Sponsored

What can Livernois Motorsports do for you?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Your question is as absurd and irrelevant as asking you to prove to me how many coyotes they tuned, and how many of them are still on the road today.

I posted valid feedback, that many agree with. If you're gonna attack every single post that's not praising Livernois and worshipping their feet, I'll gladly bow out of the conversation and you two can have an amazing circle jerk all by yourselves.
Absurd and Irrevelant??? Your worried about your engine being tuned without datalogging blowing your engine up or causing some kind of malfunction?? I asked you for proof yet you still failed to deliver.

I'm not attacking every single post. All I'm asking you is to prove Livernois tuning isn't as good as your tune with a datalog and you can't.
Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dam man you want a snickers lol

. The simple fact you need a data log to "prove " you're cars tune is ok is just funny. So basically your saying the tunes you get from a tuner that can data log are crap until you get it logged and they "change" the tune to be perfect to your car. How do you know they even change anything in your tune lol? Maybe turn down some timing or do nothing and tell you your good. Have fun wasting time data logging if your enjoy it have fun bra. I am happy for you.

If you got the time Read a bunch of the threads on this site about data logs and the majority of the people say they sent it to the tuner and the tuner emails back saying looks good nothing to change. But man it feels good to have that email saying your good!!!!
By looking at the log and actually knowing what I'm looking at.
The same way 95% of all custom ecu tuning is done for the past 20+ years.
Not just trusting what the tuner tells you, or just doing nothing and trusting that everything is good. Which is literally what you're suggesting.

If you can't comprehend how absurd that is, well then...
So are you saying it's not safe to go over 4,000 rpms in these cars unless you are running E85? :confused: lol
I'm saying that in my car, in my area, using the local area's fuel, that's exactly what happened.

Which is precisely why logging and tune revisions are often so important. Which is my WHOLE POINT in this thread. What works for you may not work the same for me. Even two identical cars can run differently depending on a whole plethora of variables.

Does that make sense?
Absurd and Irrevelant??? Your worried about your engine being tuned without datalogging blowing your engine up or causing some kind of malfunction?? I asked you for proof yet you still failed to deliver.

I'm not attacking every single post. All I'm asking you is to prove Livernois tuning isn't as good as your tune with a datalog and you can't.
Is the art of reading comprehension lost these days?
I didn't say good or bad with regards to different tunes.
I said that many (most?) tunes require datalogging and/or revisions.
For precisely the reasons I already explained at length.

I tune other cars/platforms on a regular basis. I know how tuning works. I won't go into explaining any further because this is obviously a troll-fest of fanboys who just blindly want to bash any constructive criticism and embrace willful ignorance. It's idiocracy.

I don't think it's safe for him to go over 4k under any circumstances. Maybe if he's wearing his special helmet and datalogging an exception can be made.
Alright, this is getting downright childish.

Enjoy the circle jerk gentlemen, I'm out.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
By looking at the log and actually knowing what I'm looking at.
The same way 95% of all custom ecu tuning is done for the past 20+ years.
Not just trusting what the tuner tells you, or just doing nothing and trusting that everything is good. Which is literally what you're suggesting.

If you can't comprehend how absurd that is, well then...

I'm saying that in my car, in my area, using the local area's fuel, that's exactly what happened.

Which is precisely why logging and tune revisions are often so important. Which is my WHOLE POINT in this thread. What works for you may not work the same for me. Even two identical cars can run differently depending on a whole plethora of variables.

Does that make sense?

Is the art of reading comprehension lost these days?
I didn't say good or bad with regards to different tunes.
I said that many (most?) tunes require datalogging and/or revisions.
For precisely the reasons I already explained at length.

I tune other cars/platforms on a regular basis. I know how tuning works. I won't go into explaining any further because this is obviously a troll-fest of fanboys who just blindly want to bash any constructive criticism and embrace willful ignorance. It's idiocracy.

Alright, this is getting downright childish.

Enjoy the circle jerk gentlemen, I'm out.
You probably aren't going in to explaining any further becuse you have no idea what you are trying to explain.

Enough with the "reading and comprehension" Bullshit. Your sentence structure looks like your in grade 5.

Also if your such a good tuner you should have been able to figure out your gas / pinging issue by reading through all your datalogs which you claim to be such a master a reading and understanding.

Also you claim to tune other platforms. Your such a master why leave it up so someone else, why not tune yourself?? I bet you couldn't tune the idle on your lawn mower, which btw you'll have to do without datalogs.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
:popcorn: I'm gonna just watch from Now on. People are just funny. Data logging is use full but not needed 99% of the time. Sometimes yes it is. But not to the extent people think. All cars are different but so minuscule when the tune is done correctly. Hence way most cars that do send in data logs in to a tuner. Nothing is changed.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
:popcorn: I'm gonna just watch from Now on. People are just funny. Data logging is use full but not needed 99% of the time. Sometimes yes it is. But not to the extent people think
Ditto. Got any more of that popcorn?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I can't add anything to this tuning debate because I don't know sh*t about tuning these things and won't ever pretend to. But, I almost sent my car to Livernois to get the Magnuson SC like Navy Chief did. They got back to me with info when I asked questions, gave me a quote on the whole package pretty much when they said they would, and explained the whole process. In the end, I decided on a local performance shop that deals primarily in Mustangs to do the SC install and tune because I can physically go right to them within an hour if there is an issue with anything. If I was close by to Livernois, my SC install would've been done by them. So for me it was a local thing, and nothing against Livernois.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Ok, how many of us knew this was going to end up this way?

Although I love my Livernois tune, 18PSI brings up a very valid point that is being missed here ... and that's that HIS bad gas is not available in Michigan where the in-house tuning is being done. SOOO that means he feels much more comfortable logging/monitoring his car and frankly I'd feel the same way if I was him.

I've got great gas here (93 and 94) so have no concern that way but I'd still like to datalog and monitor now and then to see if anything looks amiss so I ended up buying a quality WiFi OBD connector and the Dash Command app ... still need to test it but that was an extra $100 for me.

In the end, yes the absence of those features is keeping a few sales away from Livernois and you know what they say "the customer is always right, even when he's wrong" ... and I'm not saying he's wrong in this case.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
They always end up like this. This thread happen all the time about Livernois not having data logging on their device. But there is not one thread about someone having issues with a Livernois tune. Just funny that they post over and over again you should do this Livernois. Looks like they are not having issues with out the data logging so why changed what works. They obviously are not hurting as a company with out the data logging. Now if you want that they can but yes you need another device if you don't like it go somewhere else. I just don't get the smack talking of their device and tunes since they don't data log on the device.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The circlejerk in here is strong. I am not sure what the issue is. I've been lingering around the Mustang communities since 2003 and Livernois is been around for quite some times and I have never come across people complaining about them for ridiculous "WHAT-IFS" unlike this board. Unless you've actually had some sort of issues dealing with them I don't even think you should be on this thread posting defaming statements. Just because they don't follow the standards of another business does not make them incorrect or a bad business. Everyone uses their own techniques and processes to do things. As long as they are making customers happy, who cares?

And just to note, I have not spent a single penny with them I am just constantly seeing people jumping into NUMEROUS threads to try and throw a jab at them.

Sponsored

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
There's a reason you don't see the other big name calibrators openly post on forums these days about tuning.....This thread is an exact example.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I mean really people. They literally asked for it, and appreciate it. What I don't understand is the people gathering torches and pitchforks against the people who provided the feedback Livernois asked for...

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Guys, Can't we all just get along?!!?!? But seriously, we didn't intend for THIS to happen. But we understand everyone's views on the situation. SO, lets talk about something else, namely regarding a popular sale from a few weeks back...

Our Severe Windstorm Bundle is back by popular demand for the 2 day price of $950.00 shipped!!! This is an offer open only to MUSTANG6G forum members, this can only be placed by order and we need your forum member name as the verification. Think of it as your own personal coupon code.

313-561-5500 ext 102 or drop a PM and I can call you!
ex_q90_w680_h_images_ePIM_original_P04_LPP663140_main.jpg

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Calibration is supposed to get me an answer soon!!!

[MENTION=11090]Livernois Motorsports[/MENTION] Any update from your guys on getting a GT350 intake manifold tune?
Sponsored