MY18 REVIEWS: The thread to put the press/owner reviews of MY18

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
[QUOTEAs these cars have been tested by multiple people with multiple different driving styles (and the fact the car learns driving methods), how much of what he is seeingvcan he attributed to this (car is simple confused due to the changes in drivers probably over a relatively short period of time).[/QUOTE]

I don't think they learn that quickly! But, yes, these reviewers may be a little harsh in their treatment, and that doesn't do it any favour
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Grown up review - no gushing fan boy here - with balanced views. Loves the car, but not the 10 speed auto (apart from straight line speed). Food for thought.

After seeing the video of the guy shifting on paddles up and down which I posted a page or two back and showing his hand motions I am a lot more happy than I was initially as it seems fast and responsive and pretty much in line with DSG shift speeds. But it is so hard to tell from a video, only once behind the wheel myself.

For my its the response on the paddles and how connected it feels when using them that is important.

Any quirks in D I will just adjust too, of course I shall document how it compares to likes of DSG, PDK, M-DCT etc and how the varying modes effect it. But in S with car in track mode the shifts seem super responsive on the paddles.

Time will tell, also nothing to say that Ford won't release updates as well which the dealers can flash onto the TCU.

Also Lund are working with the A10, already being discussing with Jon II and Johnny Nardi regarding auto shifting and how they need to also keep tunes available on offer that leave the A10 and throttle/DBW completely stock. They were a little defensive but did say they have had a few complaints from UK customers so will be looking to have the ability to roll the throttle and automatic back to stock, essentially the tune will just remove torque limiters and give you additional power, which for me is all I want from a tune.

I will of course give their A10 tune a try, I may like it, but when I experience it in Enoch's car it was pretty annoying with the car in drive ramming the gears in everything even at low speeds.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
will be looking to have the ability to roll the throttle and automatic back to stock, essentially the tune will just remove torque limiters and give you additional power, which for me is all I want from a tune.
Exactly looking for just this.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

Bill's car is looking totally gorgeous, I cannot believe its still factory ride height, I don't know maybe its just me but I think its gorgeous, the liquid metal coloured wheels looks superb. He needs to get the 350R brakes on that would look ace.

He is fitting the Ford 350 lowering spring kit tomorrow, fingers crossed it all fits as they are currently $225 plus shipping. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Bill's car is looking totally gorgeous, I cannot believe its still factory ride height, I don't know maybe its just me but I think its gorgeous, the liquid metal coloured wheels looks superb. He needs to get the 350R brakes on that would look ace.

He is fitting the Ford 350 lowering spring kit tomorrow, fingers crossed it all fits as they are currently $225 plus shipping. :)
The torque curve is indeed interesting. As i've (always said) the V* coyote kicks around 4-4.5k rpm... his cars kicking high torque at like what was that 2500-3k? that's insane, that's a lot more "Bum on seat feel fun" !

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The torque curve is indeed interesting. As i've (always said) the V* coyote kicks around 4-4.5k rpm... his cars kicking high torque at like what was that 2500-3k? that's insane, that's a lot more "Bum on seat feel fun" !

When I had the 350 manifold on my car it flattened the torque curve, it had less peak torque but the car felt simply better for it.

Have huge peak torque low down can make the top end feel flat, having peak torque come late can make an engine feel to peaky and weak down low.
In a perfect world you want torque curve as flat as a pancake for as much of the rev range as possible but high with power that increases in a linear fashion. It is why I had the Golf custom tuned as the torque was peaking too high too low, made the top end feel lifeless and boring, flatter torque curve, more power up top and now its far more a joy to let it rev to 7000rpm, whereas before I just wanted to change up around 5000rpm, felt like a derv, was not fun.

Flat torque curve is the most desirable in my opinion and it was why I really enjoy just getting into the throttle with the 350 manifold as the powerband with that manifold was 1500-7800rpm which made it hugely flexible.

Watch a review of any 350 and they don't rev them long enough as they think they have peaked to only find out it just keeps pulling and pulling, that is a great engine.

BMW did this with E92 M3, the engine pulls strong right to beyond 8000rpm making it so enjoyable to just ring its neck, the downside is BMW had very little torque so the engine though smooth lacks down low.

A stock Coyote gen2 is typically 3000-6000rpm, a tune helps a lot and this widens to more like 2500-6500rpm, but its the intake manifold on an NA car which can impact power band.

