Sponsored

Whipple Time

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Thanks for the reply, I'm sold on the whipple based on what looks like great tune and then the great results people are getting on the dyno, and last but not least, the beautiful sound that they make during acceleration :D

But what I was worried about was the situation where you're accelerating hard in a straight line, but the rear end swings out to the right or left, and if you let off the gas, does the car straighten up on its own in a safe manner, or does it swing all the way back to the opposite side... Sorry not sure if I am explaining it right but I had a mustang before that was supercharged, and a chevy nova with posi rear end, and that nova would turn you 180 degrees if you left off the gas too much after the rear end starting sliding out. However, my supercharged corvette would easily fall back in line after you let off the gas with no crazy 180 degree turns...

Anyways, I'm getting the whipple, and I'll have to learn how it behaves I figure and find some tires where I can light them up at will in 1st or 2nd, but by 3rd gear I don't want to be spinning or going sideways by accident on a downshift.
I literally just did a few little drifts on my way home, although I've done this a time or two, I feel it's extremely easy to control. The pedal map is spot on so you can control where you want it and the Mustang lightly drifts vs that snap that some cars have.

On MPG on highway in similar circumstances it will typically increases but if you use the boost, it's gonna take more fuel so it's a give take relationship with her pedal :headbang::headbang:
Sponsored

5.0 Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Do you have to grind the front cover for install?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Dual fan's certainly help but by no means mandatory. If its mandatory, it comes with the kit so you can go either way.
Mr. Whipple SC, I sent a PM last week with a few questions, never got a reply. If you would Sir...

1. Any update on CARB cert.?

2. Any update or photo of the completed closed air box?

3. Can I have the Whipple SC painted OEM Ingot Silver, if yes...$$$ ?

4. I see that your located in Fresno CA. Does Whipple do Installs there?

Thank you in advance.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Mr. Whipple SC, I sent a PM last week with a few questions, never got a reply. If you would Sir...

1. Any update on CARB cert.?

2. Any update or photo of the completed closed air box?

3. Can I have the Whipple SC painted OEM Ingot Silver, if yes...$$$ ?

4. I see that your located in Fresno CA. Does Whipple do Installs there?

Thank you in advance.
Just got all the numbers in and submitting to CARB now, as of next week the kit will be CARB pending with an EO number and then it takes a few weeks to get the paper signed off. So it's literally weeks away.

Attached the prototype airbox pic, slightly different from production.

We don't paint, we powder coat. I'm sure we can find a powder that is very close.

Yes we do installs, just finished one yesterday.
image.jpg

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got all the numbers in and submitting to CARB now, as of next week the kit will be CARB pending with an EO number and then it takes a few weeks to get the paper signed off. So it's literally weeks away.

Attached the prototype airbox pic, slightly different from production.

We don't paint, we powder coat. I'm sure we can find a powder that is very close.

Yes we do installs, just finished one yesterday.
1. Excellent news on the CARB cert. Big plus for me. Can't be a bad thing for your CA sales either. :)

2. Air box? I hope the production version looks better. Sorry for that...everybodys a critic right?

3. Right! Powder coat...my bad! (Powder coat i.e, powdered paint melted on) I recently saw on this forum the MMD/Foose Mustang version with the Whipple SC. It appeared to be painted/Powder coated the same as the body color, which appeared to be Ingot Silver. Also the Whipple SC on Lethal Performance appears to be a color not shown on your web page color offerings.

4. Thats also goood news for me on the installs. I live in the Bay Area and can't locate an installer that I would trust besides a dealer. Currently only Serrimonte Ford is a Ford Performance SVT dealer. More questions...

5. How much do you guys charge for the install?

6. Time required for you to install?

7. If you guys install is the warranty implied?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
1. Excellent news on the CARB cert. Big plus for me. Can't be a bad thing for your CA sales either. :)

2. Air box? I hope the production version looks better. Sorry for that...everybodys a critic right?

3. Right! Powder coat...my bad! (Powder coat i.e, powdered paint melted on) I recently saw on this forum the MMD/Foose Mustang version with the Whipple SC. It appeared to be painted/Powder coated the same as the body color, which appeared to be Ingot Silver. Also the Whipple SC on Lethal Performance appears to be a color not shown on your web page color offerings.

4. Thats also goood news for me on the installs. I live in the Bay Area and can't locate an installer that I would trust besides a dealer. Currently only Serrimonte Ford is a Ford Performance SVT dealer. More questions...

5. How much do you guys charge for the install?

6. Time required for you to install?

7. If you guys install is the warranty implied?
Certainly won't hurt.

Airbox is printed plastic vs inj molding. We tapered the back edge significantly but there's only so much you can do there.

That silver was a "standard" silver that we offer, it's close to stock. We offer many colors not offered on our website, those are just the most common.

We charge $1500 which includes dyno before and after and need it for 4-5 days to fit our schedule.

Warranty is optional when we install it. Of course we stand behind all the work we do.

Sponsored

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
I must say I'm pretty impressed with the Whipple. If I can't get a gt350 for whatever reason I'll probably go this route on a GT (or hopefully a Mach1).

For me it's not who makes the most power, or has the cheapest package. It makes more than enough power for me and I love that whine, but more importantly this thing looks great under the hood (like it belongs there).

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I must say I'm pretty impressed with the Whipple. If I can't get a gt350 for whatever reason I'll probably go this route on a GT (or hopefully a Mach1).

For me it's not who makes the most power, or has the cheapest package. It makes more than enough power for me and I love that whine, but more importantly this thing looks great under the hood (like it belongs there).

100 % agreed. I've got a car more powerful than a GT350 and most likely a GT500 (in stock form) and it didn't cost as much to buy or to insure. For anyone worried about insurance just get gap insurance to cover the added parts if totaled or stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Certainly won't hurt.

Airbox is printed plastic vs inj molding. We tapered the back edge significantly but there's only so much you can do there.

That silver was a "standard" silver that we offer, it's close to stock. We offer many colors not offered on our website, those are just the most common.

We charge $1500 which includes dyno before and after and need it for 4-5 days to fit our schedule.

Warranty is optional when we install it. Of course we stand behind all the work we do.
Thanks very much for the updated information. That is just fantastic news all the way around.

1. Any current photos of the production air box would be appreciated.

2. In regards to the warranty...I understand that Whipple of couse stands behind their work. Do you know if Ford recognize Whipple as a Certified Installer so as not to void the cars factory warranty? Or am I completely misunderstanding how the warranty works?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So Black Whipple kit with upgraded throttle body,and electric fans any thing else needed? any fuel upgrades recommended?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So Black Whipple kit with upgraded throttle body,and electric fans any thing else needed? any fuel upgrades recommended?

I'd also get the boost a pump.

Oh and check in with your dentist to make sure your teeth are good to go because you ain't ever gonna get that smile off your face [emoji51][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored