Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I have the Lund boost +
Might be the boost plus. I ended up sending mine back. It was almost always off by 2/3 psi. Supposedly there is a new one with beefed up internals being released.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zrmurcer

Zrmurcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Guys the adjuster was bottomed out. I bought a 1/2 inch shorter belt and problems solved. I guess I was being an idiot when I made the post instead of just checking the little crap first

OP
OP
Zrmurcer

Zrmurcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Either you have a gauge error, and something thats causing it to not understand pressure. Thats my guess.

Cause if your belt is slipping, it doesn't "fix itself" and get better.

But then again, if you have belt slip.
You might be the ONLY person on here with that issue.

That tensioner is rockstar when used correctly, and powers 8 second cars!
I agree the tensioner is awesome! Belt was a little long causing the adjuster to bottom out. Shorter belt installed problem solved

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Might be the boost plus. I ended up sending mine back. It was almost always off by 2/3 psi. Supposedly there is a new one with beefed up internals being released.
Yikes... and another reason why I don't trust ANYTHING other then my mechanical gauge...

Guys the adjuster was bottomed out. I bought a 1/2 inch shorter belt and problems solved. I guess I was being an idiot when I made the post instead of just checking the little crap first
Do NOT bottom that nut out!
That bolt/nut is never to be adjusted.

(you limit the travel of it opening if you do that)

Glad to hear you are golden. :) :cheers::headbang::thumbsup:

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Yikes... and another reason why I don't trust ANYTHING other then my mechanical gauge...
Isn't it just like any other sensor, except it sends the signal to the nGauge? Correct me if I'm wrong because I'd love to learn.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Isn't it just like any other sensor, except it sends the signal to the nGauge? Correct me if I'm wrong because I'd love to learn.
Its just a pressure transducer.

The issue is.... many times these sensors have errors in their calibrations, how the determined outside ambient pressure, as well as the slopes in which they are calibrated.

EXAMPLE: (using a GM car)
Customer #1 has a D1SC 3.70" pulley spins to 6,500rpm, has 3 bar MAP sensor
Customer #2 has a D1SC 3.70" pulley spins to 6,500rpm, has 3 bar MAP sensor

Customer #1 says "I make 15psi of boost on my log"
Customer #2 says "I made 13.5psi of boost on my log"

What's the difference between the two combos I just listed?
- absoultly NOTHING....except.

Customer #1's tuner correctly entered the slope and offset data in the ECU
Customer #2's tuner pulled some random numbers off the intenet, OR stuffed some random other tune into the ECU, and has goofed up the MAP sensor readings.

I fight this almost daily when customers give me "boooooooost" readings.
Yet, nobody has actually put an old school mechanical gauge on the car. :)

One of the best and most used tools in my "arsenal" is....
- autometer boost gauge, with a check valve in it.
It will read the max boost the car makes, and the check valve holds it till I release it!

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Its just a pressure transducer.

The issue is.... many times these sensors have errors in their calibrations, how the determined outside ambient pressure, as well as the slopes in which they are calibrated.

EXAMPLE: (using a GM car)
Customer #1 has a D1SC 3.70" pulley spins to 6,500rpm, has 3 bar MAP sensor
Customer #2 has a D1SC 3.70" pulley spins to 6,500rpm, has 3 bar MAP sensor

Customer #1 says "I make 15psi of boost on my log"
Customer #2 says "I made 13.5psi of boost on my log"

What's the difference between the two combos I just listed?
- absoultly NOTHING....except.

Customer #1's tuner correctly entered the slope and offset data in the ECU
Customer #2's tuner pulled some random numbers off the intenet, OR stuffed some random other tune into the ECU, and has goofed up the MAP sensor readings.

I fight this almost daily when customers give me "boooooooost" readings.
Yet, nobody has actually put an old school mechanical gauge on the car. :)

One of the best and most used tools in my "arsenal" is....
- autometer boost gauge, with a check valve in it.
It will read the max boost the car makes, and the check valve holds it till I release it!
I see what you're saying, but I'm still a bit confused as to the accuracy of the Lund Boost Box. What's the point of a boost gauge if it's inaccurate?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I see what you're saying, but I'm still a bit confused as to the accuracy of the Lund Boost Box. What's the point of a boost gauge if it's inaccurate?
I am not saying it is inaccurate.
I am saying if a person questions a reading on ANY digital sensor.
Its always a good idea to reference a mechanical gauge to double check.

And I was giving the example of why I see so MUCH variation in the GM world.
Which drives me up the wall, plus I have seen some broken motors because tuners "think" its only making 9psi, when in reality it was making like 13psi,... but they had the settings screwed up in the computer.

OP
OP
Zrmurcer

Zrmurcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT

Do NOT bottom that nut out!
That bolt/nut is never to be adjusted.

(you limit the travel of it opening if you do that)

Glad to hear you are golden. :) :cheers::headbang::thumbsup:
Thanks! works like a champ! The jack screw was just bottoming out before i could get the correct tension! I appreciate everyones feedback!!

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
I verified the boost plus against a manual boost gauge and it was off 2/3 psi...then switched to eBoost street, verified it against the manual and now the eBoost is all I use to control and watch boost...now if i could get that info into my logs I would be in heaven...anyone know how to connect the eBoost to an nGauge? :)

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
there is none...either accurate or BOOM.... So double check just to be sure... Lund is working or has worked on a fix... I would reach out to them once you verify what you have against a manual gauge..

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
there is none...either accurate or BOOM.... So double check just to be sure... Lund is working or has worked on a fix... I would reach out to them once you verify what you have against a manual gauge..
Ah okay. Only reason I'm so concerned is because I'm about to install my Procharger kit and my Lund Boost Box is on it's way to me right now. I guess we'll find out shortly how accurate it is. I know the 5.00 pulley I plan on using is good for 8-10 psi.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Ah okay. Only reason I'm so concerned is because I'm about to install my Procharger kit and my Lund Boost Box is on it's way to me right now. I guess we'll find out shortly how accurate it is. I know the 5.00 pulley I plan on using is good for 8-10 psi.
will a 5" pulley fit? I am assuming stage 2 right, i thought the biggest they shipped with was 4.75?

The cool thing about any belt driven system is no spike's. Once you are set with the right pulley a boost gauge seems pointless imho... That is as long as you keep your belt tight. I run it cause I do see spikes but that is because I have been messing around a bit... :)