Sponsored

Almost 60K for Loaded 2018 GT

WPStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
https://www.torquenews.com/106/why-loaded-2018-ford-mustang-gt-costs-nearly-60k

Came across this today as have been considering trading in my 2015 GT PP 6 speed for the 2018.
In my opinion however, almost 60K for a loaded GT is really pushing the price envelope.
Yes I am aware of the extra equipment and performance of the new model.
However for that price I will seriously look at going back to a Corvette.
My 2015 has 50,000 mostly trouble free miles( except for the air conditioner that went out last year, repaired under warranty), and I have very much enjoyed owning and driving the car.
Seems to me though that Ford may want to reexamine its pricing.
Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
https://www.torquenews.com/106/why-loaded-2018-ford-mustang-gt-costs-nearly-60k

Came across this today as have been considering trading in my 2015 GT PP 6 speed for the 2018.
In my opinion however, almost 60K for a loaded GT is really pushing the price envelope.
Yes I am aware of the extra equipment and performance of the new model.
However for that price I will seriously look at going back to a Corvette.
My 2015 has 50,000 mostly trouble free miles( except for the air conditioner that went out last year, repaired under warranty), and I have very much enjoyed owning and driving the car.
Seems to me though that Ford may want to reexamine its pricing.
Just my 2 cents.
even 50k is insane for a regular GT. Look for a Corvette GS, they are sitting on the lot, and you can get a 1LT GS for low 60s. :clap2:

I would wait a little more and get the 2LT GS. Has a little more features and a front facing camera for parking.

OP
OP

WPStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
even 50k is insane for a regular GT. Look for a Corvette GS, they are sitting on the lot, and you can get a 1LT GS for low 60s. :clap2:

I would wait a little more and get the 2LT GS. Has a little more features and a front facing camera for parking.
Yes I agree even 50K is too high
I paid 40K for a loaded 2015 GT Premium PP etc..no way Im spending close to 60K for a loaded 2018
Im also curious as to how heavy the 2018 model will be, havent seen any info regarding its weight yet

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
MSRP is just that...a suggestion. The GHIN crowd (gotta have it now) will pay a premium but '18 Mustangs will be discounted too.
Mustang and Corvette are 2 such different vehicles, I don't see them as comparable. Personally, I despise GM, and you couldn't pay me to drive a Vette, so I am biased. There is a mid-size chevy dealer near me that must have 50 vettes on the lot.....and I am not in a big Vette buyer market....not sure how he will ever sell them all.....you can likely get a very good deal on one right now.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I'm so confused, how are people getting close to 60k loaded while I can only get to 51k ish with everything on the build site? Can someone please shine some light on me please. The build I have is listed in my signature, which is $51,565 MSRP if I remember correctly and I can't find anything more to add on there.

OP
OP

WPStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm so confused, how are people getting close to 60k loaded while I can only get to 51k ish with everything on the build site? Can someone please shine some light on me please. The build I have is listed in my signature, which is $51,565 MSRP if I remember correctly and I can't find anything more to add on there.
The link in the initial post goes through the pricing
Loaded Fastback is over 55 K and the convertible over 58 K

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I would imagine like all other non-special edition mustangs it will not hold its value well. Just wait a few years and a get a near new one for half the price. Hell mine went from 42k at MSRP (36k actual cost) to an estimated value of 28k on kbb in a year and a half and it has low miles and is in like mint condition.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
The $39K I paid for my Premium/PP w/ Recaro seats is looking better and better.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Might as well get yourself a Vette if you can fit in one. The Mustang is not a 50k car. That's what I told myself when I bought my 2017 rather than waiting it out on the 2018.

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I would imagine like all other non-special edition mustangs it will not hold its value well. Just wait a few years and a get a near new one for half the price. Hell mine went from 42k at MSRP (36k actual cost) to an estimated value of 28k on kbb in a year and a half and it has low miles and is in like mint condition.
Dude same. I pad 43k for mine in December of 2015. Currently the car's valued at 29k via KBB. 14K down in less than 2 years? I'd also say that's pretty good for what I've seen from others on here.

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Might as well get yourself a Vette if you can fit in one. The Mustang is not a 50k car. That's what I told myself when I bought my 2017 rather than waiting it out on the 2018.
Interested on why you think it is not a $50K car? Not agreeing or disagreeing but this is something I have heard a lot but no real reason behind it except that its "just a Mustang". Since real perfromance tests have not come out on the 2018's how can you already conclude that it is not worth $50K?