MY18 seems to have some kind of hybrid 350 manifold, being designed for direct injection, this manifold on gen 2 hit peak power at 7200rpm, Ford have engineered/designed this all new manifold on the gen3 to peak at 7000rpm but with an incredible flat curve 350 style but a whole lot more torque across the whole rev range compared to the 350 and previous GT which I guess is why so many reviewers comment on how it feels so much stronger compared to previous gen cars in test drives. Best case being a few full bolt-on MY15-17 owners who test driven and purchased MY18 saying it felt stronger than their full bolt-on car, in reality down the 1/4 it would be no faster, but Ford have worked some magic with the power band and it is that what people are feeling and liking a lot about gen3 coyote. Plus its 12:1 compression, will make it a lot more responsive, the gen2 was kind of lazy, really needed a tune to wake it up somewhat.

My guess is even with the new wider spacing of the MT82-4 manual the MY18 will feel more powerful simply due to torque curve and willingness to rev high as peak power is nearly at redline (7400rpm). I'd still prefer the older shorter ratios the previous manual had as with the new engine that would probably be very snappy, but maybe the new engine was too much for the old ratio's and Ford opted for the longer ratios for ease of driving, I guess the majority of their customer base are not all crazies like us lot.

Though it does seem the A10 they went all out for extract maximum performance, so not all bad.

I can guarantee you the tuners will be extracting 500+ horses NA, they will be revving them to 8000rpm NA and they will scream, the direct injection, new coated liners, 4 knock sensors should allow for some very nice tuning results.

I've said it before and will say it again, if we don't get bodged headers and even if we do, all this car really needs is a tune, it will be insanely quick kind of proven by Lund's early development results of 0-100 in sub 8s on a bone stock car, tune only. If they get it down to 7.5's well that is the same time Mac gets in his supercharged beasty, but the A10 and gen3 are very mighty and as a daily road car will be incredibly fast. I can't imagine how stupidly fast an MY18 A10 Whipple or Roush must be, if they hook up and the gearbox does not self destruct they could despatch 0-100 in low 6s traction permitting which at power adder levels is a huge issue in a RWD daily driven car.

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
$47k without magnaride...

...surely got to be knocking on the door of £45-£50k with it once over here?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$47k without magnaride...

...surely got to be knocking on the door of £45-£50k with it once over here?
V8 M6 + mag ride option would be 43k, with A10 45k.

But if you add stuff like Recaro, expensive colour, custom pack, going to be around 48k-50k.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So... Little update... [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] went to dealers today and My18 was showing as £41995 base for a v8 on the dealers system.

Mind you same system that showed it at £42995 for me a few weeks back.

I'll check finance system in the morning which was £40995.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So... Little update... [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] went to dealers today and My18 was showing as £41995 base for a v8 on the dealers system.

Mind you same system that showed it at £42995 for me a few weeks back.

I'll check finance system in the morning which was £40995.

The dealers use Vista, as of 6pm this evening, there was still no price in Vista, infact Vista has never listed a price.

Whichever dealer it is making up these prices, they are pulling them from thin air because the dealers system is Vista and no pricing info has being entered onto it yet for UK MY18 cars or options. :)

I will call my mate who owns a dealership to double check, but he'd be on the phone right now if their was pricing on Vista getting all excited. :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The dealers use Vista, as of 6pm this evening, there was still no price in Vista, infact Vista has never listed a price.

Whichever dealer it is making up these prices, they are pulling them from thin air because the dealers system is Vista and no pricing info has being entered onto it yet for UK MY18 cars or options. :)

I will call my mate who owns a dealership to double check, but he'd be on the phone right now if their was pricing on Vista getting all excited. :D
Ill get graham on it. he said he saw it so who knows :shrug:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

Hi there

Not a review as such but I enjoyed watching it because essentially that is exactly how mine is going to look now I've changed customer pack 4 to custom pack 2 as I don't want to risk my car going into build with the forged wheels which I am not so sure about and could cost as much as £1000 more, that would be annoying when I am not to keen on design.

Anyway back to car in the video, image that car with black roof, black mirrors, black GT 350 track wing and the Ford PP2 front splitter sitting about 20mm lower, clear rear lights and that is essentially my car as that car has the mag ride, recaro seats etc. :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Review of carbon pack car:

[ame]
Sponsored