Sponsored

2017 GT mustang vs 2015

Jules-2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi guys, I was wondering that with the 2017 GT which I am expecting to be built in the next couple of weeks (:) ) is there anything becides Sync 3 which is different from the 2015 we initially got here in Australia? Sure the US had bonnet changes but we never saw those.

Also how have those who just received their cars found the car in terms of panel alignment are they improving now? My dealer said they are but interested in people's latest experience.

Cheers guys
Sponsored

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Cosmetically the 2017 has the antennae pod thing on the back of the roof. Don't think there's anything else drastically different though. As far as I know my machine will be getting built somewhere in the next few weeks as well so maybe we'll end up getting our cars around the same time.

Bernborough

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernie
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Fastback Auto
I had no panel alignment issues. Mine goes in for its 3000km check up this week (delivered Oct '16)and I have no defects or problems to report.

OP
OP

Jules-2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had no panel alignment issues. Mine goes in for its 3000km check up this week (delivered Oct '16)and I have no defects or problems to report.
That's good to hear! I get that it's not a Bentley but I would expect that panel alignment are up my Corollas standard (don't judge GT on the way lol).

2018 will be a sweet ride but have to buy one some day so looking forward to the arrival of the GT.

Hey a potentially stupid question but the manual doesn't have remote start does it, even if you left it in neutral right? Actually not even sure if the Australian spec auto has it here but looks like a nice feature on a hot day.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
That's good to hear! I get that it's not a Bentley but I would expect that panel alignment are up my Corollas standard (don't judge GT on the way lol).

2018 will be a sweet ride but have to buy one some day so looking forward to the arrival of the GT.

Hey a potentially stupid question but the manual doesn't have remote start does it, even if you left it in neutral right? Actually not even sure if the Australian spec auto has it here but looks like a nice feature on a hot day.
Nope we don't get auto start as a feature

Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
My MY2017 was delivered in Sep.

I had poor alignment on the front bumper which was fixed by the guy who did my front parking sensors.

I also had poor alignment on the passenger door. Dealer sent it to the Panel Shop they use and all is fine now.

No other issues. Paint was fine according to Final Finish who did my correction and protection. There was one bad mark on the bonnet when put under lights. It was like a tennis ball size and suspect it was due to some sort of suction cap that was used to move the panel - that buffed out fine. All other paint correction was just general contaminants. Everything buffed out fine and it came up beautifully.

Other than Sync 3 and the GPS antenna I'm not aware of anything else that's different. Re sync 3 I really like Apple Carplay.

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
My dealer who sells a lot of cars said that the quality control varies a lot - they started out bad panelwise, then went good but his last shipment of 2 cars have been in the panelshop for 2 days straight off the truck.

He also said that Ford had stopped supply of the puddle lamps, waiting for the updated version - all the ones he's had to replace were on the drivers side only.

Cheers

J

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
I had some paint bubbling issues on the driver side door of mine. Corner of the door had bubbling like it had trapped several large clump of sand inside the paint. Took it to the dealer who sent me to their painter and the painted said had to strip the door out, grind it down and repaint the whole door. Was done under warranty and took 3 days. Also corrected a minor seal issue on the door too. It came back better, but still 100% perfect. But I can live with it. It's not noticeable now unless you know what you're looking for. Even then it's very faint. Panel line wise they weren't too bad. Mine was delivered late september.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do darker colours disguise misaligned panels better?
Yes.
As an example:
The traditional hood pinch is drastically more noticeable on colours other than black, magnetic etc. mine (magnetic) is out a little but you have to stare at it. On a white car you'll see it from a mile away.
Also, the clutch is improved on the 17 compared to say a 16. Not sure when they made the change in parts exactly, or what parts are affected, but it IS a more user friendly setup. :cheers:

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
My bonnet alignment is pretty average. Sits down below the guard by about 2-3mm near the windscreen. Whatever, I couldn't be bothered caring and every single mustang I've seen looks just as bad. Mine is MY17 delivered Oct '16.
When it was black it wasn't as obvious, the grey now stands out a little more but most people don't notice it until I point it out.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
The alignment on my car is reasonably good. It was built a couple of days after the October week-long factory closure.

The EcoBoost in the photo has close to zero gap between the passenger side guard and the bonnet, towards the leading edge. It was built a week or so before the closure. I don't know if the closure was significant or not.

OP
OP

Jules-2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The alignment on my car is reasonably good. It was built a couple of days after the October week-long factory closure.

The EcoBoost in the photo has close to zero gap between the passenger side guard and the bonnet, towards the leading edge. It was built a week or so before the closure. I don't know if the closure was significant or not.

Grabber blue is so cool, saw one up close on the weekend and I really like it. Man i could own almost any of them and be happy. It's a shame panel gap is an issue but it's not a problem unique to Ford and as long as the dealer sorts it out who cares - I think my dealer will not give me too much crap but time will tell. (Binks ford)
Sponsored