Sponsored

The Armory

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Clink, you making me mad jelly on your supressors! I dream of getting a supressed Misquito.
Ha thx man, honestly that whole setup is barely over $1,000. Suppressor is like $399, pistol was $400 something, and ATF tax stamp is only $200.

I'm lucky and have a buddy in the office who is a FFL/SOT so he can do class 3 transfers.

You got a nice setup on your rifle too man, I've always liked those rail panels.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Ha thx man, honestly that whole setup is barely over $1,000. Suppressor is like $399, pistol was $400 something, and ATF tax stamp is only $200.

I'm lucky and have a buddy in the office who is a FFL/SOT so he can do class 3 transfers.

You got a nice setup on your rifle too man, I've always liked those rail panels.

Barely over $1,000 but a wait of over 6 months, right? I need my CC first, both me and my girl as that is a higher priority. I'd likely do too many stupid things with an ultra quiet .22. :headbonk::D

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Yep everything is allowed...I don't think they have a caliber restriction either. Just no flachette or buck. Pricing wasn't all that bad I think it was $35 an hour. You can bring your own ammo or purchase on site. It may seem like a lot per hour but I think it's to push membership but it's an amazing facility.

They have something like 9 shoot houses on site. They constantly host badass events. During October they host a zombie invasion with sim rounds...need I say more.

They have even a private quiet viewing room with all they have for sale on display. Also you're never rushed and you're not treated like an idiot on or off the range.

Once you go you will never go anywhere else.
Dang, makes me appreciate the ranges we have in my part of the country.
The range I have a membership to is about 10 minutes from my house and has multiple outdoor pistol ranges (both paper and steel), rifle benchrest at 100 and 200 yards, longer range prone rifle to 600 yards for paper and multiple yardage steel rifle targets out to 650 yards, four skeet fields, sporting clay, battu clays, two indoor pistol buildings, and a plinking range where you can shoot full auto stuff.
The best part, my membership is less than $200 per year with no usage fees other than the clay pigeon stuff and the indoor pistol buildings.

If I want to drive 30 minutes from the house I can shoot past 1500 yards at steel but it costs $50 per four hours reserved in advance.

Long range rifles is my passion, other than cars, so I shoot at the range at least a couple of times a month.

You guys in the North East are hurting, that is for sure.

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
Paying for ranges? That's absurd!? Haha. I just have a valley in the hills or public land to go too. Can stretch out to about 500 yards. No fees, many areas to shoot, and no one there to enforce goofy range rules (like there were in WI...). No restrictions - its only closed when forest fires are a problem. Any caliber, any round, tannerite, any targets, everything! You guys need to find a place like that to try out once or twice!

Local indoor range - $35 an hour:

The Valley:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Barely over $1,000 but a wait of over 6 months, right? I need my CC first, both me and my girl as that is a higher priority. I'd likely do too many stupid things with an ultra quiet .22. :headbonk::D
Wait time right now is roughly 9 months actually, but going down pretty rapidly.

They've implemented an e-file program for a few different Forms but not for suppressors. Plus you will need to get a trust made out to put the weapons in, unless your local LEO will sign off on his form + fingerprints so it's usually just easier to have a lawyer make a trust...cost me like $350

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Paying for ranges? That's absurd!? Haha. I just have a valley in the hills or public land to go too. Can stretch out to about 500 yards. No fees, many areas to shoot, and no one there to enforce goofy range rules (like there were in WI...). No restrictions - its only closed when forest fires are a problem. Any caliber, any round, tannerite, any targets, everything! You guys need to find a place like that to try out once or twice!

Local indoor range - $35 an hour:

The Valley:

Jelly myself, wish I had land to play on. Tennerite is FUN

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Diamondback DB-15b. 5.56, 1x9 twist, battery assist /dust cover.

Some cheap UTG irons on it.

I had some FTE problems about 380 rounds in. My rifle had turned into a bolt action >.<.

Took diamondback (Florida) almost 2 months to fix it. Warranty covered it, and when I got it back the paper read "over sized barrel/undersized gas block" *shrug*.

