Sponsored

Feedback on packaging

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I'm not sure what the best way to share this feedback is. But, here goes. In the last 2 days I've received 2 packages from Steeda (IRS braces and jacking rails). Prior to that, my wife ordered me a set of springs before Christmas. Each time I've been extremely unimpressed with the packaging. Both boxes have large rips in them. The rips are big enough that you can see the actual items clearly. In the case of the jacking rails, there is a rip at each end of the box, where the unprotected rails ripped through (there's at least one small scrape on one of the rails, but I don't think it's anything to worry about). On the IRS braces, there are at two large rips, where you can clearly see that the flat metal parts of the braces ripped through. When my wife got the springs, the box was falling apart so bad that she couldn't even lift it up. As far as can tell, nothing is damaged. But, it's more than a little unnerving to have that experience with every package I received. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar experiences.
Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that you have had problems with shipping bud:(
Myself I have had two shipments from them, and no problem at all.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
My springs came in just fine with zero box issues.

Maybe you local connect is a tad rough on packages?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I'm not sure what the best way to share this feedback is. But, here goes. In the last 2 days I've received 2 packages from Steeda (IRS braces and jacking rails). Prior to that, my wife ordered me a set of springs before Christmas. Each time I've been extremely unimpressed with the packaging. Both boxes have large rips in them. The rips are big enough that you can see the actual items clearly. In the case of the jacking rails, there is a rip at each end of the box, where the unprotected rails ripped through (there's at least one small scrape on one of the rails, but I don't think it's anything to worry about). On the IRS braces, there are at two large rips, where you can clearly see that the flat metal parts of the braces ripped through. When my wife got the springs, the box was falling apart so bad that she couldn't even lift it up. As far as can tell, nothing is damaged. But, it's more than a little unnerving to have that experience with every package I received. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar experiences.
Sorry to hear that, I will report this to our shipping dept and Fedx.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. I've had several shipments from Steeda and all have arrived in excellent condition.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I appreciate it. Everything was OK once it was unpacked, so I was happy (especially once I installed it all). For the most part all that would be needed is some padding/wrapping on the big flat metal pieces like the ends of the jacking rails and the brackets on the sub frame braces. Those are the parts that tore through the boxes.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Found your problem, FedEx is honestly the worst shipping company around. They literally throw packages around until they get to your door step with no concern whatsoever. They are so well known for breaking stuff someone thought it would be funny to do this. http://imgur.com/gallery/Q2oQb

I have sent so many things back to Amazon because FedEx broke them that I had to call Amazon and bitch them out to stop using FedEx for my shipments. They looked up how many I sent back broken and were like "Yup, we see you are right, no more FedEx for you". After that I only recieved UPS shipments and have not had an issue since.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Found your problem, FedEx is honestly the worst shipping company around. They literally throw packages around until they get to your door step with no concern whatsoever. They are so well known for breaking stuff someone thought it would be funny to do this. http://imgur.com/gallery/Q2oQb

I have sent so many things back to Amazon because FedEx broke them that I had to call Amazon and bitch them out to stop using FedEx for my shipments. They looked up how many I sent back broken and were like "Yup, we see you are right, no more FedEx for you". After that I only recieved UPS shipments and have not had an issue since.
I absolutely agree. Every time, and I do mean EVERY TIME something comes from FedEx, the package is f*cked up. I avoid using them as much as I can, and calling them does no good. I can train chimps to do a better job than those f*ck ups.
Sponsored