Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Got the email. Thank you again, buddy! Always appreciate you helping me out and the top notch customer service. I will be hitting you up soon for stuff for both cars :thumbsup:
My pleasure! Enjoy :)

David is the man!! Glad I went the Steeda route. His/their customer service and products are off the charts good.
Thanks for the kind words, Todd! Always appreciate having you as part of the Steeda family, and I have a set of these put aside for when we install the next round of mods in Valdosta if you're interested.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks for the kind words, Todd! Always appreciate having you as part of the Steeda family, and I have a set of these put aside for when we install the next round of mods in Valdosta if you're interested.
Sounds good, David. Thank you:cheers:

burntire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs
I just got these installed. Quality and finish looks good. First off my car had a bunch of seam sealer where the front mounting point sits. So I had to remove some to ensure the rail contacted the area flush. I used blue Loctite on the bolts. I am somewhat disappointed that these rails do not go further back. Jacking from the most rearward point gets the front and rear tires off the ground equally. There is no way to just the rear tires off the ground via jacking on the rails. I guess these rails would be ok to rotate tires, but they can not be utilized as a contact area to get all 4 wheels off the ground via jack stands. Jack stands would have to placed well aft of the rails. It would be nice to have a jacking rail that extends back to the aft jacking point.

IMAG4247.jpg

Last edited:

Houn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible Ingot Silver
Has anyone successfully installed these rails on a GT convertible? There's additional bracing with verts that use the two bolt locations in the rear.

It appears that the rail mountings will fit in between this rear bracing and the frame, but it'd be nice to get some validation of this before taking the plunge.

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone successfully installed these rails on a GT convertible? There's additional bracing with verts that use the two bolt locations in the rear.

It appears that the rail mountings will fit in between this rear bracing and the frame, but it'd be nice to get some validation of this before taking the plunge.
I spoke with Rod at Steeda and he said it will fit.:thumbsup:
If you read the first post again, I made the same mistake :headbonk: near the end under the key benefits heading it states that it will fit coupe/convertible.

Sponsored

Houn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible Ingot Silver
Thanks Lightning! I probably should have mentioned it, but I did see that convertibles were listed as supported on the web page. I just always like to seek independent verification from real world experiences.

Maybe my working in the IT field has jaded me, but I try to avoid being an unwitting Beta tester. The valuable feedback from the members here goes a long way with me on my purchase decisions.

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
I just got these installed. Quality and finish looks good. First off my car had a bunch of seam sealer where the front mounting point sits. So I had to remove some to ensure the rail contacted the area flush. I used blue Loctite on the bolts. I am somewhat disappointed that these rails do not go further back. Jacking from the most rearward point gets the front and rear tires off the ground equally. There is no way to just the rear tires off the ground via jacking on the rails. I guess these rails would be ok to rotate tires, but they can not be utilized as a contact area to get all 4 wheels off the ground via jack stands. Jack stands would have to placed well aft of the rails. It would be nice to have a jacking rail that extends back to the aft jacking point.

IMAG4247.jpg
Not sure what you mean by not being able to put jack stands on the jacking rail. I had these installed yesterday and after seeing you post I tried it out and had no problem putting jack stands on both ends of the rail and had all 4 wheels off the ground with no problem. I even had some gear in the trunk and still had no issue, could it be your jack stands maybe. :confused: Has anyone else seen what Burntire is talking about?

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
These rails were originally designed to allow our customers to work on each side of the car individually, perform tire changes, oil changes, suspension work etc.

If you are only lifting the car from one side at a time, there is no way you can get both front or both rear wheels off the ground at the same time. However, if you possess a set of jack stands you can easily jack the car up to support both front wheels or rear wheels, or even all four wheels off the ground at one time.

As you see pictured below, we are able to lift the entire car off the ground, and our mechanic got it there in under 4 minutes! We even placed over 350 lbs. in the trunk to ensure that the car is stable while in the air. Photo courtesy of the boys in Valdosta.

To get the entire car in the air, simply jack one side of the car up, place two jackstands at the frontmost and rearmost positions on the rail and then lower the car onto those stands. Then proceed to the other side of the car and begin jacking the car up on that rail, once high enough place your jack stands under the rail and lower your jack. A simple one man operation in less than five minutes, enjoy!

Also to clarify, no lifts, jacks or any equipment is needed to raise the car in any way in order to install these parts, simply slide them under the car and bolt them up.
IMG_0426.jpg
IMG_0428.jpg

burntire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs
These rails were originally designed to allow our customers to work on each side of the car individually, perform tire changes, oil changes, suspension work etc.

If you are only lifting the car from one side at a time, there is no way you can get both front or both rear wheels off the ground at the same time. However, if you possess a set of jack stands you can easily jack the car up to support both front wheels or rear wheels, or even all four wheels off the ground at one time.

As you see pictured below, we are able to lift the entire car off the ground, and our mechanic got it there in under 4 minutes! We even placed over 350 lbs. in the trunk to ensure that the car is stable while in the air. Photo courtesy of the boys in Valdosta.

To get the entire car in the air, simply jack one side of the car up, place two jackstands at the frontmost and rearmost positions on the rail and then lower the car onto those stands. Then proceed to the other side of the car and begin jacking the car up on that rail, once high enough place your jack stands under the rail and lower your jack. A simple one man operation in less than five minutes, enjoy!

Also to clarify, no lifts, jacks or any equipment is needed to raise the car in any way in order to install these parts, simply slide them under the car and bolt them up.
Well I stand corrected. I was concerned the aft stand was too far forward to be stable. Personally I would like the stand back at the rear Ford Jack point as it gives more working room to get under the car. Thanks for the photos and clarification.

Last edited:

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I really want these! Going to have to place an order soon

Sponsored

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
Mine arrive tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks Steeda! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I really want these! Going to have to place an order soon
Just let me know once it's placed, I'll make sure it gets shipped asap!

Mine arrive tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks Steeda! :thumbsup:
Awesome, sir! Let us know how you like it! :)

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
Okay, FEDEX just got here a little while ago with my jacking rails. I went straight out into the garage to install them. Here's my experience with installation:

- Product came well packaged and wrapped in plastic, bubble wrap, and a couple foam inserts. The rails arrived with zero damage.
- In addition to the rails, the box contained 8 bolts, and easy to follow instructions.
- Actual installation was a breeze. Any novice with a ratchet and 15mm socket can do this with zero problems. Incidentally, I used some blue Loctite on the bolts.
- My car is lowered on Steeda Progressive springs, so I found it real convenient to lay a mirror on the floor, with a small light bar aiming up.

I look forward to actually using the rails when I install my 1" AM Spacers tomorrow.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Okay, FEDEX just got here a little while ago with my jacking rails. I went straight out into the garage to install them. Here's my experience with installation:

- Product came well packaged and wrapped in plastic, bubble wrap, and a couple foam inserts. The rails arrived with zero damage.
- In addition to the rails, the box contained 8 bolts, and easy to follow instructions.
- Actual installation was a breeze. Any novice with a ratchet and 15mm socket can do this with zero problems. Incidentally, I used some blue Loctite on the bolts.
- My car is lowered on Steeda Progressive springs, so I found it real convenient to lay a mirror on the floor, with a small light bar aiming up.

I look forward to actually using the rails when I install my 1" AM Spacers tomorrow.
Thanks so much for posting your insight, very much appreciated! :)

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
FedEx was suppose to be here this morning. They called, said they'd be here in a couple hours and needed my signature. No show... Much sad... :confused: :(
Sponsored