Sponsored

Noise from glove compartment area & weak A/C?

Kairus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I heard some sort of noise from the glove compartment area when I started my ecoboost after leaving work, and the A/C is seeming pretty weak. Normally I find the A/C to be pretty effective. I turned it up all the way to max and it wasn't blowing very cold air. It was cool, but not cold.

It was 79F outside, I had a sunshade on my car all day. It's been 85F+ and I've found the A/C to be very effective, so wtf? Do I have a refrigerant leak?

I shut the vents on the driver/passenger side and left the three central vents open, turned the A/C to max and the vent closest to the passenger side was much, much colder than the one closest to me. In fact, the one closest to me wasn't really cold at all.

The car only has 12,000 miles on it and no modifications, so what gives? I'm going to see how it is tomorrow and if it's still not cold I guess I'll take it to the dealer.
Sponsored

B-rah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 mustang
I heard some sort of noise from the glove compartment area when I started my ecoboost after leaving work, and the A/C is seeming pretty weak. Normally I find the A/C to be pretty effective. I turned it up all the way to max and it wasn't blowing very cold air. It was cool, but not cold.

It was 79F outside, I had a sunshade on my car all day. It's been 85F+ and I've found the A/C to be very effective, so wtf? Do I have a refrigerant leak?

I shut the vents on the driver/passenger side and left the three central vents open, turned the A/C to max and the vent closest to the passenger side was much, much colder than the one closest to me. In fact, the one closest to me wasn't really cold at all.

The car only has 12,000 miles on it and no modifications, so what gives? I'm going to see how it is tomorrow and if it's still not cold I guess I'll take it to the dealer.
Hi, was wondering what issue was mine just did the same thing driving home cold on passenger side not cold on driver side

OP
OP

Kairus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
For anyone googling, in my case there was a leak in the evaporator and it was repaired under warranty by my local dealer.

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Mustang Ecoboost
same with mine, my evaporator core went out, but they still didn't fix it right and she has to go back. it was covered under warranty so take it as son as u can to the dealer for them to fix it.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Evap problem here as well. I got it fixed under warranty, but today I just noticed if I put the AC on speed level 6 or 7 (max), I get a knocking noise in the glove compartment. Going to schedule an appointment to check that out. I normally don't go past 5 speed on the AC. I should of checked when they repaired the evap core.
Sponsored