Sponsored

Paxton blow/by

Whtvans550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
So went to the track last tuesday and made some baseline passes. i notice after leaving the track a lot of oil on passenger side between intake and around fuel injectors and some sitting around grooves on intake.

Do the centrifugal cars make a lot of blow by? i ordered a UPR Paxton catch can will that be enough to stop the blow by getting on intake or is this a side effect i will have to live with?

car is a 2016 mustang gt auto with a paxton 3.6 pulley and jlt kit and just a axle back only.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Are u running breathers???,should not have oil on the intake,even if u have a little blow by your vent hoses should catch it and run it back tbrough air intake.Thats unless u have a catch can which it sounds like u dont at this point.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
catch can is a good idea, especially with a blower,

even more so on e85, we empty ours every couple weeks

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'm running a breather setup, and the drivers side breather has more oil residue on it for sure. Not much on the pass side.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Whtvans550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Are u running breathers???,should not have oil on the intake,even if u have a little blow by your vent hoses should catch it and run it back tbrough air intake.Thats unless u have a catch can which it sounds like u dont at this point.
yeah don't have one currently ordered a upr catch can. I'm waiting for it to come in. not sure as to why i am getting oil on the passenger side intake and by fuel injectors trying to find where its coming from.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Is the oil coming from wheir your pcv valves were hooked up?if so u should have hoses running from their into the air intake tube.Thats where your any residual oil should be going intil u get a catch can.Make sure all your connections are tight.

OP
OP

Whtvans550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Is the oil coming from wheir your pcv valves were hooked up?if so u should have hoses running from their into the air intake tube.Thats where your any residual oil should be going intil u get a catch can.Make sure all your connections are tight.
i believe its coming from the pcv valve on the passenger side that leads to the intake area behind thottle body. don't know if maybe the check valve that came with the paxton is bad maybe?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
I will have to have to see how paxton runs their vent hoses,are u saying that the vent hose on the passenger side pvc valve is still hooked up to vaccum at the back of the throttle body??If so u really need to look how all your vent hoses are ran.
Sponsored