Sponsored

The Armory

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Well I figured why not make a thread all about guns. Share what you own, talk about your favorite type, ask questions about something you want or pretty much anything gun related. Please keep it civilized.

I'll start off.

Here is my Benelli SuperNova Tactical w/ Ghost Ring Sights.

I have to say this shotgun is topnotch. I purchased it at a MD gun show for $525! (Online was about $750). The action is buttery smooth and the mag lock on the slide is a pretty nifty feature. (As you pump press the button and it locks the magazine allowing you to combat load a different ammo type.

I was very iffy on a shotgun with a composite body on Steel frame but it is solid and lite. Plus a barrel that can take 3.5 in shells is A-Ok in my book. It's a solid shooter and my wife even enjoys popping off a few rounds. I do not like Semi Autos so this was an awesome find for me. Let me know what you guys think.

Also I've been looking into getting another concealed carry. I just can't take my eye off the Taurus Poly Public Defender. Does anyone own one or have thoughts on it?

Sponsored

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
I'm not very keen on having a revolver as a concealed carry piece but I'm not a very big guy. I have a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 that I love; the laser is kind of a gimmick in my mind but it small and simple.

Other than that, here are a few of my favorites:

UTS15, Smith & Wesson M&P40, and an AK74 Bullpup.

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Very nice! Bullpup you're my new best friend. In a few years I would love to get a Steyr Aug A3.

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
I've loved bullpups for a while but they're all so expensive! This is definitely a budget alternative. It has the absolute worst trigger pull you've ever felt but its still insanely fun! The bullpup trigger is just connected to the original trigger location via a rod so there's definitely slop in there. But the bonus is I got 1080 rounds of 5.45x39mm for $140 shipped...almost as cheap as a .22!

I also had the exact same Supernova for a while but sold that when I was eye-balling the UTS15. Don't like selling firearms but don't see the need of have multiples chambered in the same round/shell.

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Glad to see that the newer 1911's come with better sights.
My 70 series Combat Commander has some of the crudest sights ever made.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I've had to reduce my arsenal over the years for financial reasons. I'm left with just my Sig 229 and my CMMG gas-piston AR-15. I have my new house now and our budget is allowing me to save some extra cash so I'm actually looking for a good CC for my girlfriend due to her second job having her walking dogs sometimes late at night.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Brent, where do you go shooting? Besides the close NRA indoor range I've been looking for good outdoor ranges but they are few and very far between. There was 340 defense outside of Winchester but that's a nearly two hour drive and worthless to go on the weekend due to crowding. My sister has property near Charlottesville that she's said I can come shoot at any time I want but that is over two hours away and not a real range.

Actually, I'd love to get out skeet shooting some more. I don't own a shotty, but we went to Bull Run outdoor range and it was a lot of fun. Rentals were cheap and the whole range time was very affordable compared to normal ranges.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Nice! just got my Ltc number! waiting on my card to come! Looking for a nice cc! Total noob here.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Just a few from the collection.

LWRC IC 14.7' piston AR w/AAC SDN-6 suppressor, I have 3 total LWRC's in different flavors..

2nd pic is a LWRC M6A2 10.5 w/Gemtech G5 Suppressor + Sig Sauer Mosquito .22 w/Gemtech Alpine Suppressor (so much fun and cheap to shoot)
photo-1.JPG
photo-2.JPG

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Brent, where do you go shooting? Besides the close NRA indoor range I've been looking for good outdoor ranges but they are few and very far between. There was 340 defense outside of Winchester but that's a nearly two hour drive and worthless to go on the weekend due to crowding. My sister has property near Charlottesville that she's said I can come shoot at any time I want but that is over two hours away and not a real range.

Actually, I'd love to get out skeet shooting some more. I don't own a shotty, but we went to Bull Run outdoor range and it was a lot of fun. Rentals were cheap and the whole range time was very affordable compared to normal ranges.
Silver Eagle Group. Top notch facility. Friendly staff and they have two 75m ranges and one 75 yd prone range.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Silver Eagle Group. Top notch facility. Friendly staff and they have two 75m ranges and one 75 yd prone range.

Shoot rifles there? What's the cost usually?

Clink, you making me mad jelly on your supressors! I dream of getting a supressed Misquito.

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Shoot rifles there? What's the cost usually?

Clink, you making me mad jelly on your supressors! I dream of getting a supressed Misquito.
Yep everything is allowed...I don't think they have a caliber restriction either. Just no flachette or buck. Pricing wasn't all that bad I think it was $35 an hour. You can bring your own ammo or purchase on site. It may seem like a lot per hour but I think it's to push membership but it's an amazing facility.

They have something like 9 shoot houses on site. They constantly host badass events. During October they host a zombie invasion with sim rounds...need I say more.

They have even a private quiet viewing room with all they have for sale on display. Also you're never rushed and you're not treated like an idiot on or off the range.

Once you go you will never go anywhere else.
Sponsored