Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT350
30659982770_5d366b835c_b.jpg

31640333003_5f0052c316_b.jpg

29849647794_06055ee472_b.jpg

[ame]

After an unpopular decision but rather easy one for me to do, I traded my '15 F80 M3 in for a '17 GT350. If you're into M3s, my M3 Journal has anything you would ever care to know about it.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000683

I could always see myself owning some sort of Mustang. I assumed that would be to rev in the garage but never actually drive it on a backroad. Then I read, like most of us, about the upcoming GT350. I thought, "hmm..., that seems right up my ally, a sports car with an epic engine." The biggest problem I have with the M3 is the engine and sound of it, and there was no question the FPC/V8 would work for me. Early on I thought about adding it not replacing my beloved M3. That was until I got my Raptor. I really needed something to tow my GT3 to the Carolina mountains as I will be going up there tow or three times a year. Once I got four door truck, I quickly realized that really don't need a four door car any longer. I could simply cart the kids around in the truck. Then my wheels started turning.

I'm an M3 fanboy and really couldn't imagine living without one, so I started shopping an E92 M3 (previous generation with 4.0L V8). I had a Le Mans Blue that I traded for my 911 C2S in early 2013. http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886154 But here was the problem. When I get my next E92, I want to keep it forever and don't want to drive it around all the time. So I decided to wait on getting that car and keep the F80.

But then I took a trip to the mountains and stayed with a friend that owns a 991 GT3 RS and was madly in love with the GT350. We talked about it for hours. He's one of the few people in this world that I would trust with car advice. He had spent a day in one and couldn't stop talking about. So my wheels got turning. I came home from the mountains and got to work.

Well a few weeks later, I had found a stripeless, '17, Avalanche Grey, Recaro'd car in my exact spec. The only thing it was missing was a black roof. They wanted $5,000 over sticker that I refused to pay. We came to an agreement of $50,000 for my M3 stock (I'd sell all my aftermarket parts.) and $61,000 for the GT350 ($1K over). Which basically meant I was paying $5K over. Now all I had to do was get my M3 put back together. Everything I had was bolt-on, but it was still going to take some work. I invited the friends I trust to help me work on my car (well...car I'm trading in) to help me get stock ready for a trade.

[ame]

While taking apart the M3 I got the third call from the Avalanche dealer bugging me about when I was going to make it up to make the trade. We had agreed to me getting there by Wednesday as I had to take the parts off my M3. They called again later that day, so I told them to get lost. I'd find another one somewhere else. One of my buddies piped up reminding me that he had a good friend that is the GM at the Ford Dealership in town. I said, What!?" He made the call and got me $54,000 for my M3 and $2500 above invoice. But...they didn't have the car I wanted.

Long story short, that dealership couldn't get me a car. The Ford dealers are holding on tightly to their allocated GT350s. So this opened up my mind to other color options. I considered Lightning Blue, but that is very similar to my Sapphire Blue GT3, Race Red, or White. Magnetic was not on the list. Then I got a call from Justin Land at Weikert Ford in the small town of Lake Wales about 2 hours from me. He had met my friend AdamLZ when Adam was thinking about getting a car. So Justin was smart enough to reach out to me to let me know they had a Magnetic Metallic coming fresh from production. So naturally, my wheels started turning. After some hard thinking and looking at lots of pictures. I decided this was the color.

The car showed up on October 21, 2016 and the rest is history

30454553111_4eaeb45bd0_b.jpg

[ame]

[ame]

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Money2536

Money2536

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dialing In the Car After Taking Delivery

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

Last edited:

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Nice! I've watched some of your videos on your 991 GT3, very informative with the installs/upkeep of your cars. Glad you got a GT350, I'm looking forward to your videos on it. I almost went with the MG but ended up ordering mine in AG after seeing one in person. MG is still one of my favorite colors on the car though :thumbsup: Like you, I bought mine without ever driving one, glad to see your initial impressions were good. Hopefully my experience will be the same.

Sponsored

Arctic_Ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H1465
Have only been able to watch one video so far but will be sure to watch the rest. Great attention to detail, and great color combo on your GT350. Your car is the direct twin to mine, magnetic with black stripes, electronics package.

Edit: These videos are taking over my life

Last edited:

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Sweet. Awesome videos. I'm in Central FL as well. Nice to see this car is in good hands!

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Awesome videos and car. In another life I was on BP pretty often. I remember your M3 journal.

Good to see you on here.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Congrats Matt! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the GT350.

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M
Congrats on the GT350. I viewed your videos on YouTube and than found you here. I'm looking forward to see what you do to the car. The Borla exhaust? I found the Recaro's too narrow on the bottom so I had to get the Tech package. Interested to see how you deal with that.

Sponsored

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Nice work. Thank you for taking the time to put these together and sharing with us!

danttt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i bmw
Love your videos.. I'm trying to decide between a gt350 or m3... I have watched most of reviews on the m3... can wait to see what you say in regards to your opinion on both... beautiful car!

Arctic_Ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H1465
Matt, these videos are extremely well done. Thank you for taking the time to put all of these together. Honestly, they inspire me to want to become an expert and to learn how to be as obsessed as you are. I enjoyed the video of your son asking to do burnouts. Teach them young. I've got an almost identical video, where my wife is recording and the kids are in the back seat (of my other car) and my 2 year old is chanting 'Donuts! Daddy lets do Donuts!!!'. Have really enjoyed watching and learning from your videos.

What is your opinion of the fitted car cover that was an option for these cars, as I was putting mine on tonight I wondered if you would put one on your car. It is stored in my heated garage until spring (I'm in Northern Canada, we have snow on the ground). Would like to hear what you think of the fitted cover if you have one, and covers in general.

OP
OP
Money2536

Money2536

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Matt, these videos are extremely well done. Thank you for taking the time to put all of these together. Honestly, they inspire me to want to become an expert and to learn how to be as obsessed as you are. I enjoyed the video of your son asking to do burnouts. Teach them young. I've got an almost identical video, where my wife is recording and the kids are in the back seat (of my other car) and my 2 year old is chanting 'Donuts! Daddy lets do Donuts!!!'. Have really enjoyed watching and learning from your videos.

What is your opinion of the fitted car cover that was an option for these cars, as I was putting mine on tonight I wondered if you would put one on your car. It is stored in my heated garage until spring (I'm in Northern Canada, we have snow on the ground). Would like to hear what you think of the fitted cover if you have one, and covers in general.
They forgot to put my cover in the car, so I should have mine in a few days. I've used a cover on all of my cars, but I only put it on the car just after a wash. If you put it on a dirty car, even just a drive around the block, you're bound to scratch the paint at some point. I'm taking some photos and videos of mine and post it here once I get it.
Sponsored