its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know why the dealership wants to charge me $500 for the spare tire (not including jack or wrench)? I think thats absolutely ridiculous. From what I can see, the ppl that ordered their stangs didn't pay that much for them. Praise little baby Jesus for the aftermarket.
Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
I have a 2012 Brembo Mustang and bought the spare tire kit just for peace of mind. The spare tire kit came with a jack and wrench. It will fit the in the back with the smaller brakes but not in the front. If i have a flat in the front i can just take a good tire off the back, put on the spare, and them put the regular wheel from the back in the front. Its good to have that option is case im in a situation where i dont want to deal with roadside assistance.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Anyone know why the dealership wants to charge me $500 for the spare tire (not including jack or wrench)? I think thats absolutely ridiculous. From what I can see, the ppl that ordered their stangs didn't pay that much for them. Praise little baby Jesus for the aftermarket.
You can order the whole kit online shipped for half that. Don't pay $500 for it

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I've got mine covered. 265/35/20 = 27.3"

EDIT:
GTPP: 255/40/19 = 27.0" & 275/40/19 = 27.7"
GT 19" 255/40/19 = 27.0" (spare tire available)
GT 18" 235/50/18 = 27.3" (spare tire available)
V6 17" 235/55/17 = 27.2" (spare tire available)

EDIT2:
Spare Tire: 155/60/18 = 25.3 "
OK there are the tire sizes. Now does anyone know why the spare isn't available with the 20" wheels?

Last edited:

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
OK there are the tire sizes. Now does anyone know why the spare isn't available with the 2o" wheels?
I doubt we will know but your numbers make me think I may go ahead and get one later this year.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Just found this size in another thread. Have no idea if the tire size is correct.
Spare tire size: 155/60/18 = 25.3

I know the diameter is correct for this size tire but I don't know if the tire size is correct.

O-H-5-0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350; 2016 F-150
Wouldn't the smaller tire diameter of the spare screw with the Torsen diff. if put on the rear of a GTPP?

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Wouldn't the smaller tire diameter of the spare screw with the Torsen diff. if put on the rear of a GTPP?
From what I've heard its not good to run different sized wheels on any limited slip differential. Over a VERY short stretch and at low speeds I think you would be okay. Just don't run around like that for days at a time or more miles than necessary to get the tire replaced.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
After driving the last 9 years around the North American continent I actually wonder about someone asking the damage a smaller wheel could do to the differential. Why? Looking at all the people driving at HWY speed WITH a "doughnut" all over North America instead 20 mph and right away to the tire shop like the manual says. Especially the guys with a doughnut on the front axle in the winter season. That's scary!

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
After driving the last 9 years around the North American continent I actually wonder about someone asking the damage a smaller wheel could do to the differential. Why? Looking at all the people driving at HWY speed WITH a "doughnut" all over North America instead 20 mph and right away to the tire shop like the manual says. Especially the guys with a doughnut on the front axle in the winter season. That's scary!
Yep I think the differentials are a little tougher that what people are led to believe by the manufacturers. Also think of it this way, every time you turn a corner one of the wheels is turning at a different speed than the other side both front and rear. Granted those are for usually short periods of time but it adds up. Running a spare for a few miles at low speeds isn't going to grenade a differential in my estimation.

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Has anyone found a spare that will clear the brembos and still fit in the well?
that spare in the link will clear the PP Ecoboost brakes (14" 4-piston fronts) since they are cribbed off the GTs. The OP has an ecoboost if Im not mistaken. fwiw I got a fullsize rim and non-directional all-season as a spare, just in case for trips or bad weather.

I used Ford's fix-a-flat and pump for a flat I had a few months ago and while it worked perfectly and got me on my way, I dont want the cost and headache of dismounting the tire to clean that shit off the rim an tire, otherwise it was out of balance. Also I would at least want some kind of spare wheel in case of a sidewall puncture. The downside is a raised trunk floor, but I dont care because I dont use the trunk much and it still has tons of depth. I actually took the parcel shelf out completely, covered the spare, and just throw shit in/around the spare.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Why a Dealership would (not) order the optional spare tire "Donut" and jack on all Stock Vehicles and why anyone wouldn`t Special order it for a mere extra $195 is very puzzling? The potential weight savings and 1 mpg fuel economy worth it?

Last edited:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I ordered the kit, they do a VIN check to be sure it will fit your car. I'm taking a road trip from FL to NY this summer and I am bringing my two dogs (Yorkies) and my mom and I don't like the idea of driving without a spare especially with my dogs in the car, no way would I feel safe waiting for road side assistance with my dogs in summer heat for who knows how long. I hope this fits in the spare tire spot in the trunk. I definitely don't want to use the fix a flat shit and have to replace the tps and get that mess all over the inside of my wheel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Why a Dealership would (not) order the optional spare tire "Donut" and jack on all Stock Vehicles are why anyone wouldn`t Special order it for a mere extra $195 is very puzzling? The potential weight savings and 1 mpg fuel economy worth it?
The spare is 18" if I am not mistaken. The rear differential must have even height on each side or else the difference will wear out the limited slip. If your car came standard from the factory with 19" PP wheels, the 18" donut will eventually chew out the diff if you get a rear flat. One can always take the time to put one of the fronts on a blown rear and use a donut on the front, but that brings us to problem #2, GT cars with the PP have 15" rotors that will most definitely not fit under the donut. It has nothing to do with cost or fuel economy.

fwiw a fullsize 18" wheel and tire used as a spare WILL fit inside the donut well

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
e30og; You made the point on why the "optional" Spare Donut & Jack was not made available on certain Wheel/Tire configurations. 90% of S550 buyers had the option of ordering the temporary spare tire and for only $195 extra, I can`t fathom why a Dealer or someone doing a Special Order wouldn`t opt for that feature?
Sponsored