Sponsored

MY18 order times

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Thanks for keeping us up to date!
Yes, nice to hear from Ford. But for AUS to get M18 later next year, Ford would have to build old MY17 cars alongside MY18s to supply existing and coming export demand. Does that make economic sense?:headbonk:Notice how Ford confirmed the new safety features for MY18. They wouldn't be happy with the 2star ANCAP and are looking to improve on this i guess. It will be interesting to see the price rise for the MY18. Especially given new safety features. I wonder if we will also get adaptive cruise. A very handy feature.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
My dealer said that the demand for the MY17 is still big, despite the announcement of the MY18. I have changed my order to the latter last Sunday, and he said first batch should arrive 2nd half of 2018, same as what Ford Aus has mentioned here.

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
My dealer said that the demand for the MY17 is still big, despite the announcement of the MY18. I have changed my order to the latter last Sunday, and he said first batch should arrive 2nd half of 2018, same as what Ford Aus has mentioned here.
Did the dealer have any idea of specs for Australia and if their was to be any price increase as my dealer had no info at all.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Yes, nice to hear from Ford. But for AUS to get M18 later next year, Ford would have to build old MY17 cars alongside MY18s to supply existing and coming export demand. Does that make economic sense?:headbonk:
I agree which means production won't swap over at the usual June point. I'd say Octoberish cut over instead.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I agree which means production won't swap over at the usual June point. I'd say Octoberish cut over instead.
Like mentioned before, how ford AUS and their dealers handle this first upgrade will be interesting to say the least, now that the cats out of the bag so early, with lots of details. Mustang diehards wont care as much as the first timers or latest is greatist guys, waiting for a car that will be superseded by the time they get it.
Only a solid price rise or discounting of older model ( or both ) will keep up sales during this period.:love:

Sponsored

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Did the dealer have any idea of specs for Australia and if their was to be any price increase as my dealer had no info at all.
Dealer said there is a very good chance magneride and digital guage will come as standard.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Ford's chief engineer did state that the digital dash is standard on export models.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
What dome people dont realise is that, the cars are being built and shipped over to australia immediately. There are no stock simply waiting in warhouses. And when the factory start making the my18 the whole factory changes to that model. So if anyone says australia wont get the my18 until mid 2018 is incorrect as that would mean australia would het zero stock for 6 to 8 months. The reason aussies waited long for the 2015 model was because right hand production lines did not start until sept 2015.

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
What dome people dont realise is that, the cars are being built and shipped over to australia immediately. There are no stock simply waiting in warhouses. And when the factory start making the my18 the whole factory changes to that model. So if anyone says australia wont get the my18 until mid 2018 is incorrect as that would mean australia would het zero stock for 6 to 8 months. The reason aussies waited long for the 2015 model was because right hand production lines did not start until sept 2015.
So when do you anticipate that the first MY18 will land in Australia as my dealer says you will not see any until the second half of 2018 and you will not know pricing or specs until the end of the year.

Gavin k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
You must know something that we, the dealerships and ford Australia don't as they all saying second half of 2018 at this stage.

Sponsored

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Well I wish they would modify the passenger side mirror. I'm only 5'6" and could barely see on that side.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
You must know something that we, the dealerships and ford Australia don't as they all saying second half of 2018 at this stage.
What i have found with the delivery process of my Pony early last year and the whole Mustang roll- out, is that Ford AUS is generally in the dark when it comes to Mustang. Understandably, they are at the mercy of what ever Ford USA feeds them. As mentioned before, common sense would suggest an early 2018 release here if MY18 production starts mid year for a september 2018 USA release, as reported. Gee, Ford USA is already previewing/advertising the MY18 in all it's glory with full details. It's hard to imagine a one year+ gap in release this time. Is Ford going to keep building the old model as well and think we are silly enough to keep buying it at anywhere near full price?

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Well I wish they would modify the passenger side mirror. I'm only 5'6" and could barely see on that side.
My better half is 5'3" and it's useless to her because the seat is to far forward. Don't know how Ford gets away with this safety issue. And no Digital speedo.

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
In previous years Ford USA announce publicly the date of last MY17 production, the shutdown dates of the Factory whilst they re-tool for the new model and the beginning production date for the MY18 model. They do not announce when RHD production begins nor when allocations are assigned to AUS or NZ or UK or whereever. Generally in previous years production begins August. When a RHD ordered car for an AUS customer is build and shipped is an unknown. I guess Ford AUS are being cautious in their delivery dates and to use an old term "under promising and over delivering" when surprise, surprise the first of the new Model year start arriving before the "under promised" middle of 2018 calendar year arrival announcement.

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
In previous years Ford USA announce publicly the date of last MY17 production, the shutdown dates of the Factory whilst they re-tool for the new model and the beginning production date for the MY18 model. They do not announce when RHD production begins nor when allocations are assigned to AUS or NZ or UK or whereever. Generally in previous years production begins August. When a RHD ordered car for an AUS customer is build and shipped is an unknown. I guess Ford AUS are being cautious in their delivery dates and to use an old term "under promising and over delivering" when surprise, surprise the first of the new Model year start arriving before the "under promised" middle of 2018 calendar year arrival announcement.
Yes all that, but my guess is mostly they simply don't want people bailing out of 2017 orders if they think 2018 is just around the corner. But then I'm just old and cynical
Sponsored