Sponsored

What's Your Profession?

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
hey im in college, any good jobs paying 60k at least with bachelors? figured id ask here since some of yall seem to have fun jobs
Unless you're going to be a lawyer or doctor, quit college and start a company :)

Or get into IT... If you are good at it or have an *incredible* drive to learn new things. If you go down the right path in a few years you can be in the 6 figures. Twice in my career I have had 30%+ pay increases, not counting regular increases etc.

If you do go into IT, understand that you don't make great pay increases unless you change job/companies. Hence the incredible desire to learn statement.

This statement was not meant to upset anyone with a degree. There have been times where a degree could have made my life easier.

Best advice ANY person can impart to another, find what you enjoy and make a living with it.
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
50 (in 13 days). IT Director for a Fortune 50 insurance company. I kind of fell into IT back in the mid 90's and it grew from there.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
Unless you're going to be a lawyer or doctor, quit college and start a company :)

Or get into IT... If you are good at it or have an *incredible* drive to learn new things. If you go down the right path in a few years you can be in the 6 figures. Twice in my career I have had 30%+ pay increases, not counting regular increases etc.

If you do go into IT, understand that you don't make great pay increases unless you change job/companies. Hence the incredible desire to learn statement.

This statement was not meant to upset anyone with a degree. There have been times where a degree could have made my life easier.

Best advice ANY person can impart to another, find what you enjoy and make a living with it.
Agree completely. There is great money in IT.

I am a systems engineer for a post production facility in hollywood. Very rewarding career, both financially and intrinsically. The most successful of my peers, all did not get a degree, myself included. Age 35

Last edited:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum

100%. No degree here. Started building PC's then networks and changed jobs 6 times in 30 years. Happy with my job and my salary but I'll be laid off at the end of the year. I finally decided to get my degree and I'm in my 3rd year.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
100%. No degree here. Started building PC's then networks and changed jobs 6 times in 30 years. Happy with my job and my salary but I'll be laid off at the end of the year. I finally decided to get my degree and I'm in my 3rd year.
Sorry to hear man. Too bad you are not in the Cincinnati area. We just posted a job for a director. :-/

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Soon to be 46 YO Machinist. Got a job out of high school in the manufacturing industry. Moved around with different opportunities in the midwest.

16 years ago I decided to go into business for myself. First 5 years were extremely tough, was only able to make paments, my wife (RN) put food on the table.
The last 11 have been very good. Have had several opportunities to grow by leaps and bounds but I like to keep it low stress and low risk.
I pulled in a little over 1/2 million in 2016 up slightly from the last several years. 2017 looks good.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
26 year old financial analyst for the largest commercial real estate company in the world. Graduated 4 years ago with a finance degree and I have been working in banking / investments straight out. Will be pursuing an MBA soon and plan on fully loaded 2018 GT Auto.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 34, and I invest in real estate here in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Just like on the TV shows, but with less staged drama, less profits than in Cali, and way more taxes than they mention :lol:
1367-Maximilian.jpg
Front of house - middle.jpg
20151224_130513.jpg
Kitchen nook #2.jpg
20151224_130655.jpg
Kitchen  #2.jpg

Tall Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 2015 F350 Lariat 6.2L
51 years old, 24 year long haul trucker..Life long Ford man with a couple German cars mixed in.

Currently hauling cars/trucks for a small outfit in PA....We'll haul anything with wheels or rubber tracks, but specialize in the bigger stuff.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I'm 22 and I am a building/forklift mechanic. Basically anything in the warehouse I work at breaks, we fix it. Forklifts, powered jacks, doors, dock plates, refrigeration system, electrical, the list goes on.

I am lucky enough to be with a company that pays well and has lots of overtime available, as well as have a cheap living solution to be able to afford the car I drive at the age I am.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I actually work for a firearms manufacturer in the mid-west. We make extremely high end AR-15s/M4 variants. I'm the serial numbers inventory manager.

But going to school for Software engineering. About 1 year out, and then hoping to find a nice place to work down in Texas!

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Creative Director at an Ad Agency
Sponsored