corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks. I'd never seen the acronym before or heard of the process (that I know of offhand). Wasn't something applicable to large-bore power plant piping.

Norm
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
What's a better warranty period that can be expected?

FWIW, one of my rifles only has a year and the other one didn't come with one at all.

Norm
For instance Springfield has a lifetime, transferrable, warranty that they are vell well known for standing behind. I love them but I say that just as fact and not as an owner or anything else.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
are you honestly comparing a Rock island 1911 to a kimber? :lol:

Lets see... Made int he US vs in the Philippines.

Servicing two markets. kimber is now very mid-tier

RIA is budget, at best.

my kimber was manufactured in 1998. It happens to have a serial that ends in 1911.

It is a wonderful gun and I doubt I'll ever sell it.

I had an issue with the grip safety in 2009 and kimber repaired the pistol, at no charge, and had it back to me within a week.

The pistol has the best trigger that i've ever felt on a 1911, regardless of price.

I have a rather ridiculous firearms collection that includes some guns that most have never seen. This gun will continue to stay.

If you REALLY want a kimber, I would point you towards looking for a 1998/1999 , right after the clackamas rollmark, NY guns. I think they are nicer than the clackamas kimbers, and far nicer that the series II pistols.

To sort-of show some of the interesting stuff that rides in my collection 9 and to quantify my knowledge of firearms) I offer y'all the following:

Just a small sampling, which does not account for any of the select fire or AOW stuff.

Yes, I haz the gunz.
This kind of response you always have to wonder what some one is compensating for...dick size or lack of IQ.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
This kind of response you always have to wonder what some one is compensating for...dick size or lack of IQ.
nice.

Actually it comes from being part of a 5 generation family tradition of military service.

The quantity comes from being successful as a professional ( to fund it ) and from having mechanical engineering as a hobby (as it relates to firearms.)

I'd also hate to see anyone buy a less than awesome weapon based on a generic internet point of view.

The only way to quickly show validation of your opinion on the internet to flop your e-dick on the table.

Thanks for the laugh though! ;)

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
The De Lisle Commando was invented at Ford's Dagenham plant in the UK. My dad used one in WW2. Funny enough the Commando was a modified version of the small magazine Lee Enfield that my grandad used in WW1.
the way the action works is really interesting. I got mine from a gentleman in alabama that I acquired an original copy of the blueprints for them.

We went back and forth for a few months comparing the .22lr, 9mm and .45acp designs.

This guy decided to get licensed to manufacture and built one out for me .

I love the gun. It is super fun.
Sponsored