Sponsored

Tyre pressure sensors recalibrate?

S550GTRed5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed having bought a decent tyre pressure gauge the tyre pressure sensors in the car are always showing 2 psi more than what's on the gauge. Is this just the normal tolerance or do the TPMS sensors need recalibrating every once in a while?

Previously I was assuming the sensors in the car were correct so set my tyres to what it said. Any thoughts? Anyone else noticed anything?
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be too stressed about it, as long as they're consistent in the readings you're getting. I just wish we could change the warning pressure...

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I noticed having bought a decent tyre pressure gauge the tyre pressure sensors in the car are always showing 2 psi more than what's on the gauge. Is this just the normal tolerance or do the TPMS sensors need recalibrating every once in a while?

Previously I was assuming the sensors in the car were correct so set my tyres to what it said. Any thoughts? Anyone else noticed anything?
How you see the pressures on the instrument panel?

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018

How do you see the pressures on the instrument panel?

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
How do you see the pressures on the instrument panel?
Engine Info -> Press up.

Double check it's enabled somewhere in the settings.

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Engine Info -> Press up.

Thx very much. Been trying for a while to see that. I wish we could have all the info on the main panel all the time.:cheers:

OP
OP
S550GTRed5

S550GTRed5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies apologies for not posting sooner Chris. It just looks as though the PSI in the car is just a couple PSI more than what it is, good to know for future type pump ups.

I've just been having issues with one of my rears picked up a puncture had it repaired then it started to leak again. Got it fixed again so probably just a bit paranoid. Not impressed with these pirellis overall but obviously all tyres are susceptible to punctures however

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
I got a person at the dealership service dept. deflating my tyres and setting them to correct pressures. Keep in mind you will need to reset (calibrate) the sensors straight after the pressure has changed. It was showing +-1 PSI, so pretty accurate, as soon as you re-calibrate it.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Engine Info -> Press up.

Thanks for the tip; why the heck did they put it under Engine Info !!!!! :doh:

I spend ages looking for how to check tyre pressures. The pathetic owners manual didn't help, other than how to re-set the pressures.

***EDIT: to reset the tyre pressure monitor, on a GT at least, go to the information display through the buttons on the left had side of the wheel.

Push left arrow < to select 'driver assist'

Press 'ok'

Select 'Tyre Monitor'

Push right arrow > (from memory)

Press and HOLD 'OK' until it says complete.

I believe that you should do the re-set when the tyres are cold. w0rt3x might know more.

It is in a breakout box on page 180 of the manual, incorrectly described as how to check the tyre pressures.

Pretty slack of the people responsible for the manual not to run a spell checker over it be before publishing it. I tired of seeing tyre spelt both 'tire' and 'tyre'.

Last edited:

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I got a person at the dealership service dept. deflating my tyres and setting them to correct pressures. Keep in mind you will need to reset (calibrate) the sensors straight after the pressure has changed. It was showing +-1 PSI, so pretty accurate, as soon as you re-calibrate it.
How do you reset?

OP
OP
S550GTRed5

S550GTRed5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info, i didn't even know you could reset it by holding down OK. Makes sense though being the same as the fuel reset. I'll give it a go
Sponsored

Reactions: car