Sponsored

Steeda vertical link install issues

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Has anyone else had a huge issue aligning the bottom bolt on their vertical links? I get the bottom hole centerd as best as possible I slide the bolt through and it will not thread at all, just keeps turning and turning.. any advice?
Sponsored

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
This video had some tips on the lining up the bottom bolt (if you haven't seen it already).

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]J3p4WroSjAc[/MEDIA]"]

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'll admit, it's not as easy as the other vertical links I've had/installed. I had to use a crow bar to manipulate the lower mounting point out a little to get it lined up. These are very tight tolerance to ensure noise doesn't happen when installed right. You'll get it.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Give us a call tomorrow and ask for Mike D. if the other suggestions haven't worked above.

We will get you taken care of.

Best Regards,

TJ

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
My driver's side bolts went through and started easily. My passenger side bottom bolt just wanted to be a bast*rd to get threaded. I tried shifting things around, but it didn't seem to work. I finally took a hammer and gave the bolt a whack (not real hard), and it threaded perfectly.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
My driver's side bolts went through and started easily. My passenger side bottom bolt just wanted to be a bast*rd to get threaded. I tried shifting things around, but it didn't seem to work. I finally took a hammer and gave the bolt a whack (not real hard), and it threaded perfectly.
Gonna have to give that a try

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Gonna have to give that a try
I would place the car on jack stands. Once done, carefully place a floor jack under the lower control arm and slowly jack into position to start the Bolt.

Call and ask for me Mike D for further questions at 954-960-0774

OP
OP

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
I would place the car on jack stands. Once done, carefully place a floor jack under the lower control arm and slowly jack into position to start the Bolt.

Call and ask for me Mike D for further questions at 954-960-0774
Problem is if I do that the top bolt won't line up .. if I put the top bolt in first and do that then the bottom bolt won't line up lol

wait4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Problem is if I do that the top bolt won't line up .. if I put the top bolt in first and do that then the bottom bolt won't line up lol
I had that problem, for me it was to not tighten the lower bolt first, just have it in, and for the top, you have to push it towards the back end of your car to have it line up. Having a jack at the bottom to push it up and down while pushing the top to line up helped me and I got it installed in no time.

OP
OP

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Figured it out, greased the hell out of lower part of vertical link so it would move easier, then placed it in and got the top bolt in hand tight. The lower part I took a screwdriver and aligned the hole as center as possible pushed the bolt through and turned till it felt like it began to thread. Grabbed the hammer had to tap it a few times not too hard and then it threaded nicely! Just like [MENTION=25075]WhiteyDog[/MENTION] said . Took 15 mins to do both after i did it this way.. thanks guys

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Figured it out, greased the hell out of lower part of vertical link so it would move easier, then placed it in and got the top bolt in hand tight. The lower part I took a screwdriver and aligned the hole as center as possible pushed the bolt through and turned till it felt like it began to thread. Grabbed the hammer had to tap it a few times not too hard and then it threaded nicely! Just like [MENTION=25075]WhiteyDog[/MENTION] said . Took 15 mins to do both after i did it this way.. thanks guys
Good to hear that. If I remember correctly, I barely had my threads started on the top bolt as well. You took a little input from all who responded, it's all together, and now you're ready to buy more Steeda parts . :rolleyes:

OP
OP

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Good to hear that. If I remember correctly, I barely had my threads started on the top bolt as well. You took a little input from all who responded, it's all together, and now you're ready to buy more Steeda parts . :rolleyes:
Just installed steeda jacking rails before the vertical links and I love them! Next will be the clutch spring lol

Frrst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Forrest
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Old thread, I know, but since I just put these on yesterday and didn't see what eventually worked for me, figured I'd share.

What I did to finally get the bottom bolt to thread:
Get the top bolt hand tight, put a screwdriver or pry bar THROUGH the middle of the link, hang/pull down (hard), second person thread the bolt. No combo of jack, hammer, or any of the other solutions worked for me but this did. Second one went in in 5 minutes.
Sponsored