My rifle has roughly 650 rounds through it with zero problems. Recently put a Magpul ACS stock on it and it works well. Its a fine rifle and it suits my needs. No plans for optics. It eats .223 tula and every other ammunition I can find.

SIG Sauer P229. My fingers are unfortunately not very long so I could not deal with a full size handgun.

I love the decocker and slide release positions. The grip feels perfect in my hand. This gun is flawless. I haven't had a single failure in 500 rounds. It does love to get dirty though..

15+1 mag capacity . Its a good weight , not heavy at all. This rides in my Mustang with me nearly everywhere I go (within the law).

There's n outdoor range in SC called Leeds shooting range. 100 yrds, free to the public, massive backstop.

Out in the country so its never crowded. I use froglube for my guns. I need to go shooting soon...

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
WP_20140609_12_43_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20140613_16_15_47_Pro.jpg

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
My Springfield 45
Nice, I was thinking of picking up a Mil Spec Springer or their Range Officer. Either that or a Ruger SR1911. Don't really want to spend a 1000+ on the likes of Les Baer, Ed Brown, or Kimber.

I had a Benelli Nova pump 12 gauge that I just recently sold.

I currently have a M&P 40 Shield for CC that I carry in a DeSantis IWB hybrid holster. I also have a roughed up old S&W Model 58 41 Rem Mag. A friend gave it to me, but it was a bit abused with some light pitting here and there. It still shoots great though, and that is a very underrated cartridge (very expensive too nowadays).

I also have a nice little Sig P230SL stainless .380 (a little Walther PPK lookalike they made in the early 90s).

I also have an old Winchester model 1906 22 that's quite fun to shoot.

Hoping to add a 1911 in the near future.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Have never held a gun or even seen a gun that wasn't attached to a cop or a soldier. Don't know anybody who owns a gun except my friends who are cops. Will never touch one myself.

Not trying to start an argument; just a different perspective. I come from a long line of military vets -- raised by my grandfather who fought in Guadalcanal and the Solomon Islands campaign and had two sons in Vietnam, and he would never let me within a mile of a gun. Everybody's got their own hobbies and that's totally cool; same way tons of people ride motorcycles but after one try I knew that it would never be for me.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Have never held a gun or even seen a gun that wasn't attached to a cop or a soldier. Don't know anybody who owns a gun except my friends who are cops. Will never touch one myself.

Not trying to start an argument; just a different perspective. I come from a long line of military vets -- raised by my grandfather who fought in Guadalcanal and the Solomon Islands campaign and had two sons in Vietnam, and he would never let me within a mile of a gun. Everybody's got their own hobbies and that's totally cool; same way tons of people ride motorcycles but after one try I knew that it would never be for me.
I can appreciate and understand this, I didn't have much exposure myself until moving to FL and shooting a bunch of cool stuff with a buddy at work.

Now I have well over $15k worth of guns and accessories (which pales in comparison to some I know) and an awful kitchen that I could remodel if I didn't have all of this...

We are having a shooting event here in Tampa next week at work, funded by marketing and a few other IT Security vendors. Lots of registrants so far and we have a few CISO's and CTO's showing up that we've never done business with. Very safe, structured event with a vendor presentation and then a couple hours on the range.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

I can respect your personal reasons. It's when things get political that it turns ugly, and that goes for all things related to government/Washington. I managed to convince a coworker to join a few other guys and me to the range and he admitted to having a very good time despite sticking to his dislike of guns. If you have a trusted friend with a low-pressure outdoor shooting range or big backyard and he offers to let you shoot I think you might have fun whether you change your mind or not. Definitely not as terrifying as going skydiving or bungee jumping!

