Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Clutch Spring Assist 35 lb/in - Now Available!

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
I have this spring on my car and love it. I was a little worried about it making the clutch a little too heavy for a DD car, but its really not that much heavier, but the feel is amazing. It is so much easier to feel when the clutch is engaging, especially in stop and go traffic going to/from work.

Thanks Steeda!
Awesome, I still need to install mine. I bought some locking needle nose but afraid I might break the pieces inside the spring part....
Sponsored

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
Install

Awesome, I still need to install mine. I bought some locking needle nose but afraid I might break the pieces inside the spring part....
Honestly the hardest part was getting my body down into the foot well area. I moved my seat all the way back, bring a small bright light with you (you would be amazed how dark it can be even during the day). If you have a light that has a magnetic side that would be really good to slap it on something so you don't have to hold it, or use a headlamp.

When you grab the stock spring, make sure you get a solid bite and not just on the tips of the vise grips so it doesn't slip out. You will need a little elbow grease but it shouldn't be too bad if you compress the spring enough.

I did chip the very edge of my spring carrier but that was my fault being impatient. It wasn't enough of a chip for it to matter though.

New spring is soft enough to just use your hands to get it into place.

When I first tested the clutch after I actually thought I might not of had the spring seated correctly because it wasn't as heavy as I was expecting LOL...its all good though, great for a DD and get a better clutch feeling.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great product for the cost - definitely can see the results with such a small investment.

Happy to help anyone that may be interested!

TJ

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Anyone else having an issue with the clutch pedal returning?

The clutch seems to be fully engaged, but every now and then I notice my foot comes off of the pedal early and I have to stick my toe behind the pedal and pull it out just a little bit more.

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP

The clutch seems to be fully engaged, but every now and then I notice my foot comes off of the pedal early and I have to stick my toe behind the pedal and pull it out just a little bit more.
My car seemed to be doing this the first day, but I played around with revving the car in neutral with the clutch in and out, didn't feel any vibrations or chatter so I assumed it wasn't dragging or engaging. I just left it alone and I don't even notice that anymore.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

This is with the Steeda spring? ... or no spring at all?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
My pedal feels as if there is no resistance for about a half inch first initial push. I'll have to pay attention to any non return. I know when i switch back to stock there is resistance from the very beginning. Wish there was a 60 lb spring.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
This spring definitely improves clutch feel a lot, though I found it pretty much the same as no spring at all. But all and sundry say the clutch will be trashed with no spring, so I run this spring. For the cost it's a no-brainer.

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
I think I may throw the old one back in. I felt no difference after I put the new spring in.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I think I may throw the old one back in. I felt no difference after I put the new spring in.
If you feel no difference then just leave the new spring in. Getting the stock spring back in will be somewhat challenging ... don't lose a finger. :)

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I put the stock back in without any tools. Maybe my throw is longer idk. Waiting for my 60lb spring to be delivered.