Sponsored

Timing rebates/incentives accurately?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Has anyone kept a running record of Ford's factory incentives on the current gen. Mustang over the past few years? Do they follow an identifiable pattern that makes them somewhat predictable?

I'm looking to buy sometimes between May and July. The three incentives/rebates I don't think will go away will be 1) owner loyalty, 2) First Responder bonus, and 3) private cash (brochure coopin). That right there is $2k.

I think the main challenge is going to be timing...

1) the exact car I want being in stock or delivered (and qualifying for all the incentives)
2) ordering the brochure(s) that lead to a private cash coupon
3) buying before the expiration of the private cash coupon
4) getting decent incentives on top of the others (currently it's $2k back which expires in 4 days on 2/28/17).

Was anyone similar in their desire to plan and time it right? How'd you do it?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thought the 2k was good until 4/3

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thought the 2k was good until 4/3
I could be mistaken but the $2k is good until 2/28 and then the $500 mil/FR bonus was the one good until April.

-Emt1581

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
When i look under incentives it says April ? Just need to know my car comes mar 27 lol I get the Leo one and hoping for the 2k lol

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When i look under incentives it says April ? Just need to know my car comes mar 27 lol I get the Leo one and hoping for the 2k lol
It won't let me copy and paste the text but the disclaimer under the $2k + $750 incentive does indeed say you need to take delivery by 2/28/17.

At the same time on March 1st they'll probably have another one to replace it.

-Emt1581

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Sorry but there is NO pattern. I know you want to wait to buy and I know you want the coupons/incentives--but you are ummm.... how do i say this and not insult-which I do not want to do... you are living in the world of wishful thinking.

I've bought 9 NEW Mustangs from Ford since 1999 (99 Limited Edition to the 2015 Limited Edition-and every unusual Mustang in between except for the GT350 (CA dealers are $$ nuts)). There is NO rhyme or reason to incentives except one--current local market conditions.

Yes, the military incentive is politically correct and is always there. FORD NEVER announces future incentives (NO dealer knows) even a day early. Incentives are based upon inventory and are usually REGIONALLY based...they want to get rid of x cars from a certain part of the country. I'm sorry but the Ford Loyalty Program is NOT one of the always on incentives. Your assumption that it will be available next summer is just a hope not based upon any form of reality.

Your raising a family, $2k is important to you--I fully understand and appreciate that fact but if you want the $2k guaranteed--get a part time night job at McD's for the next 5 months.

The brochure incentives are the same way. I've been able to use only ONE since 1999. For every 10 brochures I've ordered maybe 1 will have the $750 incentive--I'm in California so even in winter months Mustangs sell thus Ford is more tight fisted as to giving them out. Your Ford region can and will be different.

Right now the only 'incentive' for Ford to give out summer incentives will be the Job 1 date of the 2018MY and 2017MY inventory when the 2018's ship (otherwise winter incentives are always the best - Dec-Feb).

Job 1 for the 18s will control your future incentives. And NO ONE knows the 2018MY Job 1 date (dealers don't know so any dealer telling you X date right now is lying to you). 5 0 Brian will advise/post once Job 1 is confirmed but his experience is 'telling' him not until the fall. Meaning Ford plans on getting through the summer with 17's and may let inventory shrink naturally (aka fewer needs for incentives until the fall).

Sorry this is not what you want to hear....

Last edited:

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
i dont for see the big rebates going away. rebates are going to push buyers to buy a 17 my guess is the 2k sticks around

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
2,000 Cash to Customer Valid: 02/03/2017 - 04/03/2017

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2,000 Cash to Customer Valid: 02/03/2017 - 04/03/2017
I think I know what might be happening...I typed in my zip. I'm still seeing the same 02/28/17 expiration. Maybe it's regional??

I would hope it is good until April because I did a calculation of the money I've saved up and I'm essentially good to go any time now!! :)

-Emt1581

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Maybe it's regional??

-Emt1581
Unless it involves a National Sales Campaign Incentives are ALWAYS Regional.

Your zip code determines - even if you buy in another region YOUR zip code will control (unless you find a dealer willing to fake something and you pay cash to hide your true address)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless it involves a National Sales Campaign Incentives are ALWAYS Regional.

Your zip code determines - even if you buy in another region YOUR zip code will control (unless you find a dealer willing to fake something and you pay cash to hide your true address)
That's what I was thinking. If I had a private cash coopin in hand today, I'd get $4k off!!!

I hope the deals stay the same or get better. I did see an old customer loyalty ad for $1k...not sure when it was from though. As the 18's get more attention, I can't imagine the 0% interest ads and other incentives won't start.

-Emt1581

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Historically any deals for Memorial Day weekend? Ordered a 17, and should be here by mid May.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Historically any deals for Memorial Day weekend? Ordered a 17, and should be here by mid May.
They almost always do 0% for Memorial Day.

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
I was just told by a GA dealer that 7k off MSRP is not a problem as long as it's inventory on the lot. This could be dealer specific due to inventory and other factors but it's still a decent bench mark when negotiating. Ford is also giving you 0.0% financing and letting you keep at least $2,500 in rebates which was not the case last month.
In general 15% off sticker is a good deal.
I have never used "incentives" to buy a car. The "hot" cars rarely have incentives especially if it's a new model year and there is high demand and low availability. If you are ordering a car then the incentives or x-plan may be your best bet.
Sponsored