Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

NOLA_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'89 GT Conv, '03 GT
I ordered my GTPP2 car. When it arrives I plan on removing the wheels/tires and keeping them stored for track use. I have a set of GTPP wheels and all season tires that I plan to put on the new car. Should I have any problems?
This
Sponsored

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
1ss 1le Is this the poor man's Mustang?
Mag ride, 6/4 Piston Brembo's front and rear, PDR, E-diff, coolers for engine, transmission, and diff.

Oh and GM doesn't void the warranty if you take it to the track.

Yeah "poor man's" Mustang.

You fanbois are hysterical.

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Can you post the link of the head to head between the GT350 VS 1LE please. I've searched for it but can't find it. I dont think anybody would just make that statement up. Thx.
+1, I'd like to see that comparison too.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Only thing I could find was the lighting lap at VIR, but they took a GT350R, which was ~3 seconds faster.

Depending on the difference between the R and the regular GT350 at VIR, that would mean it's close, but probably not faster.

Either way, a car that's $15k cheaper and just as or nearly as fast is quite the accomplishment by GM.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Only thing I could find was the lighting lap at VIR, but they took a GT350R, which was ~3 seconds faster.

Depending on the difference between the R and the regular GT350 at VIR, that would mean it's close, but probably not faster.

Either way, a car that's $15k cheaper and just as or nearly as fast is quite the accomplishment by GM.
Gotcha, so you are guessing. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
IMG_2568.jpg

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
This is the closest I've found for direct lap comparison. They ran identical times.
When performance is measured in a few 10th's of a second, unless they were ran on the same day, those numbers are almost worthless. Hell, the ZL1 ran several seconds off of what it had done previously.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Gotcha, so you are guessing. :headbonk:
Yep, and I said as much. I also laid out why I think that.

Without a direct comparison from both cars at the same track on the same dsay with the same driver the best we can do is guess.

At least I'm not making declarative statements like the person on the last page.

FFS

Sponsored

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Yep, and I said as much. I also laid out why I think that.

Without a direct comparison from both cars at the same track on the same dsay with the same driver the best we can do is guess.

At least I'm not making declarative statements like the person on the last page.

FFS
while your correct theres no head to head And my statement was based off track times the one posted is the r boot the base gt350, idk but iv never seen a gtpp come amywhere near that so a valid argument could be made that the 1le is rigjt in par with the r on certain tracks based on that. and since they did a head to head of the 18gtpp vs a 1le and saidon the track its not even close calling a 1le a poor mans mustang is pretty bold just because its a cheaper better performance car

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros

There's a reason it's that much cheaper to buy...because it's that much CHEAPER - as in quality. Give it a couple years and the rattles will drive you crazy. IF I actually liked the look of the Camaro, I still wouldn't buy it just because it was close or even quicker than a Mustang. If the only thing I was doing with the car was driving it on a track, then I probably wouldn't buy either. Most people saying I bought the Camaro because it cost less and was quicker or faster than a Mustang on the track don't even track it more than a few times a year. Have fun driving that thing on the street in the real world the other 95% of the time - especially in a few years when it's falling apart.

Last edited:

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
There's a reason it's that much cheaper to buy...because it's that much CHEAPER - as in quality. Give it a couple years and the rattles will drive you crazy. IF I actually liked the look of the Camaro, I still wouldn't buy it just because it was close or even quicker than a Mustang. If the only thing I was doing with the car was driving it on a track, then I probably wouldn't buy either. Most people saying I bought the Camaro because it cost less and was quicker or faster than a Mustang on the track don't even track it more than a few times a year. Have fun driving that thing on the street in the real world the other 95% of the time - especially in a few years when it's falling apart.
again I'm not brand specific iv actually owned more mustangs then camaros but to say its gonna fall apart is pretty crazy when my 15gtpp has 7k on it and the clutch pulled apart like many orhers have, my car leaks from a pin hole in a weld so its needed to be fixed and the whole roof repainted, driveline vibration that no one can figure out. not to mention the ac issue which correct me if im wrong but you have to pull the dash apart to fix. bottom line these are production cars shortcuts will be takwn wherever they can

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
while your correct theres no head to head And my statement was based off track times the one posted is the r boot the base gt350, idk but iv never seen a gtpp come amywhere near that so a valid argument could be made that the 1le is rigjt in par with the r on certain tracks based on that.
Based on what? The ZL1 ran several seconds slower on the day it went head to head with the 350R. One could easily then infer that the 350R could very well be several seconds faster than the time posted.

The funny thing is, the SS1LE and the 350R DID run on the same track...same driver...same day, and the R was 1.66 seconds faster around Laguna.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mclaren/570/2016/2016-motor-trend-best-drivers-car/

You want to put that in comparison....the GT350R was 1.81 seconds slower than the almighty ZL1 1LE (but again, on a different day).

http://www.motortrend.com/news/chevrolet-camaro-zl1-1le-4th-place-2017-best-drivers-car/

So using ricer math, the ZL1 1LE has about as much of a lead on the 350R as the 350R has on the ZL1 1LE.

That means, if the 1LE is as fast as the 350R, the 350R is as fast as the ZL1 1LE. :first:

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Based on what? The ZL1 ran several seconds slower on the day it went head to head with the 350R. One could easily then infer that the 350R could very well be several seconds faster than the time posted.

The funny thing is, the SS1LE and the 350R DID run on the same track...same driver...same day, and the R was 1.66 seconds faster around Laguna.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mclaren/570/2016/2016-motor-trend-best-drivers-car/

You want to put that in comparison....the GT350R was 1.81 seconds slower than the almighty ZL1 1LE (but again, on a different day).

http://www.motortrend.com/news/chevrolet-camaro-zl1-1le-4th-place-2017-best-drivers-car/

So using ricer math, the ZL1 1LE has about as much of a lead on the 350R as the 350R has on the ZL1 1LE.

That means, if the 1LE is as fast as the 350R, the 350R is as fast as the ZL1 1LE. :first:
so the 1lw was 1.66 slower then the r, i said it was in line or could beat the gt350 so by that time id say thats petty accurate. trust me id take either a gt350 or any day over and camaro
Sponsored