Sponsored

Opinion on what color to powder coat OEM wheels!

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in Oxford White
As the title states, I'm looking for opinions on what color to have my factory 20's powder coated. FYI- the roof and heat extractors are going to be wrapped gloss black, and I'm also thinking about adding some white tire lettering.

Thanks for any input!
1463167538.IMG_3456this.jpg
IMG_3459thiss.jpg
Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I've been wanting to powder coat or paint my GTPP wheels but I'm torn on colors as well. I thought about a matt bronze or silver. Since yours is white I would definitely go with a dark color. A dark gunmetal metallic would be could.

OP
OP
ghost5.0

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
If you were close, I would be interested swapping out my blackout package rims! I like the aluminum look myself....

Sponsored

OP
OP
ghost5.0

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the aluminum look for now but I just think it will look unfitting once I wrap my roof and heat extractors black and get the gloss black gt350 track pack spoiler installed. I think I narrowed it down to either bronze, gloss black, or a dark gunmetal. Waiting on a photoshop request to get a better idea..

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
My only qualm with the gloss black is they show dirt incredibly easily. Hence why I want to change mine.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I like the aluminum look for now but I just think it will look unfitting once I wrap my roof and heat extractors black and get the gloss black gt350 track pack spoiler installed. I think I narrowed it down to either bronze, gloss black, or a dark gunmetal. Waiting on a photoshop request to get a better idea..
I know you want to go with something different but those wheels look great the way they are (best looking S550 GT wheel IMOP) and l think they would still match well with the added black accents, they actually give the car some pop. Good luck with whatever you go with.:cheers:

OP
OP
ghost5.0

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you're right, Cascadia. Maybe I should just go ahead and wrap my roof and heat extractors and then decide if the wheel color should be changed. I'm most likely just going to end up getting new aftermarket wheels later down the road anyway.

I attempted to photoshop some bronze onto the wheels. At first I was really feeling it but it is a major change. I would go darker bronze than it appears in this photo.
1463191492.IMG_3476 (1)yeaa.jpg

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No doubt black rims on a the white mustang look good, I *almost* bought one with the black PP package. I like the look better than my race red with the black out package actually. In the end the deal took over (and I did not like the ride of the PP) and I wound up with the car I did. But those wheels are my nemesis to keep looking clean. Like have to be washed off every day. Maybe I'm too anal about it though.

OP
OP
ghost5.0

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like the look of the dark bronze! Just learned how hard it is to photoshop black wheels.... but man oh man do I like this look. Just don't know if it's worth having to wash 24/7. I would have the pony emblems painted white to match the body. IF I were to go black, what would be best? Satin? gloss? matte? very dark gunmetal?
1463193166.IMG_3480bsckabsikcbs.jpg

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Satin. That way you will not be bummed trying to keep the gloss.....glossy.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I really like the look of the dark bronze! Just learned how hard it is to photoshop black wheels.... but man oh man do I like this look. Just don't know if it's worth having to wash 24/7. I would have the pony emblems painted white to match the body. IF I were to go black, what would be best? Satin? gloss? matte? very dark gunmetal?
I agree on going with a bronze, that would look sweet. I'm in no way a black wheel hater and no doubt it does go good with white but why not do something a bit different and stand out from the crowd?
I would check this forum and elsewhere online for bronze/white cars and gauge the different shades of bronze.:thumbsup:
Sponsored