Sponsored

misfire 2/8/multiple cobra jet intake new clutch flywheel

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
that's a mouthful.. (thats what she said)

so i've had my cobrajet installed for a few months now, had a direct flash so i have no handheld. I've always had a cel on it and i thought it was something to do with the IMRC's. well i was somewhat right.
i'm getting the following codes...
p0300 - multiple misfire
p0302 - cylinder 2
p0308 - cylinder 8
p2008 - imrc control circuit open
p2011 - imrc control circuit open

i've been combing through the few message boards where i could find these codes
i've tried replacing the plugs, stopped for a bit, car ran well, and then the misfires came back.
i tried swapping some coils around to see if it followed the coils, it did not. it remained on 2 and 8.

i am not noticing any loss of power ( i don't think ?? ) and it doesn't run shitty or feel like there's anything actually wrong..

step back 2 months, i installed a new lightened steel flywheel and an rst and performed the crank relearn. i did this prior to driving the car at all as i thought it was always required.
did I make a mistake by doing this? i hope not..

back to present day, i turn on the car, i get the IMRC codes and then after a bit of driving i get the misfire codes (p0300 p0302 p0308)

am i going crazy here? did i mess up by running the crank relearn prior to getting the code?

sorry if it's a little spastic.. i may try to retype this later when i'm not four cups of coffee deep.
Sponsored

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Nope, ran into the same codes when i forgot to turn off the imrcs in my own tune...get the coding for them turned off and youll be fine

OP
OP

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow what a relief.. i didn't make the tune i had a buddy set it up for me so it's safe to say that is a possibility for the misfires?

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
It is, it also wont allow your ecu to advance the timing past base...the knock sensors will indicate 0 throughout a pull, so your car should actually get faster after turning off the imrc codes,.....what did he tune you with, sct or hp tuners?

OP
OP

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hp tuners. its a base tune and i was planning on going back to him - had a small fallout - still friends but would rather take my car elsewhere. trying to make sure it's perfect before i bring it somewhere and discover another issue.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Imrc is not turned off. Did you get a custom tune after the CJ install, especially since it adds more airflow which is going to change the AFR readings and require the MAF sensor to be calibrated for the added airflow. Misfire most likely due to not being correctly tuned for the added airflow.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Misfire could also be that you need a crank relearn after doing the clutch.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
He said he did a crank relearn, but maybe he needs another one.

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Similar issue after a new clutch and flywheel. Was getting P0300 and U0422 (Invalid Data Received From Body Control Module). Sent the details to my tuner and he said the U4022 comes up on some 15-17 models (non-issue code) and sent back an adjustment. Sorted it out perfectly...for a bit. Recently i've had some weird idling and the P0300 code has come back a couple of times when i've been reversing into my car parking space (weird). I've ordered new spark plugs to see if that will make a difference but I also know I have a vacuum/boost leak somewhere so this could also potentially be causing some of the weirdness. You may want to check that too.

OP
OP

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imrc is not turned off. Did you get a custom tune after the CJ install, especially since it adds more airflow which is going to change the AFR readings and require the MAF sensor to be calibrated for the added airflow. Misfire most likely due to not being correctly tuned for the added airflow.
i did get a tune but i don't think my friend was familiar with the 15-17 setup, IMRC and cobra jet all together

He said he did a crank relearn, but maybe he needs another one.
i was thinking this also but the car isn't running weird and i did get a success message.

Similar issue after a new clutch and flywheel. Was getting P0300 and U0422 (Invalid Data Received From Body Control Module). Sent the details to my tuner and he said the U4022 comes up on some 15-17 models (non-issue code) and sent back an adjustment. Sorted it out perfectly...for a bit. Recently i've had some weird idling and the P0300 code has come back a couple of times when i've been reversing into my car parking space (weird). I've ordered new spark plugs to see if that will make a difference but I also know I have a vacuum/boost leak somewhere so this could also potentially be causing some of the weirdness. You may want to check that too.
i had a vacuum leak due to an incorrect setup on my oil separator. i had capped off the cold air intake and vented the drivers side. the passenger side had an oil separator from the valve cover to the intake. i learned this was a mistake d'oh. also had bad plugs, changed them out.

i'm leaning towards this being related to the tune.
which brings me to my next question....

has anyone heard of a parameter on HPtuners that could be turned off that would not allow the car to properly complete the crank relearn despite giving the completion message?

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
has anyone heard of a parameter on HPtuners that could be turned off that would not allow the car to properly complete the crank relearn despite giving the completion message?
Can't help there i'm afraid. I use Lund and he'd seen the U0422 code before and knew that was what was stopping the crank relearn from completing properly. I'd done it 4 times beforehand. Twice at the dealer and twice using the ngauge but wasn't until the tune update and then another crank relearn from the ngauge that the misfire issue went away. Try reaching out to [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] as he's been very helpful with tune info on other threads.

OP
OP

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm going to nut-up and just get a real tune. whether i go with a remote tune or a local guy is still to be determined. i have great options available just not trying to spend a ton of money lol

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Can't help there i'm afraid. I use Lund and he'd seen the U0422 code before and knew that was what was stopping the crank relearn from completing properly. I'd done it 4 times beforehand. Twice at the dealer and twice using the ngauge but wasn't until the tune update and then another crank relearn from the ngauge that the misfire issue went away. Try reaching out to [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] as he's been very helpful with tune info on other threads.

you if you mess with the TQ reduction fuel based and TQ reduction Spark based (no sure what they are called in HP) then the car will NOT do a crank relearn

OP
OP

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you if you mess with the TQ reduction fuel based and TQ reduction Spark based (no sure what they are called in HP) then the car will NOT do a crank relearn
is there an issue with switching from hptuners to sct?

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
is there an issue with switching from hptuners to sct?

that i cant tell you. i always recommend to start with a truly stock file when switching platforms to avoid possible checksum issues but lots of people including myself have cross tuned ok before
Sponsored