Sponsored

Another engine oil thread ... What do you use?

Which brand of engine oil do you use?

• Total voters

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I've researched this subject and have come to the conclusion that Pennzoil "made from natural gas" 5w30 8qts. with a 1/2 qt. Lucas oil stabilizer is the best route for my wallet. I use the Ford "Racing" oil filter for the increased capacity and "bypass feature". Upon my last change the 8 qts. wasn't full so I added Lucas to top it off. Works for me, I did the research. Best bang for the buck!

I was with ya till the Lucas....
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
For a turbocharged engine, I look for an oil that meets HT-06 as well as Ford's specs.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Amsoil SS 5-20 here with their filter too. Used to be a Mobil 1 guy, but since they changed to not true full synthetic no more for me. First change at 1,185 miles second at 6,000 miles (5,000 on the oil). Blackstone UOA said stick with 5,000 mile interval as it showed the engine is not finished breaking in yet. The attached shows results from both.

View attachment 16 GT-CS-170205.pdf

Last edited:

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Royal purple 5w-20 HPS. FTW I even posted UOA from black stone on another thread. Good stuff only thing in all my cars and rv with a 6.8 v10 that waas using 1 qt every 2k when bought used at 24k not has 36 k and don't burn oil anymore.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I'll be using Quaker State Ultimate Durability.

Best oil according to this test:
https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/
Yup that's what I've using as a definitive and objective guide, review and oil Durability test. Very hard to find good honest oil data from some one who has no irons in the fire so to speak. Any study, test or even some oil forums that are either solely conduct by oil companies or their money and support and or advertising will corrupt the data and truth. The only other source of oil information is user recommendations which are highly biased and not based on fact. People will support an oil based on there opinions and feeling saying things like "I've been running X brand and never had an issue" or " after using X brand the engine sounds soooo much smoother now" People's oil opinions are often clouded by pride,mans most would defend there brand X no matter what. Oil is like politics and religion, in that if you believe or have faith, than that all that matter to that person. Not trying to offend anyone here just stating that it's human nature to want to believe what you do or think is right because it's your choice. Sorry I got so deep, now you can refer to me as the oil Nazi:thumbsup:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Yup that's what I've using as a definitive and objective guide, review and oil Durability test. Very hard to find good honest oil data from some one who has no irons in the fire so to speak. Any study, test or even some oil forums that are either solely conduct by oil companies or their money and support and or advertising will corrupt the data and truth. The only other source of oil information is user recommendations which are highly biased and not based on fact. People will support an oil based on there opinions and feeling saying things like "I've been running X brand and never had an issue" or " after using X brand the engine sounds soooo much smoother now" People's oil opinions are often clouded by pride,mans most would defend there brand X no matter what. Oil is like politics and religion, in that if you believe or have faith, than that all that matter to that person. Not trying to offend anyone here just stating that it's human nature to want to believe what you do or think is right because it's your choice. Sorry I got so deep, now you can refer to me as the oil Nazi:thumbsup:
Yep! I agree. Nowhere else have I found a real test with actual data on different oils. For that reason I will listen to it.

I'm sure it's a little overkill comparing how many thousands of psi an oil can handle and whatnot, but I like overkill. I'd rather know I have the best, and that may equal out to be an extra 15hp in 100k miles from now, lol.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
My NDA has expired now but a few years ago I was in a meeting with Shell's lubricants division and the chemical engineers said they were confident they exceeded the performance benchmarks against every lubricants producer except for Mobile One.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I've researched this subject and have come to the conclusion that Pennzoil "made from natural gas" 5w30 8qts. with a 1/2 qt. Lucas oil stabilizer is the best route for my wallet. I use the Ford "Racing" oil filter for the increased capacity and "bypass feature". Upon my last change the 8 qts. wasn't full so I added Lucas to top it off. Works for me, I did the research. Best bang for the buck!
what is the part number on the filter?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0-20 full syn. Because of it's high psi shear rating protection from this independent testing source.

I'll be using Quaker State Ultimate Durability.

Best oil according to this test:

Read this long thread on BITOG about 540 Rat's wear scar testing methods. Lot's of guys over there think his test data isn't really very useful.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4336275/1

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Ive been using Pennz Platinum 5W-20 but ChinaMart was OOS this morning so Ill be using Castrol Edge today.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I use Royal Purple on my shitter. Usually 5w-30 for the colder months and 10w-30 for summer. I change my oil every ~5k miles.
Sponsored