Sponsored

Scary 5.0, suspension wants the rear tires up front.

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I've had a ride in an s550 at these power levels once, and it was very hard to control. I'd find a drag strip and figure out how your car acts with the throttle pinned. Then spend some $$ on the suspension.
On a straight line it does just fine, the issue is doing the same while turning slightly (changing lanes).
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
On a straight line it does just fine, the issue is doing the same while turning slightly (changing lanes).
I gotta ask, how old are you? you dont seem real in touch with vehicle dynamics and how vehicles react to throttle inputs under certain conditions, and its compounded because you have a power adder :headbonk:

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Any future mistakes are on you, not the car.
Agree, That is the reason I am here seeking advise to fix this issue, including the nut. I am afraid the post came as reckless driving, I can assure you that was not the case. The highway was wide open and I was going around an insolent Camaro, which was put in its place.

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes, performance pack.

So far I have a Roush supercharger, AWE Exhaust (already ordered) and Eibach Sportlines. The tires are Nitto NT555 G2 on stock wheels.

OK, if you want to rebalance the car's performance envelope and stop scaring you, you'll need to upgrade the suspension and drivetrain. There are also better options for tires with better traction. Lastly as others have said you'll want wider tires as well.

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
get better tires and learn to drive the car, any tire youre fitting on the stock 9.5" wheel wont be big enough, you need a 305 or so with that power
I have read conflicting information on this. What I tend to believe in this case is that width will only make a difference on a VERY SOFT compound, which I am not using.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have read conflicting information on this. What I tend to believe in this case is that width will only make a big difference on VERY SOFT compound, which I am not using. But that is a whole other subject...

Please correct me if I am wrong.
The point is you need to use VERY SOFT compound tires, they'll grip better. And yes they'll also wear out quicker but that's the price of admission.

Wider tires put more rubber on the road provided you have the right sized rim for the tire.

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Agree, That is the reason I am here seeking advise to fix this issue, including the nut. I am afraid the post came as reckless driving, I can assure you that was not the case. The highway was wide open and I was going around an insolent Camaro, which was put in its place.
Well if it was a Camero, they deserved it. :ford:

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
The physics post number four. If the circumference of your tire stays the same then the length of the contact patch stays the same no matter how wide or thin the tire is.

Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Really? That's your response?

So, if I floor my car in 4th gear and the car responds poorly I'm a bad driver?
Yes thats my response, driving your car without understanding its limits is your fault.

If you dont understand that basic concept then please go join the Cars and Coffee hall of fame.

Too the OP: Even at stock power levels the back end is squirmy and not very confidence inspiring. Definitely need to do some upgrades to the suspension...until then ease up on the happy peddle. Safe driving

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
Maybe we all just back off the OP. He came looking for help and all he's getting is crap. EricSMG has always been reasonable, and seems like an experienced driver so maybe back off him too.

To the OP: The ride I mentioned was in a 720 wHp 2015 GT PP, with Eibach pro-lines and I think that was it. However it was driven by a world class drag racer (I'm pretty sure he won a world championship). 4th gear was like driving on snow, sideways at 100mph! I've driven for many years, raced bikes, and normally run in the top 1/3 at any given HPDE. But I don't think I could have handled that car. So do whatever you can to improve your driving.

Does your car go sideways when you spin off the line? Does it always slide one way? Mods to make the car more stable seem like a good idea - a really good alignment is a good place to start, maybe your car is off. BMR's CB005, and high quality dampers will likely help. I'd also get wide sticky tires that have grip when they're cold. Nitto drag radials seem appropriate. (I read the Physics Forum but wasn't convinced.)

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'd also get wide sticky tires that have grip when they're cold. Nitto drag radials seem appropriate. (I read the Physics Forum but wasn't convinced.)
It wouldn't even have to be drag radials. The NT05 is one of a few good options.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
You can either upgrade your suspension and tighten things up or not floor it when you change lanes.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Yes thats my response, driving your car without understanding its limits is your fault.

If you dont understand that basic concept then please go join the Cars and Coffee hall of fame.

Too the OP: Even at stock power levels the back end is squirmy and not very confidence inspiring. Definitely need to do some upgrades to the suspension...until then ease up on the happy peddle. Safe driving
Okay, so OP reports a handling problem and that automatically makes him A) and bad driver and B) not aware of his car's limits?

A bit presumptuous (and arrogant), eh?

Then, in the same breath, you (and every other poster in this thread, including me) tell him to "fix the hardware".

So which is it - the driver or the car?

Going wide open on a public road with that much power is dumb.
Going wide open on a public road with 435hp is dumb and yet every single one of us does this.

Get off your high horse.

[/B][/I]I had a supercharged Fox Body back in the day that made over 500 to the wheels, it was much lighter than our cars now, and I dont think I need to say, the chassis and handling left much to be desired, somehow Im still alive and never crashed that car, which had no abs, stability control, or traction control to speak of, I knew what I could and couldnt do in that car, or else it would kill me, so yes, maybe you need to learn to drive the car!!!!
Right, exactly - you learned through experience what you could and could not do in that car. And, by pointing out the (obvious) fact that the Fox is a death trap on wheels doesn't automatically make you a bad/inexperienced driver. You're simply stating a fact that has nothing to do with your driving skill - the Fox is a scaring handling car no matter you're skill.
Sponsored

Last edited: