Sponsored

2015 GT stock vs Modded Mini Cooper GP

garyharris1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So, I had never seen a Cooper GP until yesterday. Those little guys are quick. I didn't race him, but i did get to see him get on it and played a little bit of keep up while getting through traffic. I only pulled on him a little bit in the given driving conditions. I am not sure what all was done, but it had a massive FMIC. Very sharp little car.
Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I don't think it'll be faster than a GT. 211hp and about 2600lbs? 12.32lb/hp for Mini, 8.62lb/hp for GT (assuming 3750lbs). Even modded to 300hp, still 8.67lb/hp, with a hp disadvantage, plus FWD...

OP
OP

garyharris1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Well, these conditions, the drive-train would have little effect. That said, I don't know what he was making for power, but he was very quick. I pulled ever so slightly, so he was probably in the ballpark of 300.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well, these conditions, the drive-train would have little effect. That said, I don't know what he was making for power, but he was very quick. I pulled ever so slightly, so he was probably in the ballpark of 300.
Of course, I meant mainly that FWD is at a disadvantage off the line, or at low speeds. Most do fairly well from a 40+ pull.

I don't know how much those little engines can handle for power, so 300 was just an estimate.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Why even entertain a mini. Might as well race one of those lawn mower powered Si's...

Sponsored

OP
OP

garyharris1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Why even entertain a mini. Might as well race one of those lawn mower powered Si's...
Are you implying that they aren't worthy, due to being far inferior? I love my car, but I have owned several "tuner cars" and there are many that would put our "superior" car to shame. In the end, as an enthusiast, the stock form of a car is just a foundation. Clearly his Mini was no slouch, and I have built a few hondas that will run 10's all day long.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
While its not my cup of tea, I do give respect for those small displacement high psi engines that usually require a lot of work to get to the point where they can compete with high hp V8's. I don't like the way they sound and I don't like it when they gut their car and pretend its an honest comparison, but props to a full interior 4 banger running 11's and 12's.

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
If you've never driven a Mini, you're missing out. As you can see in my sig, I have a nicely modified Mini Cooper S and I have a blast driving it. The steering is very tight and can only be described as like a gokart.

They're not fast by any means, but they're quick and nimble.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
While its not my cup of tea, I do give respect for those small displacement high psi engines that usually require a lot of work to get to the point where they can compete with high hp V8's. I don't like the way they sound and I don't like it when they gut their car and pretend its an honest comparison, but props to a full interior 4 banger running 11's and 12's.
Your car, your preference. I agreed I like my GT more than most 4 Cylinder turbo cars, but vw/audi is putting out some terrific cars right now. The new gti with a downpipe and tune will pull a GT. The awd golf r with the same mods is hitting Hugh 11s. You're talking 1500 bucks or less to run 11s. Just plain nuts.

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
I had a Mini S and a GTI

I tuned both. They respond well to tunes. They are fun to drive. Easy to find parking space.
Sponsored