Sponsored

Possible abuse from test drives?

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack 6 speed
Hi all! I just traded my 2014 Fiesta ST in for a 15 Ecoboost PP 6speed. I'm very happy with the car but I noticed an issue thats driving me nuts and keeping me awake.
Whenever I go to shut the car off, there is a shudder, or a rattle underneath the car like a piece of exhaust flopping around or the driveshaft moving. It only does this when you turn the car off.

I wouldn't usually be concerned with strange sounds from a car with only 70 miles on it until I checked the track apps. The accelerometer was pegged at .97 to the right .87 to the left and .57 up and down. I'm not sure if it defaults to this or if that's what was recorded. The dealership was really good to me and I'd like to think they wouldn't know about any abuse that happend to the car before I bought it........

I don't know if I should worry, or wait and see if it gets worse before contacting the dealership. The car had 45 miles on it when I test drove it, I put about 35 more on the way home.
Sponsored

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
That's always been a concern of mine too. Especially on vehicles that have been sitting on dealer lots for extended periods of time. Makes you wonder how important the break-in period really is when most of the cars sitting on lots have been thrashed around a bit before the first owner even purchases it.

At least you have a warranty.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
That's always been a concern of mine too. Especially on vehicles that have been sitting on dealer lots for extended periods of time. Makes you wonder how important the break-in period really is when most of the cars sitting on lots have been thrashed around a bit before the first owner even purchases it.

At least you have a warranty.
The cars break in period is not the same as years past. Variation of speeds, braking at different MPH, really does not apply. Still remove the original oil at 1000-1500 miles. Go synthetic. The car can be driven pretty much normally out of the gate . :cool:

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
The cars break in period is not the same as years past. Variation of speeds, braking at different MPH, really does not apply. Still remove the original oil at 1000-1500 miles. Go synthetic. The car can be driven pretty much normally out of the gate . :cool:
I understand what you're saying, but if you simply are trying to follow the manual's recommendations of not to "labor the engine", you might as well forget about it cause we all know what people do on test drives. :doh:

OP
OP
thabrownieviking

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not worried about the break in, more so what someone was doing that could have registered that high on the accelerometer when it was new. The clunking sound when I turn the car off is what's worrying me, I'm thinking someone could have ran the car over the steep break over angle in the dealers parking lot. I'll try to get a video later today.

Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I understand what you're saying, but if you simply are trying to follow the manual's recommendations of not to "labor the engine", you might as well forget about it cause we all know what people do on test drives. :doh:
Yeah, thats why i special order all my cars. I do not take a car off the lot , even with only factory miles. Unless its sitting on the lot less than 4 weeks. :cool:

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I'm not worried about the break in, more so what someone was doing that could have registered that high on the accelerometer when it was new. The clunking sound when I turn the car off is what's worrying me, I'm thinking someone could have ran the car over the steep break over angle in the dealers parking lot. I'll try to get a video later today.
Bring the car to the dealer for the noise as soon as possible. From what you are saying they should isolate the issue easily.

OP
OP
thabrownieviking

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bring the car to the dealer for the noise as soon as possible. From what you are saying they should isolate the issue easily.
Don't worry I will, I'll have to wait till Tuesday. I've barely got to drive the thing, I really hope nothings broke.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Don't worry I will, I'll have to wait till Tuesday. I've barely got to drive the thing, I really hope nothings broke.
My GT sat indoors at my dealership for over 4 weeks in storage. Anything could have happened to it. Arrived January 21, 2014. Winter kept it there. Summer rubber on the Foundry 20'' wheels. Then it has sat from February to now with 51 miles on it in my driveway. Just really drove my GT . Not even 500 miles on it. So far no issues , but its still early yet with the car. I hope that your issue is resolved by your dealership. Enjoy that S550 upon its return .:headbang:

OP
OP
thabrownieviking

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Ive wanted Mustang ever since I was a little kid, very happy to finally have one. It will go great alongside my '75 F150 [emoji41]

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Not trying to scare you, but there has been at least one member on here who has had to have their driveshaft replaced already. I wish I could remember who it was but I know it was an EB car.

OP
OP
thabrownieviking

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not trying to scare you, but there has been at least one member on here who has had to have their driveshaft replaced already. I wish I could remember who it was but I know it was an EB car.
Do you remember any of the specific symptoms? That's what I'm trying to nail down, in the meantime I'm just trying to rack up the miles on it to see if it goes away or gets worse.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Do you remember any of the specific symptoms? That's what I'm trying to nail down, in the meantime I'm just trying to rack up the miles on it to see if it goes away or gets worse.
Sorry man, I don't. It was a few months back but hopefully he sees this and comments in here.

Update: I guessed right, the member was Juben. He mentioned it in this thread and another one if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=500654&highlight=driveshaft#post500654

OP
OP
thabrownieviking

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a lot guys, I feel better about it and I haven't noticed anything strange with the car yet so far so good. Now to start buying some mods.....
Sponsored