Sponsored

Scary 5.0, suspension wants the rear tires up front.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Floored in either 4th or 5th gear.

Tightening the nut behind the steering wheel would help most likely and installing the gas pedal mod. Those two will fix your issue. :cheers:
Sponsored

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Tightening the nut behind the steering wheel would help most likely and installing the gas pedal mod. Those two will fix your issue. :cheers:
Really? That's your response?

So, if I floor my car in 4th gear and the car responds poorly I'm a bad driver?

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
Floored in either 4th or 5th gear.
I've had a ride in an s550 at these power levels once, and it was very hard to control. I'd find a drag strip and figure out how your car acts with the throttle pinned. Then spend some $$ on the suspension.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I am not knocking the OP so please dont take it that way. The first thing anyone who wants a power adder should do is make sure the suspension and drivetrain can take their power goals before installing the power adder. You will be much happier with your investment if you do.....

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
So, if I floor my car in 4th gear and the car responds poorly I'm a bad driver?
Yes! If you ask the car to do something it is not able to do, then you are the problem. (Barring any mechanical problems that is)

Major horsepower requires self control and upgrades to other mechanical parts to handle the power.

Do you think racers just floor the car all the time?

Take a hi po drivers class if you haven't already.
I see this all the time in the motorcycle world. People stepping up to liter bikes and crashing on the way home from the dealer.

Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes! If you ask the car to do something it is not able to do, then you are the problem. (Barring any mechanical problems that is)

Major horsepower requires self control and upgrades to other mechanical parts to handle the power.

I see this all the time in the motorcycle world. People stepping up to liter bikes and crashing on the way home from the dealer.
This

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Wow all that power with stock suspension...your asking for it....

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe

Well, this response is much better now that you've qualified your statement. That said, there's a big difference between driver skill and dangerous handling. The OP could be a highly skilled driver and is simply noting a marked decrease in the car's stability at his elevated power levels. Pointing out undesirable handling traits doesn't automatically point to the driver - in fact, the better the driver the better he/she's able to pinpoint a car's shortcomings..... contrary to your insinuation.

Even at stock power levels this car's rear end has a mind of its own, so it's reasonable to assume (as we both are suggesting) that with increased power things will get worse. This is not a "driver" problem but a platform problem. Therefore, your first response of "fix the driver" does not apply here. Your second response of "fix the platform" seems far more applicable.

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Going wide open on a public road with that much power is dumb. Having that much power on a stock suspension is dangerous.

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
first and foremost, with that power, what rear tire are you running? unless it's a sticky tire, do you honestly expect any regular tire to deal with 650hp+ while changing lanes?????? so this quote here, the one you took offense to is 100% accurate

"Tightening the nut behind the steering wheel would help most likely and installing the gas pedal mod. Those two will fix your issue."

I had a supercharged Fox Body back in the day that made over 500 to the wheels, it was much lighter than our cars now, and I dont think I need to say, the chassis and handling left much to be desired, somehow Im still alive and never crashed that car, which had no abs, stability control, or traction control to speak of, I knew what I could and couldnt do in that car, or else it would kill me, so yes, maybe you need to learn to drive the car!!!!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
And also, how fast are we changing lanes here? And what speed exactly?

High speed, fast lane change maneuvers can get sketchy in any car, even if the suspension is well sorted, if you try to execute the change without giving the suspension time to settle between the two steering inputs a lane change requires.

At higher speeds, there is a lot of momentum involved. I see you have replaced the springs, but to control that heavy ass mustang body and get the car to settle quickly, you need dampers tuned to your new spring rates and possibly swaybars. The stock PP shocks are borderline under dampened for the stock springs.. Increasing the spring rates without addressing the dampers is a recipe for bounce and bad behavior. Oops. No, don't expect bushings, ball joints or subframe parts to do much to help high speed bad behavior. You need the bigger components like shocks and sways to do the big work and keep that body under control.

I scared the crap out of myself having to execute a last second emergency lane change in a previous car at high speed. Was the car set up well, you bet it was. Did the driver nearly get sideways at 100+ by asking the car to change directions faster than it could? You bet I did.

Full throttle 4th gear on a public road in traffic is not a good place to learn the car's limits. Glad you're ok, now you know your current suspension AND/OR driver aren't up to lane changes at that speed quite that quickly. Probably there is some work you can do to the suspension (ahem, shocks) to improve the cars ability to transition in a controlled fashion, but consider the driver has now been warned. Any future mistakes are on you, not the car.

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Can you list all your mods?

Is your car a Performance Pack model?

Are you still on stock tires?
Yes, performance pack.

So far I have a Roush supercharger, Magnaflow Street (Just sold here and AWE SwitchPath Exhaust already ordered) and Eibach Sportlines. The tires are Nitto NT555 G2 rears on stock wheels. I will get the PP style wheels 20x10 from AM with Nitto NT555R for the rear and move the 19x9.5 Nitto NT555 G2 I have on the rear to the front.

Last edited:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
get better tires and learn to drive the car, any tire youre fitting on the stock 9.5" wheel wont be big enough, you need a 305 or so with that power
Sponsored