Sponsored

How is your White interior holding up?

Ratkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE #1681
How are your white seat inserts holding up?

An opportunity has come my way to purchase a Wimbledon White LE. Currently the condition of the seats are near perfect, but I'm concerned about longevity and well they will hold up as a daily driver.
Sponsored

Last edited:

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
SVTFreak should be able to give you some good feedback on that since his is a DD.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I have little over 16k on mine and my seats are holding up much better than I expected

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I wear jeans and was concerned about the dye transfer. I put a bottom seat cover on mine. I have noticed a very slight brown/orange color on the lower back that I assume is from my leather belt. I can't remove this with any leather conditioner I can find.

I have no wrinkle, wear or other issues. I have put leather conditioner on probably 6 or so times.

Chrome2envy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have noticed a little orange/brown color on mine also but I find if I clean them fairly regularly they don't seem to be staining bad and mine's a daily and I'm a welder so I'm always kinda dirty haha

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ratkiller

Ratkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE #1681
I have noticed a little orange/brown color on mine also but I find if I clean them fairly regularly they don't seem to be staining bad and mine's a daily and I'm a welder so I'm always kinda dirty haha

What products do you use?

Chrome2envy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I use the Meguiars gold class, rich leather cleaner and conditioner really nothing fancy I'm pretty sure I picked it up at crappy tire.

Bo50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
50 Years LE WW 6sp #1353
Mine looks great!

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
I'm a bit of a freak... I keep plastic seat covers on my front seats (like when you get an oil change) and condition everything every couple of months.
But, they look like new! haha

Sponsored

5.0-50A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary WW STICK
Well it didn't over here with just 14k miles. My driver's seat arrived with a decent wear spot on the driver seat about where the right leg is. I'm guessing from sunscreen use, which bleached the dye off down to the tan leather base. I thought it was surface dirt at first till got a good look up close and it is the bare leather.

So I got a re-color kit from www.autoleatherdye.com #FL9 Cashmere to try out. Got the 2 seat kit but looks like enough juice to do all 4 seats if needed. I'll add pics of the damaged seat later but here's the kit:
IMG_1300.JPG

Drmetcalf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniv Limited Edition Mustang 1607
I have a 50 LE but is not a DD. They still look great with only 1K miles.

OP
OP
Ratkiller

Ratkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE #1681
Well it didn't over here with just 14k miles. My driver's seat arrived with a decent wear spot on the driver seat about where the right leg is. I'm guessing from sunscreen use, which bleached the dye off down to the tan leather base. I thought it was surface dirt at first till got a good look up close and it is the bare leather.

So I got a re-color kit from www.autoleatherdye.com #FL9 Cashmere to try out. Got the 2 seat kit but looks like enough juice to do all 4 seats if needed. I'll add pics of the damaged seat later but here's the kit:
Before and after shots would be great.

5.0-50A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary WW STICK

Last edited:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Put some white cotton towels on them. It might seem tacky but it will protect your investment.

Another option I used, and still have, is to use sheepskins. They worked with my last white interior-I just never got rid of them.

Very warm in winter, cool in summer.

Thyanks

CVCashmere
Sponsored