Sponsored

I'm in love: Roush with X-pipe.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You can go even cheaper. Stainless steel universal X-Pipe, $29. Just take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld it on. :thumbsup:

Ebay
I would never buy anything like that. There's a reason they're so cheap; likely poorly engineered/built.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would never buy anything like that. There's a reason they're so cheap; likely poorly engineered/built.
I did a bunch of research on these. There's one that is well-made and looks to have superior flow characteristics to most of the other stamped ones.

Jones SXP4SS.
x_1.JPG
x_2.JPG

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What makes it cheap? It's hollow pipe.
See above. All in the engineering/flow. No it doesnt matter ALL that much but you dont want to start making it more restrictive than stock either.

The stamped ones are usually just willy nilly laid out and stamped with no flow R&D or anything done. That's why they're $20.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
See above. All in the engineering/flow. No it doesnt matter ALL that much but you dont want to start making it more restrictive than stock either.

The stamped ones are usually just willy nilly laid out and stamped with no flow R&D or anything done. That's why they're $20.
I'll have to find this magazine article. They took a built fox body, 5.0L 302ci, and dyno tested 6 x-pipes, h-pipe, and no crossover on the same vehicle, same dyno, same day. One of the x-pipes was a universal no name. Out of all 6 x-pipes, there was at most only a 2-3HP variance throughout the entire power-band between all 6, which was within the margin of error.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'll have to find this magazine article. They took a built fox body, 5.0L 302ci, and dyno tested 6 x-pipes, h-pipe, and no crossover on the same vehicle, same dyno, same day. One of the x-pipes was a universal no name. Out of all 6 x-pipes, there was at most only a 2-3HP variance throughout the entire power-band between all 6, which was within the margin of error.
Not saying one NEEDS to avoid them; they have their place. Further, those stamped require an exhaust shop to modify instead of cutting out the resonator and clamping in at home; they're obviously much smaller than the stock resonator cut out and you need to extend the midpipes.

So once you spend $20 and then $50 minimum at the exhaust shop, the $80 cut and clamp in is the same overall cost really.:shrug:

And of course mixing of the gasses differently changes sound/tone, which is why most people do a catback to begin with. The prefab ones are pretty consistent in sound so if you heard it on youtube in a video its going to sound the same when you buy one.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I want this, but I can't imagine being louder on cold start than the AB and stock resonator.
i set off old car alarms with mine. def wouldnt do that with the stock resonator on. you may not be able to imagine it but it is truly much louder

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
Just added an H-pipe to my Roush. It is amazing. Wish I would've done it sooner.

Cold starts in the garage are pretty nuts, but after it settles down, it's awesome.

pb29590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiun PP
Definitely one of the best sounding combos available. We ran the same setup on our blue car. Here's the video.

For those interested we also have an awesome combo package for the Roush axleback and our X or H pipe resonator delete. Link is below. If you have any other questions or need help ordering give us a shout.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...al-resonator-delete-with-roush-axle-back.html

Thanks, Jared
It sounds amazing. One question for you. How did you manage to do that with no wheel hop? Not to hijack your thread. I have Roush axle backs and they sound amazing but I have been somewhat fearful of adding an X pipe or H pipe due to the cold starts in the morning and my neighbors hating me.

Sponsored

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
It sounds amazing. One question for you. How did you manage to do that with no wheel hop? Not to hijack your thread. I have Roush axle backs and they sound amazing but I have been somewhat fearful of adding an X pipe or H pipe due to the cold starts in the morning and my neighbors hating me.
It sounds amazing with an X pipe or H pipe, either one will definitely increase the volume. So far I haven't had any complaints at all with the Roush AB and X Pipe but that might be because my neighbors are cool with it, your results may vary (might not be a good idea to have that setup if you leave in the middle of the night). Cold starts are extremely loud and if you start it in a parking garage, it's like ear rape lol.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Have had an H-pipe with mine for a few months. Have people rolling down windows to hear it and get told all the time how loud it sounds but it doesn't even sound that loud to me anymore. Already craving more :crazy:

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Have had an H-pipe with mine for a few months. Have people rolling down windows to hear it and get told all the time how loud it sounds but it doesn't even sound that loud to me anymore. Already craving more :crazy:
This. Exactly this.

I have the H-pipe and the Roush Axlebacks for a while now, and I'm considering throwing headers on it because I want it juuuust a bit louder haha

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
This. Exactly this.

I have the H-pipe and the Roush Axlebacks for a while now, and I'm considering throwing headers on it because I want it juuuust a bit louder haha
Probably doesn't help I'm around my buddy with a straight piped Z06 with headers so mine is def not loud in comparison haha.

The videos I've seen with headers and our setup is pretty obnoxious though. Think a resonator might be necessary otherwise it just sounds distorted and wouldn't want my neighbors to hate my guts.... if they don't already :D

Jrod22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
So I'm taking my roush and h pipe setup to get put on at a shop later this week. My question is how is everyone getting it done. Is it better to get everything welded together or is it okay just to clamp everything?
Sponsored