Sponsored

The Armory

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
In all of my 33 years, I've never run into a situation where I'd need to know anything about a gun. I've never seen a gun that wasn't attached to a cop or a soldier. I've been mugged before, but who cares? I'm insured, and they probably needed the money more than I did. I don't have a wife or kids or a girlfriend to worry about (spend too much time working for any of that).

Worrying about what might happen in some hypothetical situation where I'd need to know what to do with a gun seems kind of silly -- don't mess around with drug dealers, and the chances are virtually zero that that will ever happen, so planning on what to do if I'm in a situation where I need to handle a gun is like planning on what to do if I get bitten by a shark -- it could theoretically happen, but the chances are so remote that it's a waste of time worrying about it.
I respect your opinion but have NEVER heard anyone say they don't care about being mugged.

It's like the condom rule man, would rather have one and not need it than not have one and need it.

You don't have to associate with drug dealers or live in a bad part of town to need a gun.

And I'm sorry but you must be the most liberal person I've seen when it comes to money...You don't care about paying MSRP (because the salesman needs the money more than you..?) and you don't care about being mugged (because you're insured and they might need the money more than you..?)

That's about the most ass backwards way to live IMHO, take some pride in what you work hard for and don't let it go to others who don't deserve it. If someone needs the money more than you, they need to do it the right way and EARN it, otherwise be prepared to eat a bullet if you feel the need to strong arm people.

I know you make good money, but to hell with just giving it away or not being able to protect it...

If you have time read some of these.... it's your money/life/car etc..I just don't want anyone losing any of those to some scumbag. http://www.nrapublications.org/index.php/11310/armed-citizen-18/
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Jimmy, in your situation, you are probably doing the right thing. Not sure if it is true or not but I have heard that you can get put in prison if you get stopped and have a live round in the vehicle in your part of the country.
Without getting into anything else, I can tell you that this is completely true. Possession of a loaded weapon outside your home or place of business is a felony, even if it's in the trunk of your car. You could try getting a carry permit, but that's virtually impossible; you need to show a compelling reason for having one, which basically means you have to be a professional security guard, or you ain't getting one. So if you're driving through New York City -- which you have to to get from New England to anywhere else, unless you want to take the REALLY long way -- always be sure to unload any guns you have on you and stick them in the trunk.

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I respect your opinion but have NEVER heard anyone say they don't care about being mugged.

It's like the condom rule man, would rather have one and not need it than not have one and need it.

You don't have to associate with drug dealers or live in a bad part of town to need a gun.

And I'm sorry but you must be the most liberal person I've seen when it comes to money...You don't care about paying MSRP (because the salesman needs the money more than you..?) and you don't care about being mugged (because you're insured and they might need the money more than you..?)

That's about the most ass backwards way to live IMHO, take some pride in what you work hard for and don't let it go to others who don't deserve it. If someone needs the money more than you, they need to do it the right way and EARN it, otherwise be prepared to eat a bullet if you feel the need to strong arm people.

I know you make good money, but to hell with just giving it away or not being able to protect it...

If you have time read some of these.... it's your money/life/car etc..I just don't want anyone losing any of those to some scumbag. http://www.nrapublications.org/index.php/11310/armed-citizen-18/
Without getting into anything else, I can tell you that this is completely true. Possession of a loaded weapon outside your home or place of business is a felony, even if it's in the trunk of your car. You could try getting a carry permit, but that's virtually impossible; you need to show a compelling reason for having one, which basically means you have to be a professional security guard, or you ain't getting one. So if you're driving through New York City -- which you have to to get from New England to anywhere else, unless you want to take the REALLY long way -- always be sure to unload any guns you have on you and stick them in the trunk.
Alright guys let's stay away from politics.

Back on topic. Opinions Pump or Semi-Auto?

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
If you want to get back on topic in this off topic section of a Mustang forum, I have something to add.

