Sponsored

Dash Cam Recommendation

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
What say you? Looking for one the records forward and backwards. Sounds recording too
Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Hands down Mobius is for me. Small and easy to conceal.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
blackvue 650

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I've tried half a dozen of the "highly recommended" units now but they all suck at night so I'm sticking to my $36 Wal-Mart one. If they're all equally bad then I might as well save $200.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thinkware F770 or Blackvue DR650

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Can u set them to record say all day while your at work,then have the ability to play the whole days worth of recording.I need one that records while I'm driving but also important to record while my car is parked for long periods of time.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
They have ones that you can either add a battery pack or wire into the car fuse box for constant battery power.
As for recording all day, I don't think there is a memory card big enough unless you can live with low quality video. 1080p videos are gonna fill up the memory card pretty quick.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
How much recording time do most of cash cams get??

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Are any of them actually any good for being able to decipher the license plates of the cars around you?

In my experience around here, the car hits you then runs and the cops don't do shit without a license plate and even if you have one it could still mean nothing.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Also interested

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Can u set them to record say all day while your at work,then have the ability to play the whole days worth of recording.I need one that records while I'm driving but also important to record while my car is parked for long periods of time.
I know the Thinkware F770 can do this, it will use either "time lapse" which will be a constant video while parked but at a lower frame rate, so it wont be as fluid as a normal video (takes up less space). Or you can use Motion Detection to record normally when it senses motion.

I believe the Blackvue has Motion detection also.

Are any of them actually any good for being able to decipher the license plates of the cars around you?

In my experience around here, the car hits you then runs and the cops don't do shit without a license plate and even if you have one it could still mean nothing.
Look up some videos of the two dashcams I mentioned and the quality is usually good enough to see the license plate in front of you. The Mobius camera is another great quality option but only offers one channel.

How much recording time do most of cash cams get??
Depends on the size of the memory card and video quality settings. My dashcam has a 64GB in it, some can take 128. Mine is enough to keep several days of driving, driving a couple hours per day. And usually most of the day while parked in a semi-busy parking lot.

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
We've got a Rexing Dashcam in each of our cars and are pretty happy with them. $120 with the GPS option.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I started with a Mobius, and then moved to a Street Guardian on front window, and the Mobius on back window. The Mobius was hard to get at to download a video, and I didn't like the mount. And I couldn't easily tell if it was recording properly. So now I have a second Street Guardian on the back window as well. I maybe change to a dual channel dash cam. For now, they are good enough. One thing I noticed is there can be gaps as the camera starts a new file.
Sponsored