Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx/2015-2016-ford-mustang-roush-hood-heat-extractors/

I haven't seen anyone with the painted version of the Roush heat extrators, so i figured i would place an order for the Ruby Red version and see how good it looks.

Really didn't want to do black as i don't have any other black accents on my car and don't really want any.

Pretty pumped as i have never liked how the fangs in the hood were raised up. :headbang:
I am interested in how they turn out. I was thinking about the gloss black versions on my car. I just don't think the unfinished black ones look good on the hood.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've got the Magnetic painted versions. They're off the car right now so I could open up the bottom & also the hood. I'll have pictures when the weather allows me to do the work.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I have a set of magnetic painted ones. The color match was really good. I eventually had them vinyl wrapped which was a bad idea. The wrap was too tight and it warped the parts and made them curl up. Maybe I'll get them redone and try it again.

OP
OP
bigjohns97

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I would love to see some pics of color matched roush hood vents, there are none out there on the internet and i was concerned with how they look.

But i ordered them anyway :0

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigjohns97

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
You guys with the painted ones already installed, what did you do about the underhood insulation covering up the vents?

Did you cut the insulation or just leave it uninstalled completely?

Any issues with Hood temps or added engine noise?
[MENTION=25734]Bob_Whit[/MENTION] [MENTION=7389]Rickycardo[/MENTION]

Daily driver here and worried about added NVM, not looking to drive a race car.

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
I really want to see what these look like in ruby red!!

OP
OP
bigjohns97

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I really want to see what these look like in ruby red!!
I can take pics today with them not installed, give me a couple of days on the install, was planning on possibly doing then this weekend.

But sometimes the time i think i have on the weekend i end up not having if you know what i mean.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well, my extractors are off the car. I noticed that the fronts were lifting above the hood recess, when I checked, it appears that the adhesive failed, so I removed them in case the breeze grabbed them on the highway & they blow off.

I contacted RPI & they forwarded pictures I sent to Roush. All I can do is wait now for any explanation.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Well, my extractors are off the car. I noticed that the fronts were lifting above the hood recess, when I checked, it appears that the adhesive failed, so I removed them in case the breeze grabbed them on the highway & they blow off.

I contacted RPI & they forwarded pictures I sent to Roush. All I can do is wait now for any explanation.
Interesting. Mine look the same. I suspected the vinyl wrap was too tight and pulled the front corners up. I have a set of non-painted Roush extractors that I installed over a year ago ant they still look fine. Perhaps it's the adhesive holding the painted part to the non painted bottoms. Maybe I should send pics to RPI too.

Sponsored

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I would send picks to RPI.

On mine, there's only a big glob of adhesive on the front corner but a little sliver of the bottom portion to attach to the top, that's the fail.

culater

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Mine aren't painted but the front of them comes up a bit. When they heat up either by the sun or just from the engine heat, they lay back down. The fitment isn't the best. There's a piece of 3M tape that is supposed to hold the front part of the extractor down but my car is coated so it will not stick. There's no chance of them coming off the car. They are screwed in place.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's a 2-piece assembly, the top could peel off. You would still have the bottom attached to the hood.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well, I've gotten the extractor problem fixed.

I took the extractors apart, cleaned all the adhesive off, sanded the contact areas & put them together with Goop for Auto use. Then I clamped them together at each attachment & left it that way for a couple of days before I removed the clamps. Put them on after allowing to set for about a week.

Here's how they look on the car now.
100_1585.jpg

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
I would love to see some pics of color matched roush hood vents, there are none out there on the internet and i was concerned with how they look.

But i ordered them anyway :0
sanded, primed, and painted myself.
Been on the car 2 years.

Plan on spending a good amount of time sanding, as they are textured.
20170722_192159_2.jpg
20170722_192622_2.jpg
Sponsored