Just got a rifle back from the gunsmith that I have been waiting six months for and took it to the range to break it in.
It is a heavy barreled 7mm Winchester Short Magnum specially set up to be optimized for long range bullets.
Remington 700 long action, heavy Hart barrel, Jewell trigger, Accuracy International chassis system, oversized bolt knob, barrel threaded for a suppressor, etc.
Because brass has been real hard to come by the last year or so, I paid $135 for 60 factory loaded rounds and shot 40 of them thru the rifle.
With the factory 150 grain it was shooting a group at 645 yards on steel that was covering the entire 10" x 14" plate.
I loaded up 10 rounds with the 180 grain long range bullets and a load that was recommended to me by a good shooter.
At 645 on steel the rifle put 4 rounds in a nice small group that measured 1 1/4" x 2 1/8" so for the time being I am pretty happy. Still waiting on a high end scope that I ordered a few weeks ago so an old Nightforce 22x was mounted on the rifle.
Once I can come up with enough brass my intention is to use it in some long range steel matches that the coyote hunters put on during the cold months.

Sponsored

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Arkansas Coffee table

A retirement gift from my son (Pro Raptor II) Amazingly smooth and accurate

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I would love to be specific and respond to where Jimmy is living. But it would definitely start an argument. I will just say I hate NY in regards to this.

I have no issue with his personal feelings towards guns, although his outlook towards money I definitely disagree with. Its your money and you shouldn't allow anyone to take it from you. If you want to give it away to charity or some bum on the street that's fine but to not care because you have insurance? that's just irresponsible. Basically your making other hard working people pay you back for not defending yourself. Anyhow what kind of insurance protects you from being mugged?

Back on topic.

I currently have an MP40, which I like but I wish I would have gone with the Glock 40 instead now in hindsight. I was more accurate with the Glock and loved the trigger on that thing. I also have an ARP Melonite treated 16in 6.8mm AR. No pics right now, I'll have to post them up when I get back.

Future weapons: Walther P99 9mm A/S, Springfield 1911

Another .45 for CC, a .223 Wylde AR-15, AK-47, Remington 700 .308, Browning X-Bolt Medallion .300 winmag, and probably a revolver of some kind. A .22 Pistol and rifle, and of course a shotgun...probably gonna be a remmy.

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Arkansas Coffee table

A retirement gift from my son (Pro Raptor II) Amazingly smooth and accurate
What great coffee table you have there! Haha. I love the 1911s!

I thank you guys for dropping the debate. People argue enough on this forum This is a nice place to stay away from it all.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
In all of my 33 years, I've never run into a situation where I'd need to know anything about a gun. I've never seen a gun that wasn't attached to a cop or a soldier. I've been mugged before, but who cares? I'm insured, and they probably needed the money more than I did. I don't have a wife or kids or a girlfriend to worry about (spend too much time working for any of that).

Worrying about what might happen in some hypothetical situation where I'd need to know what to do with a gun seems kind of silly -- don't mess around with drug dealers, and the chances are virtually zero that that will ever happen, so planning on what to do if I'm in a situation where I need to handle a gun is like planning on what to do if I get bitten by a shark -- it could theoretically happen, but the chances are so remote that it's a waste of time worrying about it.

As far as children go, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been around children in my adult life, except passing them walking down the sidewalk with their parents. That's really a non-issue for me.

More of the opposite for me. I learned to shoot just so I would understand guns better. Then I bought myself a couple and spent time at an outdoor range. But after a few years I realized I had no need for them at all and that my interests lay elsewhere, sold them to a club member and bought my first guitar instead ( at the age of 30, no less). Glad to have had the exposure but even happier that I felt no need to keep them. Probably the advantage of living in a society where few have guns. If I lived in parts of the US, I think I might have felt differently.

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
My Sig 1911 Max
20140824_dddd75003.jpg

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
How do you like that Max?
Almost bought one at my local shop earlier this year.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Future weapons: Walther P99 9mm A/S, Springfield 1911

The Springfield Loaded is a nice pistol for the money; I was looking at this one or maybe a S&W E series as a 1911.

Luckily I have someone here who can do a review on the E series (if he has time); Mustangchief has one in his coffee table picture. Those scalloped serrations really do stand out.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
How do you like that Max?
Almost bought one at my local shop earlier this year.
Love it. Having some feed issues since still testing what make of bullet the gun likes more and still has less than 300 shots so, but loving it so far....