Reaction score
Website
www.famousautosports.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium - Loaded - Deep Impact Blue
Hey there all!

I wanted to give you a little info so you can get to know me and the company a little.

1st - I've been in the automotive industry for over 34 years. I started really early, 12 years old, with a detailing business. I sold that business when I was 14 because I wanted, like most kids that age, to learn more about the mechanical part of cars. I also wanted to learn about body and paint and racing...of course...lol

So for the next 3-4 years, I was blessed with learning how to build race cars, customize them, build engines, custom body and paint, and just about everything else. I began professionally building custom cars at age 18, worked with and owned a few shops, and built and consulted on hundreds of cars until about 22 years old.

With 10 years under my belt, I felt like a veteran...with full blown drag racing builds and and hundreds of hours of track time. Well, I married my high school sweetheart and decided to 'clean-up' my act before I killed myself and made her a widow.

I spent 2 years getting by Electrical Engineering degree and spent the next 22+ years technology consulting, which I still do, and automotive consulting, which I of course still do.

I've invented, re-invented, and made some downright awesome vehicles, technologies and parts along the way. Worked on more than 1000 mustangs and other muscle cars, and probably helped build and work on over 1000 Mustang motors.

A few years ago, I joined the Famous Autosports TEAM with its Founder, Mitch Sanders. We re-organized the business backend and formed VIP Autoworx, Inc. DBA Famous Autosports.

I've been wanting to get back into building Mustangs for over a decade, and my best friend and I wanted to buy a car together and do a build...a decade ago. We decided to with until the 50th Anniversary.

With that said, on New Years Eve I took delivery of a 2015 GT - Manual and loaded, with the intent on building it North of 850 HP to the wheels, both streetable, road race ready, and drag essential.

After spending the last 4 months designing parts, acquiring parts, and planning with the best of the best, we are about to start the build. I wanted to make sure every part was in hand before starting...and now they all are.

I will be starting another thread to document the build, so much more coming up in the next week.

My goal = to build turn-key packages starting at about 600WHP to 800WHP, as well as doing custom builds. So soon, expect the ability to buy parts, send us your cars for a build, and just about anything else you may need.

A little Famous Autosports history for you - other than what you may see on our website at http://www.famousautosports.com:

Famous started about 12 years ago. Specializing in vehicle customization, performance and general maintenance and repair...with a difference. We specialize in Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Bentley, and other high end exotics. We also work extensively BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguar, Lotus and others...not to mention your American flavors of FORD (our true hearts content) and some Bow Tie work - mostly in the name of Cadillac...and V series and a HellCat or two.

We're expanding the dream in our brand new 13,500SQft facility for Modular Mustang builds - mostly stressing on 2006 and up..specializing in a few other years as well.

My partner Mitch Sanders has a beautiful 93 CobraR and my new toy in the 2015 GT. We're Ford guys at heart and we love doing anything you may want on your cars...from custom body and paint, wheels and tires, custom suspension, custom carbon fiber, race setups, general bolt-on's and dramatic builds - so SEMA cars and other show-based builds.

We hope to earn your trust and maybe someday your patronage...in the meantime though, let's have some fun!

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to message me, call me or email.

Thanks!

Rick
Sponsored

Last edited:

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
welcome i will check out your site. FYI you misspelled your website in the link.

OP
OP
FamousAutosportsRick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.famousautosports.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium - Loaded - Deep Impact Blue

Scott@Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP
Rick , Welcome to Mustang6G. Your history sounds solid. Cant wait to see some future builds. Enjoy.

Scott G.
Sponsored