Sponsored

GT 500 brakes

Strahtoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I was wondering cause i saw it somewhere but can't remember where, that someone did do a brake swap from their 4 piston to a 6 piston brembo brakes from a GT500. Since I'm pretty sure some of you guys are better knowledgeable on this. Has any of you guys tried it or heard of such a thing??
Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I was wondering cause i saw it somewhere but can't remember where, that someone did do a brake swap from their 4 piston to a 6 piston brembo brakes from a GT500. Since I'm pretty sure some of you guys are better knowledgeable on this. Has any of you guys tried it or heard of such a thing??
We offer a kit developed from our Customer where you upgrade the previous Generation Mustang (S197) to use the 15" Brembos from the 2015+ Mustang. The GT500 Calipers use a much smaller pad than the S550...and the calipers are more.

OP
OP

Strahtoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
We offer a kit developed from our Customer where you upgrade the previous Generation Mustang (S197) to use the 15" Brembos from the 2015+ Mustang. The GT500 Calipers use a much smaller pad than the S550...and the calipers are more.
But is there a way that you could technically use them? Or just not at all?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
There would be no valid reason to unless you had them lying around but performance wise they are less than what the S550 comes with. To buy the parts would be more than putting the current Brembo system on the car, but technically they should fit.
Sponsored