
Have a question. I think I have everything to start this mod except for oil separator. Can I go ahead and do this without oil separator? I have the kn breather for the drivers side but missing the separator for the passenger side. Thanks
Rika
You don't need an oil separator for this mod. :thumbsup:

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
That's why I put the bottom bolts on both sides in from the back side of the adapter, you can use an screwdriver or any appropriate sized tool to wedge the bolt head to get the nut tight. Just be careful the whole intake is plastic and will flex some. Also the holes must be drilled out so the bolts will go through them.
100_0392.jpg

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Or glue the nut to the back of the adapter
Glue, wow that borders on genius man! It's always the simplest and most obvious ideas that elude me it seems. If I have to take it apart I'll just glue the heads of the bolts to the back of the adapter. If I glued the nuts I'd probably have to take it apart the next time with a SawsAll.:headbonk:
Sponsored