Sponsored

Test Drives

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
All of the local dealers I visited wouldn't let anybody test drive unless they put a deposit down and wanted 5-10K over sticker. I just wound up buying mine without a test drive and sight unseen from an out of state dealer that did MSRP.
i had to do the same thing. didnt bother me because this car has gotten nothing but amazing reviews across the board and i really liked my 15 gtpp
Sponsored

Ks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H5318
My dealer kept trying to get me to drive it, kept offering to pull it off the showroon floor for me. I had already purchased three cars from them and they knew if I drove it I would want to get it.:cheers:

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Maybe try CarMax?

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Putting a deposit down could help but even so out of around 12 dealers in the tri state area I had only 1 that would let me test drive. It was a used 2016 tech and they wouldn't budge off 10k ADM (bear in mind this was around 12 months ago).

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Not going to tell a fable here...I walked in dealership, sat in the car, made sure I would fit in the recaro's and be comfy, went upstairs to the fleet manager, car was taking out of showroom and prepped.

First time I drove the car was off the lot heading to 826 and her new home. Have to admit I had to get use to the new clutch !

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Bought mine without having even seen a GT350 or 350R in person. No regrets.
I had driven a pre-production non-R, but the first R I ever saw in the flesh was my own when it was delivered to the dealer.

Driving a forum member's car might be the easiest way. But really, just buy Tob's ... can't believe he's selling it!

STCoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 07 Ram 3500, 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I knew our dealer had one on order, I scheduled an appointment, went in the door with about 40% down and my own financing. I wanted the car, but, didn't need it and I let them know that. After arguing about ADM and a test drive, I walked. I made it 4 steps out the door and the sales manager came running with the key. It had 6 miles on it, about 30 when we signed the papers and left in it. I always test drive cars, it may look great, may sound great, but you never know until you drive it.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Just finding one let alone driving it was not happening for me. One local dealer would only fire it up and let me hear the engine. In lieu of a GT350 test drive I took a GT out to at least get a general feel for the chassis and vehicle dynamics. I felt that the Shelby would only be better and it worked out perfectly. Never drove my Shelby before taking delivery but 6 months in, zero regrets.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Driving a forum member's car might be the easiest way. But really, just buy Tob's ... can't believe he's selling it!

I didn't really want to. I was working on obtaining a GT4 CF hood and was planning on a DSC Mag ride controller but my better half wants to move on to the next iteration (as unannounced as it may be) to develop parts for it too.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Back in January of this year I visited two local Ford dealers. In both cases I checked out the car (standard GT350) with a sales person and told them that I would not buy the car without a test drive. In both cases they said a test drive could happen if we could come to an agreement on a price. In both cases the dealers had a 10K ADM which I told them I was not going to pay. I told them that I could find these cars for MSRP out of state and that if they would agree to MSRP that we could close a deal. Both dealers said sorry but they will find customers who will pay the ADM’s. I told them I was serious buyer and had a large down payment and my own financing and in both cases they did not care because I was not willing to a pay an ADM. I walked in both cases.

From there I contacted a dealer out of state who was willing to sell me my GT350 for $1K under MSRP. I never saw or drove the car in person before I purchased it. I decided to take the gamble on purchasing the car out of state because I knew that car was in pristine condition from the pictures as well as the car only had 4 miles on it and was kept in the show room locked. From all the review write ups and youtube videos raving about how well the car drove I figured it was a small chance that when I received the car I would be disappointed.

When my car showed up it was in pristine condition as advertised from the dealer and the car was prepped correctly (i.e. splitter install done properly, etc.). Upon delivery I took the car out for a drive and I was definitely not disappointed. It was as good as everything I had read or watched.

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I was shocked when I read that, too. Glad it is for positive reasons you are considering selling, Epiphany.

Regarding test drives: Looking back on my purchase history, some of my favorite new cars (including the GT350) were not test driven, but all had great reviews from C&D.

My first drive was after I signed the papers. I promptly handed the keys back to the dealership, who agreed to store the car for me for 10 days while my family vacationed down the Jersey shore. I bought it on the way down, and picked it up on the way back.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I was shocked when I read that, too. Glad it is for positive reasons you are considering selling, Epiphany.

Regarding test drives: Looking back on my purchase history, some of my favorite new cars (including the GT350) were not test driven, but all had great reviews from C&D.

My first drive was after I signed the papers. I promptly handed the keys back to the dealership, who agreed to store the car for me for 10 days while my family vacationed down the Jersey shore. I bought it on the way down, and picked it up on the way back.
Man, I'll bet they HATED having that thing in the middle of the showroom to pull in the traffic. ;-) Should've charged the dealer a rental fee!

strikes2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000; 2017 LB Mustang GT350
Dealer basically handed me the keys and let me and the GF take a used one they had for sale out for a drive. I was quite honestly a bit shocked.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Man, I'll bet they HATED having that thing in the middle of the showroom to pull in the traffic. ;-) Should've charged the dealer a rental fee!
Actually, it was back in a corner of a garage, under the cover. The Dealership was being renovated at the time - there was no showroom.
Sponsored