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT

I'll offer you a little different perspective. I would encourage you to take a class on how to recognize and handle various guns that you may encounter in a parking lot or street. You may plan to never be around them, but if you see one in the presence of a child, you need to know how to take it away safely without hurting you or the child. The main thing is to never touch it without knowing where it came from if at all possible. Most of the time you should leave it lay and call the cops. But if in an emergency you do need to pick one up, you need to be able to do it safely. My wife has never shot a gun, but I have had her dry fire and safe everyone in my house. If she ever had to use one in self defense (I have three big dogs to go through first) I have hers loaded with 2 snake shots first and then the rest are hollow points. If she ever has to use it, it is ready to go and she is at least knowledgeable even though she has never shot one. We go over safety and dry fire whenever I go to a range (quarterly)

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'll offer you a little different perspective. I would encourage you to take a class on how to recognize and handle various guns that you may encounter in a parking lot or street. You may plan to never be around them, but if you see one in the presence of a child, you need to know how to take it away safely without hurting you or the child. The main thing is to never touch it without knowing where it came from if at all possible. Most of the time you should leave it lay and call the cops. But if in an emergency you do need to pick one up, you need to be able to do it safely. My wife has never shot a gun, but I have had her dry fire and safe everyone in my house. If she ever had to use one in self defense (I have three big dogs to go through first) I have hers loaded with 2 snake shots first and then the rest are hollow points. If she ever has to use it, it is ready to go and she is at least knowledgeable even though she has never shot one. We go over safety and dry fire whenever I go to a range (quarterly)
In all of my 33 years, I've never run into a situation where I'd need to know anything about a gun. I've never seen a gun that wasn't attached to a cop or a soldier. I've been mugged before, but who cares? I'm insured, and they probably needed the money more than I did. I don't have a wife or kids or a girlfriend to worry about (spend too much time working for any of that).

Worrying about what might happen in some hypothetical situation where I'd need to know what to do with a gun seems kind of silly -- don't mess around with drug dealers, and the chances are virtually zero that that will ever happen, so planning on what to do if I'm in a situation where I need to handle a gun is like planning on what to do if I get bitten by a shark -- it could theoretically happen, but the chances are so remote that it's a waste of time worrying about it.

As far as children go, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been around children in my adult life, except passing them walking down the sidewalk with their parents. That's really a non-issue for me.

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
It's more about principle for me. I carry. I would rather not be a victim than give some low life the 50 cents I have in my pocket and a wallet full of useless cards for them. I know a few people that have stopped a mugging because they were carrying.

I'd almost rather lose my life than become a helpless victim. And in today's world? Who knows when someone is going to...disturb the peace.

I know others that say the same thing; "ah, if someone breaks into our house, we have insurance." Nah, someone breaks in here they best be leaving in a body bag (only in life threatening situations...state laws may vary). At least be able to hold them till the police show up (as did happen recently in the news).

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
In all of my 33 years, I've never run into a situation where I'd need to know anything about a gun. I've never seen a gun that wasn't attached to a cop or a soldier. I've been mugged before, but who cares? I'm insured, and they probably needed the money more than I did. I don't have a wife or kids or a girlfriend to worry about (spend too much time working for any of that).

Worrying about what might happen in some hypothetical situation where I'd need to know what to do with a gun seems kind of silly -- don't mess around with drug dealers, and the chances are virtually zero that that will ever happen, so planning on what to do if I'm in a situation where I need to handle a gun is like planning on what to do if I get bitten by a shark -- it could theoretically happen, but the chances are so remote that it's a waste of time worrying about it.
As far as children go, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been around children in my adult life, except passing them walking down the sidewalk with their parents. That's really a non-issue for me.

Jimmy, in your situation, you are probably doing the right thing. Not sure if it is true or not but I have heard that you can get put in prison if you get stopped and have a live round in the vehicle in your part of the country.
On the other hand, I also hope you understand that not everybody is in a situation like yours.
For lots of us being around firearms is just as normal as being around automobiles. For me personally, they are just another tool, like the lawn mower or my pickup. Been around guns all my life and enjoy utilizing firearms both recreationally and to give am a sense of personal safety. I have a concealed carry license and simply do not travel to states where it is not legal for me to carry. I have never been robbed or attacked and hope that it will not happen during the rest of my life. I also have never had to unholster my weapon in public and only needed to load my bedside shotgun twice.
Some people are nervous simply being in sight of a firearm and that is fine as long as they do not try to keep the rest of us law abiding citizens from owning them.
Sponsored