Sponsored

Pro charger stage 2 boost issue

Zrmurcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I have a stage 2 p1sc procharger....I put the 4.38 pulley on it and it will read 12psi one day and only log 8.5 the next day. I looked at the jack screw and it appears that it's bottomed out on the adjustment ... just wandering if anyone else is downsizing their pulley and how they are adjusting the belt..... I did go back and tighten all of my clamps so I believe I'm not losing boost there.
Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I have a stage 2 p1sc procharger....I put the 4.38 pulley on it and it will read 12psi one day and only log 8.5 the next day. I looked at the jack screw and it appears that it's bottomed out on the adjustment ... just wandering if anyone else is downsizing their pulley and how they are adjusting the belt..... I did go back and tighten all of my clamps so I believe I'm not losing boost there.

4.38 sounds huge for a p1sc. Maybe procharger can chime in with some pulley sizes and boost # at sea level. I run a 3.60 on mine.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea that does sound big!!!,also check your belt tension,if your bottomed out and still not tight u might have to drop down a belt size.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
4.38 sounds huge for a p1sc. Maybe procharger can chime in with some pulley sizes and boost # at sea level. I run a 3.60 on mine.
I believe the stock stage 2 pulley is 4.75. So if you literally mean huge, then no it isn't. The crank pulley has an adapter on it so it allows the use of larger pulleys on the blower while still having a higher boost than the HO kit.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea but he has a stage 2 p1sc not the d1sc.I could be wrong but that dont sound right.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Stage 2 P1sc is about 10psi. Not sure what the 4.38 pulley gives, it's rpm dependent but figure 12ish psi. So a sudden drop to 8psi in a log isn't right.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Stage 2 P1sc is about 10psi. Not sure what the 4.38 pulley gives, it's rpm dependent but figure 12ish psi. So a sudden drop to 8psi in a log isn't right.
Ok gotcha,yea something didnt sound right.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
What are you using to read boost?

The 3.60 pulley is for an HO kit(different belt drive) at 10psi.
Unless you have your inlet tube :)
I'm running the 3.6 and was at 9.8psi before adding your tube and now Im consistently at 11.1-11.3...:headbang:

OP...sounds like your belt is slipping... I would go down one belt size and tighten the hell out of it.

OP
OP
Zrmurcer

Zrmurcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I have a stage 2. It comes with the 4.75 pulley stock...I have an inlet tube and I dropped the pulley size down to 4.38. I ordered a smaller belt this morning....im gonna go back and triple check all of these shitty hose clamps that the procharger comes with and just make sure im not getting any leakage from them again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zrmurcer

Zrmurcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I believe the stock stage 2 pulley is 4.75. So if you literally mean huge, then no it isn't. The crank pulley has an adapter on it so it allows the use of larger pulleys on the blower while still having a higher boost than the HO kit.
thats correct...I pulleyed down to get 12 psi.... I think the belt is my primary issue.. Got another belt on the way this morning!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Either you have a gauge error, and something thats causing it to not understand pressure. Thats my guess.

Cause if your belt is slipping, it doesn't "fix itself" and get better.

But then again, if you have belt slip.
You might be the ONLY person on here with that issue.

That tensioner is rockstar when used correctly, and powers 8 second cars!

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
If its belt slip you should be able to see some residue somewhere, my car on the HO system showed it on the hood liner. As Procharger said, that usually does not fix it self, once it slips it usually tends to keep doing it more and more.

4psi is a noticeable difference, what does you butt dyno feel?

OP
OP
Zrmurcer

Zrmurcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
If its belt slip you should be able to see some residue somewhere, my car on the HO system showed it on the hood liner. As Procharger said, that usually does not fix it self, once it slips it usually tends to keep doing it more and more.

4psi is a noticeable difference, what does you butt dyno feel?
NIGHT AND DAY ONCE ITS LOSING THE BOOST
Sponsored