Sponsored

Flywheel bolt Help!!!

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
I'm upgrading my clutch to a Mcleod RST clutch this weekend.

When got the stock flywheel off we discovered that the stock flywheel bolts are about 3/4 of an inch too long. I also seems that the holes in the crankshaft are not through but are only 3/4 in deep.

Everywhere I ask, including where I bought the clutch from, say the factory bolts should fit. They clearly don't. The manufacture date for the car is 10/14. Is it possible I have some bastard engine?

At the moment I'm stuck halfway through the job.

Please help!
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
My rst went in no problem.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
When i did my clutch i was lucky i did the flywheel because the bolts were a different size and my stock clutch had a 9 bolt pressure plate and the new one had a 6 bolt pressure plate.I know they did change the size of the bolts for the clutch,it went to a bigger 10mm bolt.They dont tell u that shit when u buy them.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Dont think i had any problems with the flywheel to crank bolts though.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Make sure they gave u the correct flywheel,its not the engine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grafanton

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Found a local auto parts store open on Sunday. The first thing the counter guy said when he saw the factory bolt was "wow, that's really long for flywheel bolt".

He did have a flywheel bolt that looks much more appropriate, but only had two of the six I needed. I'm closer but no where near the finish.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Make sure they gave u the correct flywheel,its not the engine.
So i bought the RXT from lethal do I need more other parts besides the clutch kit and flywheel? should I get the pilot bearing, clutch line, and arp flywheel bolts as well?

Thanks

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
So i bought the RXT from lethal do I need more other parts besides the clutch kit and flywheel? should I get the pilot bearing, clutch line, and arp flywheel bolts as well?

Thanks
No bud,as long as u have the clutch and flywheel u are good.Replacing the clutch line does give u a better pedal,go with the steal line.If u have alot of miles on your car i would do the throwout bearing,but that depends on milage.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
No bud,as long as u have the clutch and flywheel u are good.Replacing the clutch line does give u a better pedal,go with the steal line.If u have alot of miles on your car i would do the throwout bearing,but that depends on milage.
Ok cool thanks for the heads up :cheers:

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT

Thanks
If it were me I would replace the throw out bearing and pilot bearing ($12) while your in there. Peace of mind and all new parts. I would hate to have to do it again.

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This! x2

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it were me I would replace the throw out bearing and pilot bearing ($12) while your in there. Peace of mind and all new parts. I would hate to have to do it again.
Are you saying the throw out bearing and pilot bearing are $12? If so please post links.

OP
OP
Grafanton

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
I replaced all the associated parts of the clutch including throwout bearing, hydraulic line and pilot bearing. These are not parts I want to have to replace again.

I'm also installing an MGW shifter and DSS Aluminum driveshaft. These are just bonus items since I'm already under the car.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Throwout bearing is $120 or so, pilot bearing is around $10.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Are you saying the throw out bearing and pilot bearing are $12? If so please post links.
Throw out bearing is $119 the pilot is $12. $18 for a high load. The $12 I quoted was for the pilot only. Should have clarified better.
Sponsored