Sponsored

does the perfromance pack come with Knuckle to Toe Link Bearing??

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone know if the performance pack option includes the ford racing knuckle to toe link bearing?
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
No.

Buy Toe Links, like our TR005....then take the bearings from your OE toe links, and press them into the knuckle.

This will get you a better toe link with more and easier adjustment, lock out the OE eccentric adjuster, and give you the bearings for the knuckle.

OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Are those the same bearings? I plan to buy your adjustable toe links and vertical links

Sally15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium MT-82 PP; black/black.
Last edited:

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
It does not have the bearing. It comes with a junk piece of rubber. Change it out ASAP.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Found this thread in pursuit of the same answer.

Wish ford provided what exactly comes with pp. Here is cjpp stating in the q&a that we do have the knuckle/toe bearing

www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-track-handling-pack-assembled-fastback-ecoboost-gt-2015-2017/p/MFR3AM8/e/toe b

I'll try my vin with ford parts microfiche, maybe that will help.
All GTs and the EB PP comes with the toe link with the bearing on the inner joint (identical to the one in the track handling pack). V6 and non-PP EB cars have a bushing there.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
That link didn't work for me but they must be referring to the other other end of the toe link. That is on the PP but the problem is that it connects to the hub through a piece of Crap rubber bushing with voids all over it. You will come to hate it during removal but I consider it a necessary mod. You can change it with the FRPP bearings or even better as Kelly stated get the BMR kit and then press out the bearing in the little black arm and then you will have two Free bearings to put in the knuckle.

Sally15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium MT-82 PP; black/black.
That link didn't work for me but they must be referring to the other other end of the toe link. That is on the PP but the problem is that it connects to the hub through a piece of Crap rubber bushing with voids all over it. You will come to hate it during removal but I consider it a necessary mod. You can change it with the FRPP bearings or even better as Kelly stated get the BMR kit and then press out the bearing in the little black arm and then you will have two Free bearings to put in the knuckle.
That link won't work, edited 2x and still no.

You answered my question by virtue of having lived the modification and owning a pp. I'll put that bmr toelink on my list and do as you and Kelly suggest for the knuckle bushing-to-bearing swap from the oem toe link's bearing. Thanks a ton for chiming in, the thread makes some sense now.

I'll update if I learn anything new.

OP
OP

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

This Is what I plan to do

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
My advice is to take the hub off (it is just a few bolts and very easy) and use a press when changing the bearings. It is not very fun fighting with it under the car.

Sponsored

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Where can I get just a pair of the bearings?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-knuckle-toe-link-bearing-1516.html

You can buy from them or get the part number and buy from Levittown Ford, whatever.

Personally, I'm never a fan of taking a bearing that has been seated/installed already, removing it, and then re-seating it in another place. Material is removed from the race and the casing of a bearing/bushing when they're seated and unseated. It makes me nervous to move a bearing that has already been installed elsewhere. I'm sure technically it is fine to do once but I won't.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Thanks wildcat^

Yes, I would buy new. Full Tilt racing has them as well, don't look like Ford parts.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The Ford Bearing is good (not pretty, but who cares). That's one reason Steeda didn't make their own - no point.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My advice is to take the hub off (it is just a few bolts and very easy) and use a press when changing the bearings. It is not very fun fighting with it under the car.
Experiencing that right now. Strike 2 on changing mine out today. Ball joint press didnt work, homemade press didnt work, mine are stuck. Gonna have to pull the spindle and press them out. Anybody have a part number for the axle end nut at the spindle so I can replace them when I pull it?
Sponsored