zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I've had the whole OEM diff cooler setup installed in my tech car for about 4 months.

My car sat at the dealer for 2 months with a transmission issue, during which my car was damaged, so i've been really hesitant to put more effort into my car.

I think I've driven it once since i got it back because i dont want to even look at it.

I have the pin out for the pump and have made it fire/pump while up on jackstands, i just havent taken the time to do the wiring/relay work for a manual switch.

I'm not inclined to work out the full canbus/harness integration based on my perceived lack of additional value for the time spent.

The install is pretty easy. Aside from the mentioned bolt length for the front of the shield, everything installs pretty smoothly.
Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Subscribed. Will be retrofitting this to my GT.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Great information!!!

After trans cooler installed, will make this my next mod.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't understand the comment about the CANBUS not supporting it.

As long as the wiring harness exists and the wires run to the PCM, then it's all software from there.
Exactly. I think it was generalized explanation that was code for "the average Joe outside of Ford doesn't have the capability so I won't bother with the details."

Sponsored

OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
Thanks for the part number for the harness!
Apparently, that number has been superseded, but the parts guy knew what to do.

$86 with tax

Got one on order, but is special order, no refunds, etc. etc.
I hope it works.

Thanks again,
Kirby

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17

$86 with tax

I hope it works.

Thanks again,
Kirby
Now all you need is to figure out where it plugs in.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

$86 with tax

I hope it works.

Thanks again,
Kirby
Could you please post the new part number?

OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
Could you please post the new part number?
Yes, I can.

Old number as shown on the picture above: FR3V-14B102-AB
New number as shown on my invoice: FR3Z-14A411-F

Kirby

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the link. There doesn't appear to be any way to drill down to that from the Motorcraftservice.com main page. I wonder if there are other useful pages you have to know the URL to get to.
I'm a firmware programmer by trade, but with little Ford automotive knowledge :confused:

If you look through the wiring diagrams, you can see that the differential pump is controlled by the PCM. But you probably noticed in the Forscan pages (all 27 + billions), the settings we have been playing with for the transmission and dif displays are in the IPC. My guess would be there is still another setting to make in the PCM, to enable voltage control of the differential oil pump.

VINs are pretty easy to get to run through ASBUILT, but soon you end up with a four way comparison on 2016 track and tech cars, as well as 2017 with the electronic and convenience packages. Quite confusing.

Hopefully the connector is present on the 2016 tech package without replacing a chunk of wiring harness.

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
If you look through the wiring diagrams, you can see that the differential pump is controlled by the PCM. But you probably noticed in the Forscan pages (all 27 + billions), the settings we have been playing with for the transmission and dif displays are in the IPC. My guess would be there is still another setting to make in the PCM, to enable voltage control of the differential oil pump.

VINs are pretty easy to get to run through ASBUILT, but soon you end up with a four way comparison on 2016 track and tech cars, as well as 2017 with the electronic and convenience packages. Quite confusing.
Just as an FYI for you folks- I will, time permitting, compare the PCM as-built data for my Tech with the VIN [MENTION=18007]mattlqx[/MENTION] provided for the Track.

I'm hoping to keep it 'simple' and not get into the four way comparison as described above..

My goal will be to identify changes in addresses that might help pinpoint the fields where the differential data/controls are.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
You won't really need a four way comparison, but it will help you identify some mismatches you'll think are significant. It can get take a good eye, though - you'll find patterns like VIN being reprinted in multiple modules and throwing off your comparisons. Sometimes more data will help.

Good luck on the tests.

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I've had the whole OEM diff cooler setup installed in my tech car for about 4 months.

My car sat at the dealer for 2 months with a transmission issue, during which my car was damaged, so i've been really hesitant to put more effort into my car.

I think I've driven it once since i got it back because i dont want to even look at it.

I have the pin out for the pump and have made it fire/pump while up on jackstands, i just havent taken the time to do the wiring/relay work for a manual switch.

I'm not inclined to work out the full canbus/harness integration based on my perceived lack of additional value for the time spent.

The install is pretty easy. Aside from the mentioned bolt length for the front of the shield, everything installs pretty smoothly.
So you didn't have to pull the subframe cradle to get the all the diff bolts out?
Sponsored