Sponsored

2017 GT Premium PP - No Heat Extractor Vents - Normal?

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Others bring up very good points. If you ever try to sell the car, people are going to think something is up when they see that you have an ecoboost hood on a GT. Even if you tell them the truth, they are going to call bullshit and think you are trying to pull a fast one on them.
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
Get it sorted out.. that's sad if it's a build snafu at the plant. Or a dealership employee that got smart.. switched out his hood without anyone knowing.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
probably came from the factory this way. seen previous threads of mismatched all sorts of stuff.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Check those stickers on the underside of the hood.
It should give you an idea of what car it came off.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I like it. In 40 years there will be someone like Graveyard Cars swearing up and down it came with vents and you'll be like, "nope! Came that way."
This. It's a weird mistake. Embrace it.

I've seen dealers swapping wheels on used cars but would doubt there's very many that will swap anything on new cars, much less body panels. It was either built wrong or damaged in transit, then fixed wrong. Probably the former. Demanding a new hood will just get you a body panel that's a slightly different shade than the rest of the car. IMO Get the dealer to give you something in writing saying the car came that way from ford (to prove you aren't covering up repairs when it comes time to resell) and embrace it. Plus, they look better that way anyway.

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Sorry to disappoint..... but yeah, its got PP Wheels, Brembo Calipers, Strut Brace, 6Spd. Just missing the Vents. New, 34miles on it. No damage, looks as if it came that way.
Any updates?

Thanks!

OP
OP

Grabberblu...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Update

Decided to keep Ventless Hood. Dealer wanted to fix with new GT Vented Hood, however I was concerned about the paint not matching / finish being off. Overall happy with the car.....
C538C8EC-51A8-44A3-84B1-E9AE2C5E80E8.JPG

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
It is not unusual for manufactuers to do things like that at the end of a model year run when there is a change in the next model year.

If you read the fine print in the broucher it will say somewhere "specifications subject to change without notice".

You might get the dealer to do something but they aren't obligated to.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I'd say if window sticker says you are supposed to have vents - at least as for a discount.

Aslo, check twice for all tags from under the hood to match - vin, engine, whatever. Compare with such tags from another GT hood with vents.

As others suggested, sometimes cars get damaged during shipment and then being fixed in body shops. Replacement hoods sometimes do not have all tags, etc.

For example, all hondas have vin on original front and rear bumpers, but not on replacement ones . So if the car was in fender bender accident that wasn't even reported to carfax, that resulted in bumper replacement (90% of the cases) you could figure it out by looking out for all tags that are supposed to be on originally installed part.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
As others have said, look at the stickers under the hood. I believe one sticker shows what motor is in the car and has emissions related info for that motor (it will show "5.0L Group"). If the hood was swapped out at the dealer for and ecoboost hood, the sticker on the hood would indicate an ecoboost engine instead.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
something seriously wrong, should look like this
2017-Mustang-GT-specs-trim.jpg

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to keep Ventless Hood. Dealer wanted to fix with new GT Vented Hood, however I was concerned about the paint not matching / finish being off. Overall happy with the car.....
I like it. Simple and clean. I can see it 40 years from now on the Mecum Auction block. ****Very RARE vent delete model***** Only one of 5. Let the bidding start at $1,000,000....

Nice stripes BTW. Big Worm?

AngryMule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush charged GT Mustang
I like it. Simple and clean. I can see it 40 years from now on the Mecum Auction block. ****Very RARE vent delete model***** Only one of 5. Let the bidding start at $1,000,000....

Nice stripes BTW. Big Worm?
^^^^ THIS

Vehicles sold with mistakes often later are more valuable than a correct equipped model.

And yes nice color combo
Sponsored