Rear Brakes sticking?

yellow05gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic GT Premium
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. After sitting for a while, when i release the parking brake and back out of my garage, the rear brakes make a popping sound like they are getting unstuck. Anyone else have this noise after sitting overnight sometimes? Will try and get a video or sound clip soon.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Does this happen after you wash the car?
Usually after washing the car, the pads tend to stick to the rotors and handbrake makes it even worse.
Also unless you are on an incline, park with transmission in gear instead of using the handbrake.
But no, I parked my car in the garage over winter and they don't stick as long as they are dry and no handbrake.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Very common if any moisture gets on rotors (rain, sprinklers, washing car). The rotors are iron and rust easily which causes the pad to stick.

OP
OP

yellow05gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Does this happen after you wash the car?
Usually after washing the car, the pads tend to stick to the rotors and handbrake makes it even worse.
Also unless you are on an incline, park with transmission in gear instead of using the handbrake.
But no, I parked my car in the garage over winter and they don't stick as long as they are dry and no handbrake.
Don't notice it too much after washing. I'll wash it tomorrow and see if it happens as well. I usually park with it in gear and the parking brake up. Have done it this way for 18 plus years and never had an issue. It does snow here though and they salt the roads so that is kind of what i was thinking happened too. Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it.

OP
OP

yellow05gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Very common if any moisture gets on rotors (rain, sprinklers, washing car). The rotors are iron and rust easily which causes the pad to stick.
Thanks DR. I will try and see if it only happens after they get wet and it sits or if it happens no matter what. Thanks again! I appreciate it

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Happens to mine everytime I wash it or it rains.

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Even a damp garage can cause this as well.
Sponsored