Sponsored

I'm in love: Roush with X-pipe.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
When I get some time I'll write a review. Between the Borla s-type vs Roush. I had H pipe for both. Just got the Roush on last night. cold start and idle volume level is about the same. But man just the Roush have a nicer deeper tone. On the highway there's zero drone. Shit you can barely hear it between 60 to 75 in 6th gear. The Borla was louder in that same zone. When you hit the gas hard is when you hear the big difference in sound level. The setup just screams. Get the hell out of my way! I'll drive it around this week more and then do a review
Sponsored

OP
OP
Normus Girth

Normus Girth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Wow, that does sound amazing. Two questions tho:

1) How have your neighbors not called the cops yet?

2) While I really love how that combo sounds, it's just too loud for me. I need something a bit quieter (with no drone obviously). I already have your resonator delete H-pipe but am otherwise stock. Are there any other suggestions for AB's that might give me a nice deep rumble similar to your vid but just ...quieter?
Not gonna lie, cold starts in my garage are loud and gnarly. Cold starts outside are also loud. But i avent had one complaint. In fact Ive had so many people both at my complex and exp on the road honk, hang out the window and such talking about how great it sounded.

Also no drone at all. Sounds great with X-pipe and sound sound equally great with H pipe.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
So no drone with either the x or h pipe ?

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Definitely one of the best sounding combos available. We ran the same setup on our blue car. Here's the video.

For those interested we also have an awesome combo package for the Roush axleback and our X or H pipe resonator delete. Link is below. If you have any other questions or need help ordering give us a shout.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...al-resonator-delete-with-roush-axle-back.html

resdel_roush_1.jpg

Thanks, Jared
With your kit, can you hear it in the cabin, like a nice drone. I would still like to hear a nice sound with the windows up. My guess is yes... Also does the kit still fit the 2016 GT's also?

Sponsored

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
I have the Roush Axle back & FMS x-pipe on my car. I absolutely love the sound . It sounds like its got balls now and no drone. Defiantly gets attention , sounds like a Ferrari / Mustang crossbreed.

rm2092

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Did not want the rasp so I went with a H-pipe myself, LOVE IT !!!!!!!

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I am running the Roush quads with H pipe. It definitely is louder at cold start, but not so much that my neighbors bring their dogs over to poo in my yard. I love that it is deep and mellow when keeping my foot out of it, yet absolutely screams when on it. I didn't realize how much of a beast it sounds like until the first time I went under an overpass with the windows down while on the gas.
Wondering if you heard the roush ab with the stock resonator? Im wondering how it compares with the quad roush with the muffler set to quiet w/hpipe vs roush ab and stock resonator?

BskooL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Will any x-pipe do? I mean on CJPP I see the Ford Performance X-Pipe for $239 and then I see the Aluminized Steel Res Delete for $83. is that price difference really just in the steel that they use (Stainless vs. Aluminized). They will both flow and sound the same, correct?

BskooL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Definitely one of the best sounding combos available. We ran the same setup on our blue car. Here's the video.

For those interested we also have an awesome combo package for the Roush axleback and our X or H pipe resonator delete. Link is below. If you have any other questions or need help ordering give us a shout.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...al-resonator-delete-with-roush-axle-back.html

resdel_roush_1.jpg

Thanks, Jared
I went to the website, will this setup still work on the 2017's or is another kit coming out?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the website, will this setup still work on the 2017's or is another kit coming out?
There's no hardware differences between the 15-17 cars. I would not expect much, if any change to the exhaust position, hanger locations or clearances for 2018+, either.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Same here with an H pipe. Such a great sound, I'm sure my apt neighbors love me in the morning. :shrug:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Will any x-pipe do? I mean on CJPP I see the Ford Performance X-Pipe for $239 and then I see the Aluminized Steel Res Delete for $83. is that price difference really just in the steel that they use (Stainless vs. Aluminized). They will both flow and sound the same, correct?
In Florida it wont really make a difference. Up north I would say no aluminized as it will rust way faster, but no snow/salt in FL to worry about.

People say oh stainless is better, sure if you're planning to keep the car 10, 15, 20 years, or it's a show car (stainless looks better), yes it is regardless of where you live. For most people who get a new car every 5 years or so it wont matter as long as you dont live somewhere where they salt the roads (it corrodes aluminized way faster).

$80-100 is about right. $225+ for an X/H is nuts IMO.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Same here with an H pipe. Such a great sound, I'm sure my apt neighbors love me in the morning. :shrug:
Same, I think they use me as an alarm on the early mornings when I leave at 5am. O well. :paddle:

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You can go even cheaper. Stainless steel universal X-Pipe, $29. Just take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld it on. :thumbsup:

Ebay
Sponsored